PDA

View Full Version : 3 Month Anniversary-Smoke Free

auntiemern
September 19th, 2013, 03:09 AM
It was 3 months ago on the 18th of June when I had my last cigarette. I can't believe it has been that long, and every thing that has happened since then.
I need to lose some of the weight I have gained since then, but not ready to do that quite yet. Every one said I was to thin before so I am going to hang on to some of it. If I could just redistribute it where I want it, I would be quite happy. But oh no, it all lands in the middle of my body. I still have skinny arms and legs (below the knee). For right now though, I am just gonna be happy, that I feel well enough to eat enough to gain so much. I will worry about losing it later.

Evilynn
September 19th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Dear Marilyn,

3 months of not smoking is quite the achievement! You should really be proud of yourself. Don't worry about the weight, really, at least for now. You can deal with that later if you're not feeling comfortable with it. I'm very proud of you because you managed to get rid of those stinky sticks and I hope you will be able to keep away from them. It's very hard. :)

Thinking of you,

Steffie

GuitarGramma
September 19th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Good for you, Marilyn. That takes great strength.

K. McEuen
September 19th, 2013, 03:18 AM
Congrats! It sure doesn't seem like it's been 3 months already.

Iris Girl
September 19th, 2013, 05:32 AM
WOW three months is great!!! Keep up the good work!!! It does not seen like that long. GRATS!!!!

Wwena
September 19th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Good going woowoo!!! That is such an achievement. In happy you are feelingbetter!

Writing this in the air above Sweden :)

HdWench
September 19th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Way to go Marilyn!!! Isn't that they way, never get's added ON where we want it *ggeeze* maybe if we sleep upside down??? hahaha I hope you are celebrating this wonderful victory for you! It's hard to believe 3 months have gone by, great job!

HandsOffItsMine
September 19th, 2013, 07:49 AM
WTG Marilyn!!! Worry about the middle weight later, as you said, you were too skinny to start. :)

Redistributing...I've tried hanging upside down on the monkey bars to have all my fat go to my boobs...looks real good 'till I get off the monkey bars! hehehe

MayinJerset
September 19th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Terrific - keep up the Great Work.

MRoy
September 19th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Woo Hoo! Congrats, Marilyn!

Bubby
September 19th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Marilyn, I'm so thrilled for you! Talk about a HUGE accomplishment. A little extra weight won't hurt you at all. Enormous hugs to you...!!!!

cyndiofthevortex
September 19th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Congratulations! That is wonderful! Keep up the good work!

Slamelung
September 19th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Good job! You will love being smoke free.

GrammaBabs
September 19th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Go Marilyn!!!!!!!!!! Just know that there is one gal out here that is very proud of you.... That was about the most difficult thing I EVER did in my life!!!! For myself...I was a caffine and nicotine addict. (thus the turn to buying fabric and more bread and pasta..LOL).. but as the doctor says,, she'd rather see "overweight" than a smoker..GF.. I was the gal that had "butts" in the bathroom, for if I got up to go in the middle of the night,, needed one to go back to sleep... foot out of the bed.. butt,, then coffee... and on and on...enough of that, you get the point.... As well,,, you are surely saving a few dollars not smoking...!!! Hummmmmmmm,, all sorts of wonderful positive things you can spend on...:) Anywhoooooooooooo,,, keep up the good work and know I'm here saying a prayer for you and cheering you on with the loudest voice of all.....:lol:

asta
September 19th, 2013, 10:00 AM
What a great anniversary--celebrate!!!

pcbatiks
September 19th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Good for you Marilyn...........a major accomplishment for you and your health! :)

Jean Sewing Machine
September 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Congratulations, Marilyn! I am so happy for you! And keep the weight! Not a problem for you at all!

dwil23
September 19th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Congratulations!!!!

ksap
September 19th, 2013, 11:44 AM
You should be very proud of yourself as that is quite an accomplishment. You will be an inspiration to others that want to quit as well, you are proving that it can be done!!!!

SallyO'Sews
September 19th, 2013, 11:54 AM
SEW proud of you!! Great job - keep up the good work!!