PDA

View Full Version : Prayers, Please, for DH & Gr. Dau. & Flood Victims

JCY
September 19th, 2013, 01:05 AM
1) My husb. Glen is having Moh's surgery tomorrow at 10:30 Mtn. time to remove Squamous Cell Carcinoma from his R. ear. The procedure is where they take a thin slice of tissue, examine it under the microscope in the office for cancer cells, and keep removing tissue until they get it all. DH has many medical problems, so this is just one more added to the heap. He's very nervous & anxious about the surgery. Pray all will go well. He could be at the dr's office up to 5 hrs. depending on how long it takes.

2) My gr. dau. is in the hosp. in IL for labor induction. Her baby was due Mon. the 16th. Pray things will progress well & she won't need to have a C-Sec. This is our 1st grt. grand child & her 1st baby.

3) The people of Colorado are hurting. Many have lost their homes & almost everything they own in the flooding over the past week. We were evac'd from our home on Thurs. the 12th when our nearby creek became a raging river. Thankfully, our home was spared. The devastation in Boulder & Larimer Cos. has been overwhelming. The swollen rivers are headed east out on to the Plains, where they are exceeding previous flood stage records. More properties are being damaged. We will be months or years recovering from this flood.

Thanks for your prayers. JCY

auntiemern
September 19th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Prayer for your DH and GD. Squamous cell is what my lung cancer was. Praying they get it all. Never heard of having it removed like that though.

brook
September 19th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Will be praying. I had Moh's surgery done on my nose and it turned out very well. As far as surgery's go, it is a good one to have. It is one that shows little scaring if any (at least for me) Please let us know how it goes.

GuitarGramma
September 19th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Praying for all.

MayinJerset
September 19th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Praying for all. Adding my prayers too. May

bkthomas
September 19th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Oh Dear! You have a lot on your plate!!!! Prayers always......

HandsOffItsMine
September 19th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Prayers and healing light for your DH and GD and a big hug for you!

Huggers, Ruby

HdWench
September 19th, 2013, 08:01 AM
oh I'm so sorry to hear, but it seems IF there is any good news it is the type they can get all of? Prayers for you and DH, and hope your new grand baby comes with Induction instead of the awful C section and Soon! And for all the midwest and DC. Horrible the losses, they need all our prayers too.

MRoy
September 19th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Prayers for your DH and GD. ((((HUGS))))

SallyO'Sews
September 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM
My DIL had two patches of squamous cell carcinomas removed, one from her nose and one from just inside the hairline above her face. Praise God, they got it all. She was only 32 at the time, and now (18 months later) is just fine. Hang in there, JCY! We are praying for you!

JCY
September 19th, 2013, 09:49 PM
I'm still waiting for news on the new grt. grandson. So far, the induction has been working, but no baby yet. DH came through his surgery ok today. The surgeon needed to take only 1 deep slice to get all the cancer. He took a pc. of skin from his neck, near his ear, to graft on to his ear. So he has 2 sites hurting tonight now that the anesthetic has worn off. I doubt if he'll get much sleep tonight. He goes back in a week to have the sutures removed. I'm so glad we didn't have to stay there for several hrs. for repeated slices to be examined. They told us this Moh's procedure is 99% effective. Thanks for all the prayers.

The devastation from the flooding is overwhelming. Estes Park, a mtn. town that depends on tourism, where so many come to visit Rocky Mtn. National Park, was flooded, & 2 canyon hwys. by which one drives to E.P., have been washed out in many places & cannot be repaired for months. It's amazing there wasn't more loss of life. But property damage is extensive all along the Front Range and now out on the Plains. Some people have lost everything.

I took some mental health time today to set up the new sewing machine & do some piecing. When we had to evacuate last week, I moved the Opal upstairs just in case the bsmt. flooded. My current project is a baby quilt. JCY

GuitarGramma
September 19th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Glad to hear your husband's Mohs surgery was brief and successful. That's excellent news.

Hope that great grandson makes himself known soon!

Sandy Navas
September 19th, 2013, 10:42 PM
The prayers are being sent - I cannot fathom the devastation nature causes. Here's to a beautiful grandchild and definitely an easy day for your husband.

ilive2craft2
September 19th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Glad that they got all of it in a short amount of time. Keeping all of you in my prayers. The flooding is just awful - the power of water is just unbelievable.

MayinJerset
September 20th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Prayers that all goes well and they get it all.

JCY
September 20th, 2013, 10:16 AM
My granddaughter's baby boy arrived at 8:15 p.m. (Central time) yest. - 9-19-13 - 8 lb. 6 oz., 21" long. The Pitocin drip worked. No C-Sec. was needed. Mom & baby are fine. Thanks for all your prayers. JCY

JCY
September 22nd, 2013, 12:21 AM
Thanks for all the prayers. Please add my sis-in-law Barb to your list. She just was diagnosed with cancer -- unknown yet whether it's leukemia or lymphoma. Barb is 75, lives in TN & is a Christian. She also has diabetes, parkinson's disease, & early alzheimer's.
:( She had a lot on her plate right now. JCY

Quilted Fantasies
September 22nd, 2013, 02:02 AM
So glad your husband's MOHS surgery went well. My mom has had it more times than we like to count. They have all been successful, she has just had a lot of skin cancers. She is a real advocate for it as a way to remove skin cancers because they can make sure they get it all the day of the surgery.

Genny
September 22nd, 2013, 02:11 AM
Praying for everyone...

Musical_Starling
September 22nd, 2013, 02:15 AM
Prayers from here as well :icon_hug:

easyquilts
September 22nd, 2013, 06:22 AM
Praying for Glen's surgery to go well, and for an uneventful birth for your first great grandchild. Also, I'm remembering Colorado's flood victims..... That whole situation us unbelievable.

God bless..