PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

Blondie
September 19th, 2013, 05:45 AM

It is Thursday Folksies

We have peeps coming and going on this forum - our Anna is currently the world traveller, our Klaisen is coming back to the US next week - we have others that are doing their annual sojourner. It is always a vicarious joy to share with others their trips.

My dearest friend Russell took his final trip yesterday morning. He passed away in his home at around 9 a.m. I am not taking this very well because of the total shock. Okay, so he was 94. Just because someone is a senior doesn't mean that you expect them to just die suddenly. I had seen him just recently, while he was still in rehab. He was released on Monday morning and I had planned to see him this Saturday after work was completed. I wanted to give the family some time with him first. Once again, I realize just how selfishly intimate grief is. I cannot express how much I have missed seeing him daily since August. I cannot express how much I am going to miss him until I see him again when we are re united in Heaven. While I know his destination, I am so sad for ME. I feel as if I have lost my Daddy all over again. What a gift God gave me with this friend of the heart! Sorry for sounding so maudlin so early. I will get over this and then will be able to express my hearts joy at his reunion with his lovely wife, Jette, and others he has been longing to see. I know if anyone was ready to meet their Creator, it was Russ. I just wish I could stop crying. I look worse than a troll when I cry. Poor Luscious. Went to bed with one and woke up with one. My entire face swells up, my eyes are like puff pastries - oy! Then I look at myself in the mirror and don't know whether to cry more or laugh. Thank goodness I have a sense of humor.

Work this morning, then the next few days I will be there for his family.

HdWench
September 19th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Blondie, I am sitting here crying for you. What a wonderful man he was being a friend of yours, making you feel like you had your daddy with you even. I know it is the living that suffer when someone joins our Father in Heaven (((((Big Hug)))) and while it was his time that still doesn't make anyone feel better! Yeah I also look like a puffy eye-d alien from crying and good you get to spend some time with his family. Give them hugs too and know you were in his heart as well.

Just working on Mug rugs and wondered WHO was up already - then saw it's 4 am here, but 6 out East! Ok cracking the whip on myself, take care everyone.

HandsOffItsMine
September 19th, 2013, 07:55 AM
(((Blondie))), I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost your Russell 'cause I know how much he means to you. I could always see the love you two have for each other in the photos you shared. He's lucky to have had your love as well. ;)

We all look like trolls when we've had a good cry...

Huggers, Ruby

MayinJerset
September 19th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Sad days for you but your dear Russell is resting in peace and looking down smiling at you his dear friend. Such a happy photo of the both of you.

pcbatiks
September 19th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Blondie...........so sorry to hear about your dear friend Russell...........we will be thinking of you.

I've been working some of my SS gifts.......have several ideas....just need to get them done.

Hope everyone has a productive day.........with a nap worked in somewhere! :D

MRoy
September 19th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Blondie, I'm so sorry about Russell. The sudden passing of a loved one is so difficult for those left behind. It's clear in your picture that you were very close...like family. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers in the days ahead.

cyndiofthevortex
September 19th, 2013, 08:36 AM
How lucky you are to have known such a man! I know you need to mourn, for now is the time to do it. Soon there will be a time to celebrate his life and your wonderful relationship! Psalm 30:11 - "You have turned my mourning into dancing for me; you have put off my sackcloth and girded me with gladness." I pray that your gladness comes soon.

Iris Girl
September 19th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Blondie so sorry to hear of your loss of your friend Russell. Its always so hard to lose one so close. My thoughts will be with you.

Bubby
September 19th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how much you loved Russell. On the other hand, I rejoice with you knowing you will see him again and get to spend eternity with him. Go ahead and cry...you've just had a huge loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

This afternoon I have another long dental appointment. I just had a bit of a break and I so dread going back. The only way to get done with this is to keep going back until it's done.

The Girls have been crying since Jeff left for work. They don't understand why he doesn't stay home with them to play every day instead of just on weekends.

I'm still not sewing, but I have been looking at some possible new projects on Pinterest. There's a load of inspiration there....I can get lost in it!

I'm off to feed the Girls...then I have a few chores to do and a Chocolate Éclair to make for Jeff's sweet tooth!

Wishing everyone a good Thursday!

aliaslaceygreen
September 19th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Oh, Blondie, I am sorry you didn't get that chance to see him once again.... cherish your memories....Hugs...

GrammaBabs
September 19th, 2013, 10:04 AM
First my condolences... Second,,again, reading your thoughts shows us all just who you are.. and why we love you so much... God gives us special people that make our hearts sing and help us understand WHY we are here... Russ was one of those for you... and YOU are that for us!!! My son , who needed to find a new "life" has come to the conclusion that he's going to try "home health care"..he's lucky enough to have most anytime available.. so next week he begins his first course... he decided this because he's thinking back to how much he loved taking care of my Dad in his later years....and thinks he'd like to give a little back at this time..he's been blessed with a second chance...So Thank you for this post,, reminding me of how precious life really is!! Hugs, B

Lisapc
September 19th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Blondie: I have no doubt that your friendship meant as much to Russel as his friendship meant to you. Cry when you need to and soon there will be less tears of loss and more smiles and laughs remembering all the good times.

Bubby: I am praying everything goes very well today and that you can finish all this soon. My dogs spend every Monday completely depressed no matter what I do with them or for them when the Peter's leave for work and school. Then because they are so depressed that they lay around all day sad that when Lil' Peter and Big Peter come home they are so full of energy again that Monday nights are very physical around here. In the house, rub my belly, outside, throw the ball, in the house scratch my ears, outside wrestle until the deck shakes, inside can I trade you my bone for your supper? They will never understand needing a paycheck for food.

Babs: I am so happy for your son. He will find as many blessings in his work as he will find frustrations.

Good morning and prayers to all!

EsGrandma
September 19th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Blondie, my heart is crying with you. Please take care of yourself. The picture of Russell and you says is all - such special people loving and caring for each other.
Dental work is for the birds - good luck with this and hope that you are done soon!!
Am working on a Falling Leaves quilt and enjoying the beautiful colors of the leaves. Will be meeting with my church quilt group this morning. Love meeting with these ladies weekly and sewing together.
Hugs and prayers to all of my quilty friends.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 19th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Blondie, so very sorry for the loss of your dear friend, Russell. May God's healing peace be with you as you grieve your loss. Prayers for you and his family.

SallyO'Sews
September 19th, 2013, 11:25 AM
So sorry for your loss, my friend. I hope that both your looking back at fond memories and your looking forward to a joyful reunion will give you reasons to smile.
Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

Sandy Navas
September 19th, 2013, 11:39 AM
My dear friend - this is hurting me about as much as it hurts you - anytime someone loses a loved one it comes home to make my heart ache for those who have left holes in my life. RIP dear Russell.

Sending out prayers to all my friends in need.
http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu30/gshervington/Rest-In-Peace.jpg (http://s630.photobucket.com/user/gshervington/media/Rest-In-Peace.jpg.html)

dwil23
September 19th, 2013, 11:54 AM
So sorry to read this, Blondie. You re right - you are never really prepared to lose a loved one, no matter how old or sick, they are.

(((HUGS))))

I'm also asking for prayers for my Sister in law. She had a fifth heart procedure yesterday and it did not work. The doctors are at a loss on what to do next. On top of that, the incision in her groin began to bleed profusely and they are having a hard time getting it to stop. I was supposed to take her home later today, but that may not happen now.

auntiemern
September 19th, 2013, 02:39 PM
My dearest Blondie, my heart is aching for you today. I know Russell was much loved by you, and you, by him. As Donna said, it is never easy, even when it is expected. Cry and grieve in your own way, in your own time. Knowing you will be reunited is wonderful, but it doesn't lessen the pain in the here and now. Love you much my dear friend. Will say an extra special prayer for you today.
Barb (bubby) good luck with yet another marathon dental appointment.
Barb (g'babs) so glad your DS is going to be doing what has touched his heart to do. Bless him.
Donna, I will certainly add your SIL in my prayers.
Hugs and Blessings to all. Prayers for those in need, including those that don't know it.

Madeforyouinma11
September 19th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Blonde, I'm am so sorry for your loss. Losing the people we love is never easy at any age. I hope you can find comfort in all the wonderful memories that you have with him and knowing how much you meant to him as well as how much he meant to you. You and his family will be in my prayers.

Today is laundry and a little house cleaning. Then back to cleaning my sewing room. Didn't get anything done in there yesterday because I had my little Julia here....she is such a joy and never fails to make my heart smile.
Bubby, good luck with today's procedure, I will keep you in my prayers.
Hoping everyone has a wonderful day filled with love, sunshine and many smiles.