PDA

View Full Version : Not quilting but need your ideas on naming a massage business

quiltingtrish
September 18th, 2013, 12:29 AM
My oldest son is going to open a chair massage business - really big plans. He plans on traveling to business' (evidently it's something that's growing out there). He is looking for a name for the business. He doesn't necessarily want his name in the title but he would consider it. His first name is David. So think relax, stuff like that. It seems the employees get their chair massages done on their break or lunch times. Anyone have any ideas to suggest?

Hugs,

Lisapc
September 18th, 2013, 12:35 AM
We had a chair masseuse come to the office twice a week back in the 90's. It was wonderful. It was also $15 for 15 minutes.

Healing Hands Massage, melting stress away

As you can tell I am really bad at this!

KathyCrofoot
September 18th, 2013, 01:29 AM
I don't have a name just yet, but here's a tag line: "Taking care of your pain in the neck"

bkthomas
September 18th, 2013, 03:58 AM
De-stress with David

Quilted Fantasies
September 18th, 2013, 04:43 AM
No recommendations for names but he needs to google those names he is considering to make sure no one else is using them. Also it needs to be something short and easy to remember.

quiltingtrish
September 18th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Thanks so far! He does know to google the names and to keep it short. But thanks for the advice cause he will probably need all he can get. haha.

Hugs,

Sandy Navas
September 18th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Magic Hands
Hands-On Stress Relief
Touch of David
Stress Reliever
Essential Balance
On-the-Job Stress Relief

Lisapc
September 18th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Magic Hands
Hands-On Stress Relief
Touch of David
Stress Reliever
Essential Balance
On-the-Job Stress Relief

My brain went to the dirty side with "Touch of David". I am not so sure about that one.

Sandy Navas
September 18th, 2013, 10:52 AM
My brain went to the dirty side with "Touch of David". I am not so sure about that one.

Come on, Lisa, it is way too early for that!!!! LOL

Hulamoon
September 18th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Relax on your break with David

I was wondering how this works. Is he going to advertise and make appointments with the business or just a person working there?

Sheena
September 18th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Here's the Rub

quiltingtrish
September 18th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks! I will pass all those over to him.

He knows a gal that opened a chair massage in a Highmark (medical coverage) building. She is booked all day. They come down on their breaks or lunch and mostly take up 2 10 minute time slots. Each minute is $1.00. He also offers full body massage but that wouldn't be done at the place of business. There is another place set up for that.

So he goes to talk to the business owners to see if they will allow him to come in and set up. There are some business' here and there that are doing that now and he is hoping that once the word passes, he will be at the beginning of the trend. He already has some interested and also has other masseuses ready to sign up to help with the massages. He is very excited.

Hugs,

Musical_Starling
September 18th, 2013, 06:16 PM
I'm no good with coming up for names, but does he do house calls? lol

bec
September 18th, 2013, 06:16 PM

Oh...gee...that was my favorite one. :)

bec
September 18th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Okay...I'm not good at this either, but I was trying to think of something different.

Cloud Nine Massage
Simply Relax Massage
Loosen Up Massage
Take a break Massage
Heaven on Earth Massage
"Just Let It Go" Massage

I haven't looked up any of those names, so you need to check it out if any of them appeal to you.

quiltingtrish
September 18th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Dee - he does do house calls as long as it's not his mother!! He says that's creepy even though all I ask for is my shoulders done. He did tell me his friend would give me one though.

I will pass the word that there are clients available in Canada for him.

Hugs,