PDA

View Full Version : The saga continues....

bubba
September 21st, 2013, 01:56 AM
I've been taking new meds all week and had two different problems at work today. After work, I went to the fire station to have my bp taken like a good girl. I was happy with it. I told the fireman about what had happened today and he was quite concerned.

I went home and emailed my doctor, as requested, telling him what had happened. It was not ten minutes later that my phone was ringing and I was being told to get to urgent care NOW!!! So, back I went. A lot faster service and very nice nurses today. I was happy to see the same doctor was there this afternoon who saw me on Tuesday. Well, two pokes later, five tubes of blood, a cat scan and another new medication and I finally got to go home. They still don't know why my body is so out of whack, but at least I have a brain and it's fine!

Then there is my work. Some of you know I have been a 911 dispatcher for over 30 years for the second largest county in Washington state. The note my doctor gave me the other day said because of my medical condition, I have to be on a constant shift thru the end of year and can only work dayshift hours. No sooner had I given it to my supervisor than I was told I was putting my job at risk.......now, I was not thinking very nice words, but they don't have to be repeated. I wish they would just medically retire me, but I think they will do whatever they can to force me to quit/retire. My coworkers are grumbling, they think behind my back, but I can hear them. I can also clearly read the crap they are posting on Facebook. So far one has been removed and two will be soon. Right now they are added stress that I don't really need.

Okay, breathe deep, stay calm, relax....oh, and go to bed!!

Lisapc
September 21st, 2013, 02:11 AM
I am so sorry you are going through this. I really hope that you are printing out what your co-workers are doing and saying on Facebook. I would present them to your doctor and then your supervisor. Frankly you don't' need this added stress and the supervisor would really hate any publicity for what he said to you and his other employees actions.

bubba
September 21st, 2013, 02:15 AM
Good point!!! Printing now!

Thank you!

Precious1
September 21st, 2013, 02:22 AM
Yes bubba, its called lawsuit. CYA. Cover Your A$$. Make sure you print more than one copy. Also, if you have a union, I think it's time to put your union dues to work. I'm really sorry that you are going thru these trying times, but its better for you to take care of you and be happy than they care of them and you be dead. Cause, they WILL replace you. Sad but true.

bubba
September 21st, 2013, 02:27 AM
I contacted the union right after work today. We have a fantastic business rep!

HdWench
September 21st, 2013, 03:28 AM
I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through on top of medical issues!! After 30 years you are due the respect you deserve and I'm happy to hear you've got a great rep on your side. I despise facebook for so many reasons and yet here is another one. Like high school all over again "friending" people or not. Glad you printed it out and hope they come to their senses and make your shift RIGHT!

((((Bubba)))))

Mchelem
September 21st, 2013, 04:39 AM
I've been taking new meds all week and had two different problems at work today. After work, I went to the fire station to have my bp taken like a good girl. I was happy with it. I told the fireman about what had happened today and he was quite concerned.

I went home and emailed my doctor, as requested, telling him what had happened. It was not ten minutes later that my phone was ringing and I was being told to get to urgent care NOW!!! So, back I went. A lot faster service and very nice nurses today. I was happy to see the same doctor was there this afternoon who saw me on Tuesday. Well, two pokes later, five tubes of blood, a cat scan and another new medication and I finally got to go home. They still don't know why my body is so out of whack, but at least I have a brain and it's fine!

Then there is my work. Some of you know I have been a 911 dispatcher for over 30 years for the second largest county in Washington state. The note my doctor gave me the other day said because of my medical condition, I have to be on a constant shift thru the end of year and can only work dayshift hours. No sooner had I given it to my supervisor than I was told I was putting my job at risk.......now, I was not thinking very nice words, but they don't have to be repeated. I wish they would just medically retire me, but I think they will do whatever they can to force me to quit/retire. My coworkers are grumbling, they think behind my back, but I can hear them. I can also clearly read the crap they are posting on Facebook. So far one has been removed and two will be soon. Right now they are added stress that I don't really need.

Okay, breathe deep, stay calm, relax....oh, and go to bed!!

Ask them to give it to you in writing, so that you can forward that on to your attorney. They can't fire you for medical reasons, and to imply that your health is putting your job at risk?? Wow. That takes balls.

Hawaii Roxy
September 21st, 2013, 05:07 AM
wow what are they 2??!! my gosh they need to grow up already!!! Im sorry but this kind of thing burns my butt! You dont need stress but dad gum it tell em to pipe down and get bent! oh and to mind their own business the kindergarden room is thataway>>>>>>>

bkthomas
September 21st, 2013, 05:50 AM
Am so sorry that you are going through this!!!! I just hate the fact that people (workers) are treated with such little respect, always made to feel replaceable....it's just sooo wrong!!!! Prayers for you dear forum friend.....

easyquilts
September 21st, 2013, 07:32 AM
Your treatment your employer and co- workers is. Inexcusable, and I gree that you should document everthing you can, The added stress could definitely adversely your health.... You certainly don't need anymore stress.

I'm so sorry for all you have been going through.

Sandy Navas
September 21st, 2013, 11:26 AM
This makes me want someone to call 911 to treat the supervisor and fellow employees - they would definitely be injured from my boiling blood!!

I have had many friends and acquaintances lose jobs near retirement because companies weren't willing to pay their retirements - even a few who had been given excellent reviews shortly before they were let go . . . URRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHH! When do we start valuing good workers????

Oh, and get well!!

CrazyMtnLady
September 21st, 2013, 02:20 PM
Sorry you are going through this. Don't let them bully you or get you all stressed out, Being a 911 operator has to be stressful enough