PDA

View Full Version : Not my best of weeks.....

bubba
September 18th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Monday, I went to the doctor for my normal appointment on my gimpy foot. Physical therapy starts Friday afternoon.

Blood pressure was high.....really high. I left that doctors office and went up to my doctors office and made an appointment, which was for 0700 this morning. Yesterday, while I was at work, I was talking to my husband on the phone and he asked just what the reading was and I told him. This prompted him to take me to the fire station when I got home. It was still quite high, and they told me they would have to call medics to take me to the hospital. We assured them that we would head directly to urgent care, and we did after a brief stop for my husband to grab a book to read.

This was 1530. When we got there, it was still just as high....the head nurse and I had a difference of opinion and I told her I thought she was being rude and did not appreciate it. I was there because I was obviously having a medical problem and I did not need to listen to her snarky comments. They finally called me back and then after seeing the doctor, I got put into a 'monitored bed' and hooked up to all sorts of machines and an EKG. After three pokes trying to get a line in, and two hematomas later, caused by bleeding under the skin where they mis-poked, they got an IV in. Six hours later, they finally let me go home. We ate a quick dinner and I went to bed exhausted!

I was back at 0700 for my scheduled appointment. I think it was supposed to be 15 or 20 minutes, but I know it lasted at least 45. Good news was the BP had not gone any higher than it was last night when I was sent home. Better news was that he is not allowing me to work anything but dayshift 0700 - 1500!!! I am on permanent days, but because of a L&I settlement, they screw with my hours, scheduling me to work 3-11 or double backs to graveyard, and six day weeks every week. I have worked there over 30 years and they want us to work 12 hour shifts, so they are trying to force me to quit, which I won't do because with an unemployed husband, that is our source of medical coverage. Even better, it lasts thru the end of the year!!!!

Every five months we have the relief shift, and for mine, they scheduled me for graveyard! Thank goodness I won't have to do that! I go on vacation the day before Thanksgiving and we will be spending most of it in Hawaii. If that isn't good for my blood pressure, I don't know what is!

Well, I think it's naptime, so off I go. BTW, flu shots are in....don't forget to get yours!

HdWench
September 18th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Oh NO~ How do they help get this down? A relaxing vacation sounds like just the ticket for a slower pace! So sorry you had a snarky nurse grrrrr don't they get we go to the ER for a reason??? blah Thank you for the reminder of the flu shot!!! My gosh last year's flu hit a lot of folks on here pretty hard.

GuitarGramma
September 18th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Sweetie, you take good care of yourself! We love you and want you healthy. I'll pray for you!

pcbatiks
September 18th, 2013, 04:39 PM
So glad you are feeling better and that your BP is down. Good for you that the Dr. said days only at the job! Hope you have a perfectly wonderful Hawaiian vacation!

Miss Sheri
September 18th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Take care of yourself dear, tomorrow will be a better day.