PDA

View Full Version : Friday is here

Blondie
September 20th, 2013, 06:59 AM

Hello Folksies! Yes, it is Friday!

I am hoping to have a quiet weekend - lots of paperwork stuff to do and possibly if I am fortunate, a little bit of sewing as well. It is possible to have some rain this weekend. I can't believe I am saying this since we had so much rain earlier this summer - but I am looking forward to some rain drops. We have been having to water our plants outside recently -

Does anyone decorate their houses inside and/or outside seasonally? If so, have you started decorating for fall? Do you do a Fall theme, then Halloween, Thanksgiving - ?

Thanks to all who commiserated with me yesterday over my dear Russell. I am feeling a bit better after visiting the funeral parlor. They were showing a photo collage on DVD as is the trend these days. There was one of Russ sitting under the quilt I made him for Christmas a few years back. The smile that was always on his face was never fake. I learned a lot about smiling from Russ.

Blessings to each here, prayers for those in need and you know, even in sadness of loss, there can be a smile of joy for the love that was and continues

SMILE! A big wide toothy one!

Bubby
September 20th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Good Morning Blondie & Everyone,

Blondie, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better after visiting the funeral parlor.

Yes, I decorate inside and outside a bit for Halloween, Fall/Thanksgiving/Harvest, Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter and July 4th. Right now I just have a Fall table topper on the table and an arrangement on the front of the house. I haven't dug around to find all the good stuff yet. It pretty much takes me half a day to do this.

I got sick at the dentist yesterday and Jeff had to come and carry me home. I metabolize numbing shots really fast (in 30 minutes on average), which causes me to have to have up to 15 shots per appointment. Yesterday the second round of numbing was something different and I started shaking, sweating and feeling weak. I told the doc I felt terrible and he said they had just given me a shot of epinephrine...OMG!!! I've never been able to tolerate it. He thought it might make my numbing last longer. They took my blood pressure and it was very high and my heart was racing. Then I began to vomit all over the place. They cleaned me up and had to continue because he was at a place where he couldn't just send me home. Then I got the worst headache I've ever had in my life..so they called Jeff. My car is still there, so we will go pick it up after work this afternoon. Everything was going well up to that point. Three more appointments and I will be DONE! I think being done will be my Christmas gift this year!! Sorry for complaining...you all must be sick to death of me complaining about my teeth.

Before the dentist yesterday I cleaned the sewing room and it looks nice. I think I want to make a little Halloween table topper...just one large block. We will see what happens.

I'm heading back to bed for an hour or so....wishing everyone a good Friday with hugs all around.

Lisapc
September 20th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Blondie: I hope you have a wonderful weekend with lots of smiles in rememberance of Russel.

Bubby: You are not a complainer whining about every little ache and pain. You are going through something very hard and very painful at times. I am so sorry this is happening to you and it isn't easy. Praying this is over soon for you.

My day is supposed to be my own but my GD Kora called me crying the other day and needs to see me and spend today with me and I napped a long nap yesterday. So today I run a couple errands and will make one of them some kind of treat for me and then go pick up that little girl to come home with me and pick tomatoes and sew. I have no idea what the boys have planned but I can't wait to see my parents, it is a big gift this year.

I wish you all giggles today and a treat as well!

P.S. I forgot to answer your question. I decorate for holidays and change things (curtains, table cloths, etc.) the seasons but nothing changes in September until my Lil' Guy has his birthday on the 24th. Then Halloween starts to come out!

pcbatiks
September 20th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Hello everyone,
Barb, don't feel like you are complaining. You have been through a lot at the dentist so vent when you need to. It also lets us know when to send out those prayers. So sorry you had such a bad reaction yesterday......hope you are feeling a lot better today!

I hope to work on my SS and Fall Mug Rug things today........that will be after a morning nap......because I woke up a 4:30 this morning!

I'm thankful for all of you in ForumLand ........have a great day!

bkthomas
September 20th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better Blondie.
Barb, you know you can vent here....I truly feel for you..I have had trouble with my teeth my whole life and I have not been to see a dentist for maybe 14 or 15 years...yikes!
Lisa, Happy B-Day! Hope it's a great one!!!
Pam, we're glad to have you too!!!

MRoy
September 20th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Good morning! Blondie, I'm glad you're feeling better about Russell. Hang on to all those good memories. Barb, I feel so bad for you. I am a bit phobic of dental work and I'm not sure I could be as strong/brave as you to endure all that you have.

I decorate more for the seasons than for each holiday. I keep a wreath on the front door year round. The fall wreath is up now and I'll add mums on the porch later. The Christmas wreath and lighted porch trees will be out later, then the winter wreath, etc. I don't do a lot of indoor seasonal/holiday decorating.

CrazyMtnLady
September 20th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Good morning everyone. I have been up since about 5 but just got on the computer. It rained all night and is still drizzling out there. I think today is going to be a day to grab a book and just relax. I have been going non-stop and need a break.

Barb, I hope the rest of your appointments go better than that one. Hope you are feeling okay today.

After pulling and cutting all the weeds I have been working on.. I am sneezing my head off. I have been taking Benadryl and feeling a bit loopy...but then..what else is new..LOL

I really want to get back to my sewing machine. I can't believe I haven't been sewing in so long. It's a good thing I was caught up on my Secret Sister Santa box. I feel like I am neglecting my machine though.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs and prayers.

Precious1
September 20th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Good morning all. Blondie, cherish the precious memories. They keep you smiling in your time of sorrow. Barbara, oh I feel your pain. I strongly dislike going to get dental work done. I need to do a root canal and crown. I've been putting it off for eight months now. Guess when I can't deal with the pain of an abscessed tooth, then I'll do it, lol. Lisa, Happy Birthday.

Today I'm going to finish working on some string blocks. I also have to straighten up my sewing room. Made a mess looking for my scraps to make the string blocks, lol. I also designed my mug rug for the mug rug swap, but I'm gonna work on that on Monday, cause I'm taking a class tomorrow on appliqué and my design for the rug has appliqué. I'm sew excited.

My thoughts and prayers are with my forum friends. Be blessed and keep on smiling. It may be the best thing you gave someone today.

cyndiofthevortex
September 20th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Blondie and Barb, I thought of the two of you a lot yesterday. It sounds like it was a rough one for both of you.

Today I am preparing for yet another class, this time to make a wallhanging featuring funky appliqued flowers. I am becoming a class junkie because of Craftsy! I've enjoyed their on-line classes so much it's made me search out and find some flesh and blood ones near me. It will all be done in batiks, of course. It's at Portsmouth Fabric Company, a very famous quilt shop in historic Portsmouth, NH. After the class we'll do some sightseeing around the town. It's too charming for words.

My two DGSs are going to the fair today and the family is meeting up with their birth father there. They were too little to remember him the last time they saw him and they are excited to meet him. These kids have the best perspective on their adoption. I'm always amazed at the love they have and their eagerness to share it. I think "Daddy David" will be happy to see how healthy and happy his children are to have the parents God gave them.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 20th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Hi everyone! Blondie, so glad for you that God's healing grace has helped you through your grieving for your friend, Russell. And Barb, your experience at the dentist sounds so awful! It's bad enough to have to endure that, let alone when you are sick as a dog! Hope the dentist learned a lesson, TALK TO YOUR PATIENT BEFORE YOU CHANGE MEDICATIONS! I used to take the nitrous oxide, which was great, but I had a reaction to it, now I just need to suck it up and do without it!

Got my Tula Pink quilt done last night just in time for viewing the Daily Deal! I threw it in the dryer to get rid of the Frixon Pen marks, and the cat and I snuggled under it. The day at the quilt machine took its toll on my back, so it wasn't a great night of sleeping.

There is a two day sewing expo nearby, I'm going to go out to check it out later today!

Hope you all have a great day!

Panda
September 20th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Good morning everyone.

I decorate a little for Halloween but more for fall and then a lot for Christmas.

Yesterday was a great day. I met Monique at the quilt show. She is such a warm and friendly person. I had a great time visiting with her. She is the second forum member I have met. I met Trish (quiltingtrish) last summer at the Hershey show. It was great meeting her also, but I was new at all this forum stuff and I think I was more reserved when I met Trish. Yesterday I was more outgoing when I met Monique.

I hope everyone has a great day today,
Kathy

Sandy Navas
September 20th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Just dropping by to send some encouraging vibes to everyone who needs them. Grab on and hold tight. It will get better.

debinmalaga
September 20th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Hello everyone, just a quick hello from West Virginia. Been sewing like mad but accomplishing little besides mistakes - guess those times are part of life.

Deb

auntiemern
September 20th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Blondie, so happy to hear you are doing better today. Thought about you a lot yesterday my friend.
Barb, what a nightmare to endure. I cannot believe your dentist gave you ANY medication without checking with you first.
Not sure what the day holds, other than I will have the kids later this afternoon and all evening.
Hugs and Blessings for all. Prayers for those in need.

dwil23
September 20th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Good afternoon, all!

Glad to hear you are feeling better today, Blondie, Barb, hope you are feeling better soon - dental work is not fun.

I am happy to say I just two minutes ago put the very last stitch in my sailboat quilt. I was really hating it yesterday, but I feel better about it today. I fought the tension (and the tension won) while FMQing it, so the back of the quilt isn't my finest work, but, it will have to do. Now to make a boppy cover out of Minky and the shower gifts are done. Then, I am making Evan a trick or treat bag, so got to get busy on that. We are going over for his birthday party next Friday.

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day and a great weekend, as I go back to work tonight. Booo.

Oh, yeah, forgot about the decorating question.

When I had my own home, yes, every holiday. I have lots of decorations and plan to add more (quilts) when I have my own home again. My sister (that I live with) is a very BAH-Humbug type and always has negative comments about anything holiday related, so my things just sit in my storage unit waiting for the day they will see sunlight again. I really like to do monthly themes, and plan to have a quilt for each month of the year.

HdWench
September 20th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Afternoon. Blondie I'm so glad to hear you feel better today ((((Hugs))) remembering his wonderful smile does everyone good!

Barb still praying for you and the Dentist. I hope this time would not be so bad, but it more awful! Rest and take care off YOU, that car's not going anywhere. Hope he get's it right and by Christmas you and your mouth are both well, happy and pain free!!

Jean am wishing your back a good rest with the cat! I love when they snuggle with us, all the warmth and their purrs just make us feel better! You've been pushing yourself so hard, and all the excitement with Klasien coming too. Stay on that couch today if you can!! :-) We need you to get well dear friend!

Had friends over for dinner and hated that I had to go lay down just as the steaks were coming off the grill *ugh* they were very understanding but I wanted to visit more!! Finished mug rugs, and saw a fall table runner that is Yelling my name BUT we pack up in just over a week, so I need to make sure I put my SS stuff in all the same *I can find it place* and after the weekend, get to packing up fabric. The good and bad about traveling, I'll find some of that fabric I stuff into somewhere, but have to pack all my pretties down until we get home - a Long trip this year but worth every extra day!

Have a good one all