PDA

View Full Version : Good Monday Morning

Blondie
March 21st, 2011, 08:35 AM
http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/tt240/RiverMonster/Hello%20Images%20and%20Tags/Good%20morning%20Images/T2GoFrogAngelGoodMorning-vi.gif

It's a quiet and pretty morning here; sun is not quite out as I think it will be overcast. The birds are singing and chirping and rustling in my bushes. Spring is definitely in the air. Even my eyes are itchy. Hey, I'll take that and a zyrtec to be rid of the crud from the past few weeks.

Whatcha got going on today? Hubs will be home in a few to take care of some business and hopefully Sis will be by so we can play.

ginampls
March 21st, 2011, 08:56 AM
helloo!!! i am good. kinda... hoping to nut catch my daughter new cough.... golly can't i get a break.... i just got over being sick....today i plan to work on my daughters quilt... an Elenore Burns.. hugs and kisses...planning to assemble the center pannel... lots of directional pressing so the blocks nest...then perhaps... cut lattice then cut next round of block for the x's and o's... when finished i will post picks... oh chores.... argh... need to do a major clean ion DD room.. can't evan walk in there...

Monique
March 21st, 2011, 09:14 AM
Good morning Blondie and Gina,

Well it's snowing!! And here I thought spring was here. CRAP!! Today I will do a little clean up after my granddaughter was here. Catch up on my "Young and Restless" which I taped. I will quilt while watching them.

Husband and I have started our own choir. It's called "Coughing to the oldies". We both have the hack. What a lovely pair we are. Chicken soup will be the makings today!!

Well, Happy Monday all.

Monique

middlesis1966
March 21st, 2011, 09:30 AM
Hi all! I get to go to work, Joy Joy. Im gonna have to rethink taking a sleeping pill. It makes me to fuzzy in the am. The sleepless night are driving me crazy but this fuzzy is worse.
Have fun with your quilt Gina. Hope the germs stay away from ya.
You feel better also Monique.
Have fun with the sis Blondie!
Off to work I go, chat at ya later!

Angela Ryerse-Multhaupt
March 21st, 2011, 09:37 AM
Hi ladies! It's raining/snowing here..what a mess it is outside. Hoping for some sunshine soon!
Got to get caught up on some laundry and then off to quilt land i go! I have to finish my binding on my very first quilt...I'm excited to finish it! I will post photos when it's done. Have a great day everyone!

Loonwatcher
March 21st, 2011, 09:43 AM
:(Today will be our last day of vacation ...besides the usual walking, biking, swimmin and sunning, we have to do laundry and prep the house we are using for the next group. Oh, and try to check in for our flight home. There was such incredible problems booking this vacation that I won't be sure we have a flight home (aww, too bad!) until we're actually checked in. Bittersweet day. Too soon to go home (snowing there) but I am anxious to get to work on some quilting ideas I've gotten from you folks. I'm thinking of a table runner incorporating prints of the flower pictures I posted in a thread earlier this week and trying some wonky stripes of various blues and whites (to represent the ocean and beach).:icon_wave:

Sandy Navas
March 21st, 2011, 09:53 AM
Good Morning!
I'm feeling sluggish today and the old brain isn't sharp enough to offer welcomes to everyone in fashion.

Just know I'm thinking of you each and every one. I don't even have an idea of what I'm going to do today, so it is difficult to remember what you are doing . . .

Cheers!

Shirley
March 21st, 2011, 10:03 AM
It is beautiful here this morning. 59 degrees at 7:00 am. In the 80's today. Wow! It is finally spring. It is my oldest daughter's birthday. So dinner tonight with the family.
Working in the garden today and baking a cake, getting ready for the kids.
Everyone have a great day and catch ya later!

patticakes
March 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM
Hi all!
Happy Belated Birthday to Lynn!
Hope you have fun with Sis today Blondie.
Gina - good to hear you are feeling better and have some help for your move.
Monique - I am right there with you on the coughing and it's getting kinda old! Hope you two can relax today and enjoy your chicken soup!
Paula - Wake up sleepy girl! I hate that groggy feeling.
Angela - Can't wait to see the pics of your first quilt!
Nancy - Enjoy your last moments of vacation! I remember the beautiful pics you posted, boy that would make a stunning table runner! Safe travels on your way home.
Yooo hoooo Sandy! Hope you got some coffee to clear the cobwebs!
Shirley - Happy Birthday to your daughter! Your weather sounds lovely...wish I could do a little urban gardening but will wait another couple weeks as we have snow in the forecast for this week!

Well, I am working hard to get the store in order to close. From info that is dribbling in, it might be a bigger hassle than I first thought because the owner is so detached but with the help of my staff I will get through it. Hope they all stay til the end!
My sweetie is taking me to dinner and a Bulls game tonight! It will be a good diversion from all the store commotion but I will be exhausted tomorrow!
Hope you all have a lovely day!
Patti

pdjewelrylady
March 21st, 2011, 10:39 AM
Good Morning ladies :) beautiful sunshine filled central Florida kind of day here. love the flowers of spring! we have had the camillias and azaleas out and now the roses and lillies and pansies and geraniums are all blooming. I am sending everyone warm thoughts and happy hugs!!

TODAY is the day! last day to join the group and get in on swapping WILD ANIMAL Blocks in your favorite (or try something NEW) block in your favorite size !! TODAY is the day! :) SIGN UP now if you are wanting to play! and for those of you already signed up - WHOOOOHOOOOOO ---- have you checked out the pictures!!?! the first of the blocks are looking GREAT!! this is going to be a really exciting swap!! :)

Headed to downtown Orlando this afternoon to meet with a new jewelrylady friend and then back home to work in the yard a little but to play with my fans more!! They are so wonderful fun - i look forward to all of you getting yours and drooling over your finished projects!! :)

LynneLeavell
March 21st, 2011, 12:59 PM
Good Morning Everyone. Beautiful day today in Atlanta Georgia. Hopefully when I get home from work tonight I can get some sewing done after supper. I am soooooooooo far behind. My daughter and her two beautiful boys have moved out (I think anyway, they are at the house every night for supper). So now I'm going to get busy. We have our Greater Atlanta Shop Hop this weekend, Thursay through Sunday, so my mission this year is to find some Wild Animal print fabric.

Oh well guess I had better get to work (Oh wait! I'm there guess I had better get busy). Hope everyone is well and has a great day.

Lynne Leavell

janluna
March 21st, 2011, 01:52 PM
Hello everyone! I couldn't wake up this morning either. It is cold and the rain was going horizontal instead of vertical. The dogs wouldn't even go out. We all went back to bed. I didn't sleep, I drank coffee and read my book and snuggled under the covers to get warm. We had such a nice 60 degree day and now it's supposed to snow again. Oh well, in our area if you don't like the weather wait a minute and it will be different.
Suzi does this mean our package has been sent? YAY!!!! How about the one to you know who?
I can't wait!
Hope everyone has a super day! Love to you all, Jan L

toggpine
March 21st, 2011, 01:55 PM
Morning All!
I'll be doing some sewing this afternoon and some house cleaning this morning. I have to clean out the laundry room before Wednesday. It doubles as the coat/mud room. I think there are things buried under the coats that we haven't seen in 3 or 4 years!

I am still trying to decide which block I want to make for the swap. I guess I need to dig out the books and pick one.

You ladies have a good day!
Cathy

Carol_Ann
March 21st, 2011, 02:47 PM
It's raining, it's snowing .......yep, it's doing both in Massachusetts! I'm envious of all the talk of spring in your neighborhoods!
I'm o.k. with it because it will be blistering hot before you know it. Don't have time for hobbies lately. Since our baby Golden Retriever arrived I am quite busy trying to explain the "rules of the house" to her. Some days I am SURE she is smarter than I. Enjoy your day everyone.

shawnan
March 21st, 2011, 04:17 PM
It is a gray/grey day here in Nebraska. Not overly cold, but still need a jacket. Just a blah day, and it's making me feel blah. Went out this morning to run some errands and now I think I'll settle in for some sewing, or possibly a nap first. :D

Today my package should arrive from MSQC. I am excited!! Mailman should be delivering in the next half hour. Whoop Whoop!! (think "Pretty Woman" when you read that)

May those of you flying/driving today have safe travels.

Nancy

debinmalaga
March 21st, 2011, 04:31 PM
Hello, everyone, hope you are having a wonderful Monday (if there is such a thing). Carol Ann, wonderful to hear you have a new baby in the house!

pdjewelrylady
March 21st, 2011, 09:43 PM
Hi Jan - Yes, Yes and I can't either!! yippppeeeeee :)

carol ann you are right about the puppy - i want one but my husband says no way! oh well - guess i can quilt more! lol

Onetiredmomma
March 22nd, 2011, 12:07 AM
Nighty night everyone. I feel so behind from being at that conference this last weekend. Tomorrow I'm taking the first of a six part quilting class. Yay!