PDA

View Full Version : The results are in

Mchelem
September 20th, 2013, 03:24 AM
I've put off posting because I needed time to absorb and ponder, and hope that it was a bad dream I would wake up from, but it's finally sinking in.

My biopsy results came back positive for ovarian cancer. I will be having surgery the first week of October. Thankfully, because of a personal history of breast cancer and a family history of breast and ovarian cancer, my dr did the BRCA testing, as well as a ca-125 series to watch for any changes, and was able to catch it early. They don't think it has spread, but will remove some lymph nodes when they do my surgery to send to pathology.
I am actually looking forward to the surgery because it will clear up some other issues I have and will hopefully put me back to 100%. I'm tired of iron infusions and blood transfusions to keep my iron and hemoglobin up.

So, forgive me in advance if I come across as snippy in my posts. I don't mean to, I just have a lot on my plate right now, and not a whole lot of support in the "real" world.

Judy, USMC
September 20th, 2013, 03:27 AM
But remember you do have a ton of support here in the "virtual world." Will be thinking of you often and hoping for the best!

Mchelem
September 20th, 2013, 03:30 AM
I know.

Is it bad that I told y'all before I told my parents??

Helen McD
September 20th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Hope it all goes well

Musical_Starling
September 20th, 2013, 03:55 AM
I've put off posting because I needed time to absorb and ponder, and hope that it was a bad dream I would wake up from, but it's finally sinking in.

My biopsy results came back positive for ovarian cancer. I will be having surgery the first week of October. Thankfully, because of a personal history of breast cancer and a family history of breast and ovarian cancer, my dr did the BRCA testing, as well as a ca-125 series to watch for any changes, and was able to catch it early. They don't think it has spread, but will remove some lymph nodes when they do my surgery to send to pathology.
I am actually looking forward to the surgery because it will clear up some other issues I have and will hopefully put me back to 100%. I'm tired of iron infusions and blood transfusions to keep my iron and hemoglobin up.

So, forgive me in advance if I come across as snippy in my posts. I don't mean to, I just have a lot on my plate right now, and not a whole lot of support in the "real" world.

:icon_hug: You know you can always lean on us for support! Hugs, prayers, and best wishes headed your way and fingers crossed for a speedy (and complete!) recovery.

Sew Perfect
September 20th, 2013, 04:03 AM
I want you to know that We are here for you. Even though we are in the virtual world and pen pals per say, we are still your friends and want to support you. It isn't bad that you told us before you told your parents because we are the cushion and you are practicing on us. Talk to your mom and dad so they can be there for you too. Blessings to you and be strong. If you need a virtual shoulder, we are always here.

bkthomas
September 20th, 2013, 04:13 AM
I agree, it is not "bad" that you told us. Prayers always....

shermur
September 20th, 2013, 05:15 AM
No, it's not bad that you didn't tell your parents first. Always know that you can lean on those you know that care! Hoping all goes well for your surgery and you're in our thoughts!

turena65
September 20th, 2013, 05:21 AM
You vent all you need to... you have nothing but supportive friends here with listening ears and hearts who care about you and what you are going through. My prayers are with you for not only positive results, but for the ability to have the strength and courage to handle whatever the outcome may be. :)

Turena

Iris Girl
September 20th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Good thoughts and well wishes all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 20th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Oh, wow! What news! We're here for you with support and prayers.

Sheena
September 20th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Hope it all goes well for you.

Most of don't tell our parents first, I'm sure.

Blondie
September 20th, 2013, 07:15 AM
The type of news you never want to hear - thankfully as you said, your Dr was on top of this. We will be standing with you in support and prayer.
Blondie

Bubby
September 20th, 2013, 07:27 AM
You have loads of friends and quilty sisters here. One day at a time....my prayers will be with you. Let us know the day of your surgery so we can be sending up extra prayers that day. Hugs, Barb

pcbatiks
September 20th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Michele, add me to the group of forum friends that will be praying for you and thinking of you. We are here when you need to vent.

Lisapc
September 20th, 2013, 07:48 AM
It is easier to tell us than your parents. You don't have to see our faces when you tell us. Praying for you and always here for you if you need us.

Suzette
September 20th, 2013, 08:17 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Who you tell and when you tell is totally your choice, and no right or wrong involved. You have a tough row to hoe and you are just doing the best you can. I think you sound strong and positive. Keep coming here so your quilty friends can uplift you and give you a safe and loving place to talk. Hugs to you!!!!! I am praying daily for you!

CrazyMtnLady
September 20th, 2013, 09:43 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. You can be snippy with me anytime you want to get something off your chest. God bless you.

Sandy Navas
September 20th, 2013, 12:23 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/free_spirit73/Cartoon%20Photos/prayers.jpg (http://www.datehookup.com/Thread-257189.htm)

You can always come here to share your frustrations. We've got huge combined shoulders for you to lean on!!!!

ksap
September 20th, 2013, 01:00 PM
So sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis. I hope all of the positive thoughts and prayers coming from your friends here will bring you some comfort and encouragement. I have seen the power of prayer firsthand so if you don't mind, I am going to add you to the petition list of my prayer group. You can be assured that there will be lots of people praying for you in Kansas.

You can be snippy here any old time that you want. Friends are there through the good times and the bad.

SallyO'Sews
September 20th, 2013, 01:00 PM
I know.

Is it bad that I told y'all before I told my parents??

No, honey, it's not. Now that we know, we can pray for them as well, that the Lord will prepare their hearts to hear this news. And we will certainly pray for your health and well-being throughout the process of treatment.

Hugs and blessings, dear one,
~ Sally \0/

auntiemern
September 20th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Prayers headed up for you. Your quilty sisters will always be here for you to vent, rant, and for support. As a recent lung cancer patient, I can completely understand your fear. Those 3 words are something none of us want to hear. Keep the faith and believe that everything is going to turn out alright. Sure you will have doubts, but stand strong in your faith.

nyscpa2be
September 20th, 2013, 01:21 PM
(((HUGS))) I can't say that I feel your pain 100%, but I just went through my fourth inpatient stay in 9 months, and have finally been diagnosed. My friends here on the forum have been so nice and caring. You deserve the love that is on this site right now, and please don't apologize for not feeling up to posting all the time. Just get better soon - and congrats on having an early discovery!

Learner quilter
September 20th, 2013, 01:34 PM
I don't pray, but I am sending you my good wishes for a speedy recovery. xxxx. :icon_hug::icon_hug:

dwil23
September 20th, 2013, 01:37 PM
(((HUGS)))) and prayers for your complete healing.

easyquilts
September 20th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Yep.... You cn count us .... Your utility friends. We will loved support you every step of the way....

I am so,so sorry that this horrible disease has come into your life..... You can be s "snippy" as you like here.

When things get tough, look down, and you will see us holding your hand,,,. You will know that we are encircling you with our prayers.

Scream and cry when you feel like it. I remember doing that for eight miles when I learned I had Brest cancer....it helps. And, indulge yourself.... Do whatever makes you feel better,,,, read a good book, soak in a bubble bath, watch old movies,eat chocolate, quilt..... Whatever you feel like doing.

Cme here whenever you need to vent, whin, or cry... Someone is always here....

God Bless

Bailey65
September 20th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Please know that all the ladies on this forum will be praying for you, including myself! You can never have to many prayers. Vent to us anytime you like.

MRoy
September 20th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Hugs and prayers for you! We're here to be your support, sounding board, whining/ranting station, whatever you want us to be and we'll stand with you.

alliek
September 20th, 2013, 02:56 PM
So many of us here have been through tough times, so we know some of what you are experiencing. No explanations needed, just know we are here to hear your complaints, rants and wipe away your tears and pray from our hearts for your complete healing and peace of mind. God's blessings and my love.

lilmouse
September 20th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Keeping you in prayer and holding you in my thoughts and in my heart

MartinaG
September 20th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Early diagnosis and a quick treatment are good omens. Will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts.

{{{Hugs}}}} from California

cyndiofthevortex
September 20th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I am so sorry to hear this news. I know I will think of you often and pray for you.

Please keep us updated. Don't ever think we don't want to hear how you are feeling or what you are going through. We are here to support you through everything that lies ahead. Okay?

HdWench
September 20th, 2013, 03:11 PM
So sorry to hear you had to hear this! Glad it was caught early and putting you in my prayers too. Sandy's right, together we all have HUGE shoulders to lean on, cry with, or yell to :-) God is with you every single moment.

HandsOffItsMine
September 20th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Hugging you through the cyber clouds as I type this message to you. Seems many of us have been caught this year for the first time or second round/type of cancer.

Was 37 when I had my uterine cancer removed and after treatment. This summer at 53 with Breast Cancer, the biopsy showed A Typical cells, first plan was to wait 6 month. Then the call came, nope...let's not...after treatment starts about 10 days.

No it's not bad that you told your Quilting Cyber Sister first. Sometimes your surrounding family/friends can't deal with the news for whatever reason. The gals here are great on being supportive, through kind words, prayers, karma, healing light, greater spirit, mojo, you name it. My small family doesn't know the full details of my after care treatment, including my DH who had a bypass. No need to get them all worried. Early detection has been on my side, prayer is a guiding force and only God knows what His plan is for me. I just know I have a lot of work to do with my NICU/PICU and my grandbabies/daughter need me. Even that DH of mine. lol

You can always PM me should you want to talk about anything, including ranting about treatment or friends who don't seem to know what to say to you.

Prayers and healing light being sent your way. Huggers, Ruby

Mchelem
September 20th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and support. It means the world to me knowing you're all in my corner.

KathieB
September 20th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Sending prayers and hugs your way for a full and speedy recovery.

ilive2craft2
September 20th, 2013, 04:44 PM
That kind of news takes a bit of time for you to absorb and even to know how to tell someone else. You know you need their support, but also know they will need some time to absorb the news too. Please keep us as up to date as you want on how you are feeling. Will keep you and your family in my prayers. Hugs, Lisa

K. McEuen
September 20th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I wish you the best of luck in all that lies ahead. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Grandma G
September 20th, 2013, 05:48 PM
That is not the news I wanted to hear. So glad you have kept on top of this because of family history. You know that all of us in the real world and the virtual world are pulling for you 24/7. As for wondering whether it was bad to tell us before telling your parents -no, that isn't a bad thing. We all know how our parents would feel knowing that a child of theirs has a serious illness, regardless of that child's age. Our children are our babies for all of their lives.

I, like everyone else, will pray for your full recovery. The road may not be easy for you but you can lean on us and vent anytime. Let us be there for you.

God Bless.

Lindagie
September 20th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Early diagnosis is key for this disease; happy that you kept on top of this due to family history. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way for full recovery. It does take time to absorb this kind of news; so maybe it is a good thing that you told us first, and have had time to let it sink in before telling your parents. We are with you all the way!

nyscpa2be
September 20th, 2013, 09:07 PM
I can't believe I forgot to say this early - I'm praying for an easy and quick recovery for you. Keep your head high, and I'm looking forward to the date when you can say the treatments are over. <3

kensington
September 20th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Hang in there, I know how you feel. It is very scary. So glad to hear that you will be fine!

Miss Sheri
September 20th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Sweetie, I'm praying for you too. (((Hugs))) Sheri

mommadeb
September 20th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Hugs and many prayers to you.

Genny
September 20th, 2013, 09:34 PM
If you need a shoulder to lean we're always here. Hugs and prayers, Genny

Tanya D
September 21st, 2013, 03:33 AM
You have my thoughts and prayers.

stationarymom
September 21st, 2013, 03:48 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that your results were positive,but at least they were watching and caught it early.i wish you the best of luck .please know that you will be in my prayers.
joan

Quilted Fantasies
September 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
I can only say ditto to everything that has been said. Please keep us posted and know that we are here for you.

quiltingtrish
September 21st, 2013, 04:49 PM
My prayers are coming too Michele. No, it's not bad to tell us first. We are here to surround you with prayers and hugs.

Hugs,

sewbizzy
September 21st, 2013, 04:59 PM
I will be keeping you in my prayers...hugs to you, too!!

asta
September 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM
prayers for you and guidance for the surgeons.

grannyann
September 21st, 2013, 08:53 PM
I second all the prayers and good wishes for you. Talk to mom , I know if it were my daughter I would want her to tell me.
Nothing but good wishes for you from Illinois

Gayle Russell
September 21st, 2013, 09:07 PM
I am sorry to hear your news. Thankfully they caught it early, what a great doctor you have. Please, remember that we will always be here for you, no matter the time of day or dark of night. Prayers for your speedy recovery.
PS and lots of hugs!

Mchelem
September 22nd, 2013, 03:20 AM
I second all the prayers and good wishes for you. Talk to mom , I know if it were my daughter I would want her to tell me.
Nothing but good wishes for you from Illinois

My mom and I actually aren't close. I was closer to my grandma and she passed 4 years ago (from ovarian cancer). My mom tends to makes things "all about her" and it really gets old. I'm talking to my dad and step mom tomorrow, and then hubby and I will have the talk with mom. He's going to handle most if it for me.

auntiemern
September 22nd, 2013, 03:36 PM
So sad about your mom, but I know that happens. So glad that your hubby will be by your side too help you. Draw strength from the people that have it to give to you, and stay away from people that can suck the life out of you. Come here as often as you need to. PM me any time you just want to talk, or get friendly, motherly advice.
My mom and I actually aren't close. I was closer to my grandma and she passed 4 years ago (from ovarian cancer). My mom tends to makes things "all about her" and it really gets old. I'm talking to my dad and step mom tomorrow, and then hubby and I will have the talk with mom. He's going to handle most if it for me.

Monique
September 22nd, 2013, 10:05 PM
I am glad it was got early. I wish you a speedy recovery. You know you have all kinds of support here.

MayinJerset
September 22nd, 2013, 10:18 PM
56385 May

aliaslaceygreen
September 23rd, 2013, 12:08 AM
Take care, Michele!

grammakim04
September 23rd, 2013, 01:03 AM
Very wonderful and supportive friends on this forum, please keep us informed of what is happening. Will be praying for you and your family. Glad it was caught so early.

Mchelem
September 23rd, 2013, 03:33 AM
My dad and step mom took it well. My mom turned it into a dramatic event, and threw herself a pity party. She just can't believe this is happening to her and just couldn't believe that we chose to break this news to her today, which was my grandmas birthday, and that made it all the worse. I finally just said "mom, we will call you after surgery to let you know how I am, don't worry about coming to the hospital" and walked out the door, got in the truck and we left.
Of course she called my brother to tell him how mean I am, and that we shut her out of our lives and won't allow her to be there for me, blah, blah, blah and he called me to get "the real story".
So now I just prepare for surgery and hope for easy recovery and that nothing's spread. One day at a time is what I keep saying to myself. This too shall pass, and God will carry me through.

Thank you all again for your prayers and thoughts.

Musical_Starling
September 23rd, 2013, 03:45 AM
My dad and step mom took it well. My mom turned it into a dramatic event, and threw herself a pity party. She just can't believe this is happening to her and just couldn't believe that we chose to break this news to her today, which was my grandmas birthday, and that made it all the worse. I finally just said "mom, we will call you after surgery to let you know how I am, don't worry about coming to the hospital" and walked out the door, got in the truck and we left.
Of course she called my brother to tell him how mean I am, and that we shut her out of our lives and won't allow her to be there for me, blah, blah, blah and he called me to get "the real story".
So now I just prepare for surgery and hope for easy recovery and that nothing's spread. One day at a time is what I keep saying to myself. This too shall pass, and God will carry me through.

Thank you all again for your prayers and thoughts.

I'm glad to hear that your Dad and step mom are accepting, but as for your Mom... Well, I have a few family members like that too so I can (somewhat) relate. Just put one foot in front of the other and keep on keeping on. You need to put YOU first, her drama is not necessary nor is it helping. Hopefully she will come to her senses soon, but in the meantime you know you have lots of love and support here :)

Wwena
September 23rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
My bestest wishes that all goes well, that it hasn't spread and that the surgery takes care of any connected issues! It's right to focus on getting it done and to be grateful they knew to find it early. Scary as all that, but it could be so much worse had they not!!

phoots
September 25th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Prayers and ((((HUGS))))!!

Pam in Vegas

Mpyles
September 25th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.