PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so it's Wednesday

Blondie
September 18th, 2013, 06:25 AM

Hello Folksies!

Congrats are in order for making it to Wednesday. What a week so far. I feel the need to stop and catch my breath!
Sorry that I didn't make it in yesterday.

I am not very happy at this moment. I forgot to go to the store yesterday to purchase coffee. don't laugh. When one is used to a cup of full bodied deep colored yumminess and is forced to drink some watered down memory, well, let's just say, I am out the door as soon as I can get some clothes on. I may only run up the road to Sis' house but a true cuppa I must have. When I stay with Mom, I generally BYOC. How did I let myself run out of coffee.

Hmm, let me think of brighter thoughts. Oh yes, I always think of brighter thoughts, days, projects . . . while I have not been able to sit and sew as much as I would like, I have been busy making baby things for my friends and their grands to be. Loads of burb cloths, onesie cupcakes and changing mats. It is very satisfying to make quick projects. Instant gratification. I also like the fact that I don't have to do a lot of thinking and cutting.

Okay, it's been about 20 minutes since I sat down here and folks, my brain is mush. All I can think of is this nasty tasting colored swill that only vaguely smells like coffee. Even folks who don't drink coffee, love the smell of it brewing. I am going to come back later on and check in here. If the Food Lion isn't open, I know that Wal Mart is. And a stop along the way to McD's for a large cuppa.

mamaquilt
September 18th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Hi Blondie,

Feel so sorry you don't feel very well. And it's true a good cuppa will help. So run along, get your cups and just smile.

hugs

Have a nice week

Trish04
September 18th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Blonde, I am so with you! I gotta have my coffee ! Come on over and I 'll fix ya a cup!

Monique
September 18th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Good morning from lancaster,pa. Finally made it here. Our first stop was to Sauders, and yes I bought fabric and lots of it. Today we are going to burkholders, weavers, and intercourse for the afternon. My roommate is still sleeping, I had the worst night sleep, saw the clock at every hour, UGH. Tonight I will take a pill for sure.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

MayinJerset
September 18th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Bummer Blondie not having your regular coffee, hope the one at McD's gets you going. DH is a big coffee drinker and he always checks our coffee supply before we go food shopping, anytime it is on sale he loads up on a few more cans.

Think I'm going back to sleep or at least to lie down. Very tired this am even though I slept many more hours last night than I usually do. Might be because I've been rushing around getting my stuff ready for a retreat on Friday in PA and visit on Sat and Sun with grandkids in MA, whatever extra I did helped me sleep longer. Check back later after I rest some more and then have some coffee. May

Lisapc
September 18th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Blondi: I love my morning coffee but honestly can't do life without tea. I will not go without tea. Twice in 9 yrs I have run out. Even hubby makes sure I don't run out anymore and if I am upset my son always offers me a cup of tea. I love my tea.

Lil' Peter has a 1/2 day today so I am picking him up and we are going to lunch. Then we have a couple of errands to run but if he wants to detour to the bumper boats I might be able to pull that off.

Prayers to all and have a wonderful day!

aliaslaceygreen
September 18th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Amen. Without coffee....
Sad Blondie.

Ginny B
September 18th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Good Morning everyone. Yes, I made it here before after-dinner time. But only for a few minutes. I must be disciplined or I'll never get stuff done before I leave for work. Blondie, I totally understand about the coffee --- that is how it is with my tea. If I don't have a good cup of tea in the morning to start the day, I am not a happy camper. Hope you get a good cup soon.

Another crisp morning here. Had to go hunting for a long sleeved shirt to wear to work. Luckily there were a couple right on top in the bin I put my winter clothes in. Very lightweight so perfect for today.

Ok, I'd better scoot. Going to finish my tea and see what needs my attention this morning. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

ilive2craft2
September 18th, 2013, 08:50 AM
I need my cup of joe too, but usually don't have one till I am on my way to work. Speaking of which, I need to get a move on. Hope everyone has a wonderful day - remember we are on the downhill slide to the weekend! Smile! Hugs and prayers for everyone.

MayinJerset
September 18th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I'm back, rested a bit lying on the couch, just finished my coffee and my get up an go is beginning to wake up.
Really need a cup of coffee in the morning, every once in awhile I feel like tea but not often.

We are also big tea drinkers here. Big pitcher of fresh ice tea every day during the warm weather. Think that is over as it has been quite cold here this week, so now it is a big pot of tea every afternoon. DH reheats the tea in the microwave - yuck. I feel I can be extravagant with tea as it is inexpensive so if I want more tea I make myself another little pot of tea.

Ginny glad you got to say Hello before taking off for work. I'm hoping my long sleeved tops are on the top of my winter basket as I have been rethinking my choices of clothes to take with me this weekend. Glad I have 2 new hoodies to pop over my short sleeved tops in case I don't feel like going through all my winter stuff.

Monique, Sauders is one of my favorites, Zooks is top of my list for lowest prices.

MRoy
September 18th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Good morning! Blondie, I wish I could share my coffee with you. I try to never run out cause I gotta have it in the morning. Yesterday was grocery stock up day here. Other than bread and milk, I hope we're stocked for the month. I've still not finished the quilting on the baby quilt. I've just not been in the mood to sew the past couple of days.

DH's aunt sent me a bag of quilting magazines last night. Lots of beautiful quilt pictures and patterns to drool over. Maybe they will get me back in the mood. Happy Hump Day!

Granny Judy
September 18th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Hope everyone has had their Coffee by now.. I am flying thru on one cup and need a refill. When the weather turns chilly, I really need my cup to get me started. DD made it this morning as she was up early and headed off to work. She was home with a bug yesterday and I had Coffee duty. The Harley man doesn't drink coffee.. so it's just "us women".

I'm on hold with my quilting til my fabric arrives by mail. 2 yards just isn't enough for me to get a good size top (flimsy).. so I ordered 2 more. It's fussy cutting that does me in...!!! I do have some repair work and a top to quilt, but just not able to get inspired enough to work on them. So I did a little card making!!

Whatcha think... I think they need more bling!!!

Beakkmom
September 18th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Blondie, I feel your pain! Have a blessed day, once you obtain some seriously strong coffee. Blessings to all the quilty ladies as we step out of the house and take charge of the day :)

Lin

Precious1
September 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Good morning all, have a wonderful blessed day. And like Blondie always says SMILE!!!

Sandy Navas
September 18th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Hope everyone has had their Coffee by now.. I am flying thru on one cup and need a refill. When the weather turns chilly, I really need my cup to get me started. DD made it this morning as she was up early and headed off to work. She was home with a bug yesterday and I had Coffee duty. The Harley man doesn't drink coffee.. so it's just "us women".

I'm on hold with my quilting til my fabric arrives by mail. 2 yards just isn't enough for me to get a good size top (flimsy).. so I ordered 2 more. It's fussy cutting that does me in...!!! I do have some repair work and a top to quilt, but just not able to get inspired enough to work on them. So I did a little card making!!

Whatcha think... I think they need more bling!!!

I think your cards are special - and you are truly creative with them. BTW thanks for mine - love it!!!!!!

Sandy Navas
September 18th, 2013, 10:17 AM
http://thekchorns.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/cups.jpg (http://thekchorns.com/?m=200806)

Left in Blondie's 'wake' . . . no wonder she moves fast!!

New York Sue
September 18th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I'm not out of coffee, but I am out of milk!
I'm finding vanilla ice cream is a great substitute, though....

CrazyMtnLady
September 18th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Oh Blondie...no coffee... that is a sin in this house! Coffee is one thing we do not run out of. We go to a store chain called Aldi's and we buy about 4 to 6 cans at a time depending on the price. We only go about 2 times a year and buy in case lots.

Woke up to thunder and lightning and rain this morning. Sounded so great. The dogs and I just snuggled down and stayed in bed a little longer. They didn't really want to go out in the rain.

Looks like DH will be a little longer in getting home. His helper had to go back home for a few days, so once again he his all by himself. I am beginning to think he likes being away from me. :(

Hope everyone has a great day.
Hugs and prayers to all.

nyscpa2be
September 18th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Donna - you can actually drink the Aldi's coffee?!?! I can't stand that brand - the flavor is way off, and the aftereffects are, well, awful. At a minimum I go for grocery store brand, but I'm Maxwell House Gourmet Roast as much as possible. I'm on my first cup now.

Public Service Announcement - Don't try to twist a bears paw or maple leaf block. It turns out awful. I'll post a pic later of what the monstrosity looks like. But just don't.

Attempt #3 of my mug rug is today. Fingers crossed please!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 18th, 2013, 10:44 AM
I like my caffeine cold, Diet Dr. Pepper for me! It's a bad day when I'm all out!

Iris Girl
September 18th, 2013, 10:57 AM
My hubby is coffee in the morning , not me I love love my tea. Morning tea with cream no sugar. Tea in the afternoon or evening is usually some herbal tea I have a whole container of flavors..love the Bengal Spice yum!!! Ice tea always when its hot and thats what goes to work with me.

Blondie
September 18th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Wellsir, I did make it to the store to get some coffee and hit up McD's on the way there. With a hey-nonnie-nonnie my brain is now in swing. I think. And oh Sandy girl, there is another mountain of coffee cups I could've smashed this morning looking for at least one coffee bean to sniff!

Miss Sheri
September 18th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Good Morning Friends,
Judy, your cards are darling, I have always enjoyed making cards because it's some little part of me, my persoanality and creativity that I can give away with love to someone else. . . kind of like QUILTS! Today, after work, I get to teach a class of 10 little girls [aged 8-11] to make a couple of cards so they can write letters to their grandparents, it will be fun.
Enjoy the day everyone, listen to the birds, feel the sunshine and gentle autumn breezes [if you can] notice the fall colors, smell the spicey fragrance that lets you know Fall is on its way. Scatter a bit of Sunshine everywhere you go today.
Hugs! ~Sheri

Renate
September 18th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Dear Blondie,

I hope you got some coffee in the meantime and be sure, your coffee stash will be enormous in the next time, because you will be afraid to run out of it again ... always the same, the things we miss most (just like a shock, that we run out of it), we stock a lot .... ask huw much butter is in my fridge ... and now as I write about it and think about it, there must be a big shop anywhere in the past, that I had no fabric .... hahaha ...

Today I visited one of my Favorit customers in "Einsiedeln" a place of pilgrimage in central Switzerland. It is a very traditional village and of course there is a Little fabric store where I found some traditional swiss fabric. Cotton with woven Edelweiss, beautiful. I will make a traditional big schoolhouse quilt out of it for our next year 25th anniversary guild Exhibition.

what else is going on here? a lot of wind, better a lot of storm and rain ... just the right weather for sewing ...

I wish you all a happy wednesday

and dear Blondie, are you sure, you have enough coffee at home?

Madeforyouinma11
September 18th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Morning all!
I don't like running out of coffee either. Doesn't happen very often. We drink coffee all day and at night when I'm reading I like a nice hot cup of chocolate mint oolong tea...yummmm
Getting ready to go pick up Julia for the day so my daughter can shop and clean in peace. I just wanted to kidnap her for the day cause I haven't seen her since Thursday.
Getting a little chilly here...the weather is a beautiful 70 degrees but its cool in the house first thing in the morning. I don't like the cold and it's coming faster than I would like. Well, gotta go, hope everyone has a wonderful day!

alliek
September 18th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I would have mushy brain also if we did not have a good cuppa in the AM. Blondie, especially in this nice cool beautiful sunny weather,or if it rains, or snows, or..... well you get the picture! Oh Monique, you are in one of my favorite places to be anywhere. I still don't know why, nor does my family. Maybe its because I'm surrounded by all those quilts and quilt shops and good food AND I don't have to cook when I'm there. Nice day to walk and to sew after a few chores today and I have to feed my new pansy's I put in. Love to all in the Forum-Thankful for your friendship.:icon_wave:

dwil23
September 18th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Blondie - glad you got your coffee! I'm not quite as bad off as you without it, but it's not fun. My worst time is if I get to work and we are out. Or out of half and half - can't drink it black. Right now, I crave Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin coffee - not the kind from the bag, the real stuff from DD, it's only available Sept - Dec, so I have to get my yearly fix in four months.

I left work early to take my SIL to the hospital for a cardiac ablation this morning. This is an ongoing problem for her - she has had this done before as well as being shocked back into rythym three times. The last time the "fix" only lasted an hour. PLease pray that this will take care of her problem. She is such a dear sweet person and is all alone - she has a DD and DGS in Texas, but that's a long way away. She also introduced me to my newest little nephew - she just got new kitten a couple of days ago. Her cat, Saara, passed away in May from cancer and she finally felt like it was time to bring a new kitty into her life. He is adorable (aren't all kittens, though?).

Everyone have a blessed day - I need to go work on this quilt that has been stalking me for weeks, now. The house is quiet and if I play my cards right, I can get out of my room and shut my kitty helper in.

(Yawn) Think I better go put on a cup of coffee.

Wwena
September 18th, 2013, 01:25 PM
I feel for you! Having endured what the Brits call coffee (sorry dear British friends lol) it was nice to get home to some real coffee - the stronger stuff. Apparantly only Finland beat us Swedes when it comes to consuming coffee - that says a lot of the Fins! Coffee should be strong, to the point where a spoon will scream. And then topped with good milk. Mmm...

HdWench
September 18th, 2013, 02:20 PM
oh dear Blondie! I think Mickey D's would have seen me driving through in my PJ's for a real cuppa coffee!! hahaha SO glad you survived on the imitation! That stuff is just enough to make you think you are tasting coffee, but not good enough to drink! ugh... #1 on grocery list Coffee with 1/2 and 1/2 being #2 ! Stock up so we get to see you bright and cheery as always dear lady!

How fun making quick baby projects! Good luck and I'll have an extra cuppa or two for you