PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Tuesday!

shermur
September 17th, 2013, 06:23 AM
I have been up since 2 AM...menopause is being somewhat unkind to me and sleep is evading me. and I could be doing constructive chores, but don't want to wake the other members of the household who CAN sleep!

We got a nice shower last night (very needed) and the leaves are starting to fall! when my Am staff dog, Dottie goes running through the leaves, she looks behind her to see what's making the crunchy noise. Kind of humorous!

Today will be rough at work do to only three hours of sleep and I do have to get the house ready for Wednesday evening. My son is coming over for dinner with the girlfriend for us to meet for the first time! I'm not ready!!!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 17th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Good morning! Slept through the Night Owl part of the day! I'll be thrown off the limb of the other owls if I keep up this sleeping thing! Need to get started early on a small costuming job for a fellow costumer. It's boring, so I'm only motivated by not wanting to cause her more stress by not finishing it in a timely manner. Must get it done today!

Have a great day!

pcbatiks
September 17th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Good morning everyone..........woke up way too early this morning............now I'm hungry.........and I see a morning nap on the horizon. Hope you all have a good day today!

Bubby
September 17th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Good Morning..

I slept like a baby last night. I'm feeling more like myself today. I have to make a quick trip to WalMart this morning for a few food items.

I ripped the driver's side mirror off my car Saturday trying to navigate a trick back-up situation. I was trying to miss other vehicles and sideswiped a tree. The tree won and a very expensive new mirror is in my future. Goodbye Daily Deals for a while!

I have another major dental appointment Thursday...dreading it. I need another root canal and some I'm sure he will find something else to do while he's in there.

The DD today is gorgeous! I just got the Vin du Jour charm pack yesterday and would love to have the layer cake and a jellyroll.

Wishing everyone a great day.....

bellasnanny247
September 17th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Perhaps it's the moon??? I too was up a little early today-3:45 am-usual alarm goes off at 4:30-so now am sitting at Panera waiting for car dealership to open at 7:30 so recall work and other sorted electrical issues can be fixed(UUUGGGHHHH). In my next life I will live where I don't need a car for daily trips.
Good luck everyone getting through the day until you can hit the hay tonight.

aliaslaceygreen
September 17th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Good morning all! We are now officially into week two of this bathroom hell, seeing they started last Tuesday and we are looking at it not being finished (their part--I Still have to repaint!!!) till At least Friday. OMG...
So, instead, I will give you this giraffe. Have a great day!

MayinJerset
September 17th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Having a 2nd cup of coffee and then off to do a few chores before going to my sewing room to finish getting my projects ready for this Friday's retreat. Since I'll only be at the retreat on Friday I'm bringing a few small projects like doll quilts and Christmas Stockings to finish. While getting these projects lined up I had to go through my stash and one thing lead to another and I spent way more time than I expected. At least lots of fabrics have been put in their proper places and small leftovers cut into strips for future string quilts. I also have enough squares cut for 2 or more I Spy quilts.

Lisapc
September 17th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Good morning everyone!

Bubby, I am thinking of you. I hope this appointment is uneventful!

Last night I clicked on horoscope for some reason and realized I should have clicked on it yesterday morning. It actually said that it wasn't a matter of there being a wrong side of the bed to get out of because getting out of bed at all was the wrong thing to do. Nothing major happened thankfully it was just one of those days that nothing I looked at, thought about, touched or even was in the presence of worked out. Today is a do over, it just has to be.

Wishing everyone a safe and peaceful day. Prayers to Colorado and DC and all of those affected!

cyndiofthevortex
September 17th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I'm going back to bed. I have a migraine starting and a busy afternoon planned. These things don't go together very well.

Hopefully some meds and more rest will help. See all you guys later!

Miss Sheri
September 17th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Good Morning! Just sending happy thoughts to all my friends before I head to work. I've been offline more than on the past couple of weeks but I have an awesome travel bag and accessories to show for my time away. I will take some pics and post later when I am not in a rush to get ready for work. Love you all, have a beautiful day! ~Sheri

sally
September 17th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Good morning.Not much for sleep for me either. Too much going on and not good. Can't turn off the brain at night so not sleeping...I am glad we had a great holiday but now the real world rears it's ugly head. I am currently off work right now because of the toxic work environment but as a result with way less pay and it looks like an investigation is about to be launched. Just not sure I am up to the fight. My hubby is still dealing with his previous employee over the severance package...going to crt... and right now he is unemployed. Thus life is very stressful right now so I haven't been posting much but I do check in to see how you are all doing. Have a good day everyone.

HdWench
September 17th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Morning all, have I missed Blondie's cheery posting! Was the night owl and did laundry at the campground at 2 am and pinned mug rugs together for their sandwich. Got back to the trailer and DH was UP so he was the sleepless one last night. About 10:30 am now and dishes are done, laundry put up and back reading on here done. Felt productive.

Thinking of your dentist appt today, tell that Dentist to just fix one thing and quit looking for more! So sorry for your pain.

Afternoon nap is in the plans, then maybe a couple jelly roll jam quilts tonight. Have a great day all and hope you sleepless ones can catch a nap too!

nyscpa2be
September 17th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Good morning - and yes, I can still say that - its 11:44 here. Ive been up for an hour, got a load of laundry in, had a cup of coffee and a biscuit, and played around online. Found the binding tutorial I need for my mug rug that I WILL get finished today. And start today - haha. And then I talked to my pastor about why I wasn't in church on Sunday - I know its not a mandatory contact if you miss a Sunday, but I like to let him know. I can't drive yet - I drove once since discharge, but I am so dizzy, shaking, tunnel vision and stuttering, so Im relying on Mom and Dad for rides right now - we are in the country and have no public transport. There is a fix - an alzheimers medication - but my primary appt just got moved to October 4th.

WendyI
September 17th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Morning everyone....busy as usual, sleeping not so great. I have to go for a sleep study tonight...ugh. I wish they would figure out a way to do these things at home so you can be in your own dang bed!

Only 5 weeks until Disney....the countdown is ON. Hope you all have a fantabulous day! xox

ksap
September 17th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Sherri, from your post and all of the replies, it sounds like I am not the only one around here who has trouble sleeping. I keep hearing that it is pretty common among women my age. UGH! I hate it! I don't have a problem falling asleep, just can't seem to stay asleep. It is hard to function the next day after getting so few hours of sleep. Last night was a good night and for that I am so thankful.

I have been cutting all morning for a few different projects. Now I am staring at fabric that I bought for a baby quilt. The lady at the LQS helped me change up a few things from the pattern and now I can't remember which fabric is what. I am driving myself nuts so maybe I should move onto something else for now.

Already hoping everyone sleeps well tonight.

HdWench
September 17th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Morning everyone....busy as usual, sleeping not so great. I have to go for a sleep study tonight...ugh. I wish they would figure out a way to do these things at home so you can be in your own dang bed!

Only 5 weeks until Disney....the countdown is ON. Hope you all have a fantabulous day! xox

Wendy - I had to do sleep studies in March. Yes, they have an "at home" wearing device! But I got stuck doing the 2nd in-house once because the at home device showed my Oxygen level dropped more than once a night. Ask if they have this option and good luck