PDA

View Full Version : For the dog lovers of this group

ksap
September 19th, 2013, 01:10 PM
My daughter sent me this link and I just had to share it with everyone. It is amazing! Nothing is impossible for our canine friends.

Dog Escapes Through Kitchen Window - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPqnTV5dv9w)

I hope this works because when there is a computer involved, you just never know what I will do.

Bubby
September 19th, 2013, 02:38 PM
That's WILD! I often wonder what dogs do when the owners are gone. Sometimes we come home and find things scattered around or missing. Dottie, our older Scottie, can "do things". If I can ever catch her on video I will post it on YouTube.

This was a very determined and very smart dog! Thanks for posting!!

auntiemern
September 19th, 2013, 03:20 PM
It is amazing what they can do. Years ago, when we were bowling, I would come home to my carton of cigs torn up all over the place. (guess he wanted me to quit back then, or he was addicted to nicotine too). We couldn't figure out how he was getting them, because the were high up on a shelf in the kitchen. Well DH stepped out of his room one night, and there was Max, on top of the table, standing up reaching for my cigs. DH yelled at him, and scared poor Max so bad he never did that again.

Sandy Navas
September 19th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Simply astonishing! Smart little booger!!

Quilted Fantasies
September 19th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I'm not even a dog person and I still thank that's hilarious! I'm going to send the link to some friends who have dogs...

dwil23
September 19th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Oh my goodness! I can see why they had to set up a camera to figure it out. Smart Dog! We had a little dog that kept escaping the back yard. We finally figured out how when we harnessed him to keep him in. The chain was just long enough for him to climb the fence, jump over, but not reach the ground. We found him hanging on the outside of the fence. Thank God it was a harness and not a collar.

Suzette
September 19th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Poor baby has some serious separation anxiety. I hope the owners are dealing with the issue for their sweet dog's sake!

dwil23
September 19th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Suzette, I just showed this to my daughter - she's a vet tech and dog trainer and she said the same thing. Poor guy. She also said he would end up hurting himself badly if they don't deal with it.

Lisapc
September 19th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Poor dog. I feel so bad for him being that upset and it is amazing what some dogs will do to get to their owners.

Terri
September 20th, 2013, 11:25 AM
That is hilarious!! My sister & her husband have two cats & a dog (sheltie). They kept discovering when they came home, that "somehow" the animals were getting into their bedroom & bathroom.....a chewed up loofah sponge, a roll of toilet paper turned into confetti, knocked over & broken decorator perfume bottles etc. They have a pocket door leading into said bedroom, and the one day (by chance) came upon the two cats & the dog working TOGETHER to push, paw, nose & wiggle that door to slide open! Now they have to use a coin to lock it from the outside when they leave so their things are safe in the bedroom! And people call them "dumb" animals! LOL