PDA

View Full Version : I am here and Love my quilty friends

shannonsaulter
September 16th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Hi all..Its me checking in again and good news I used my machine to make 2 mug rugs today...I know its not much but its something..
I have also taken on a new hobby its called my health...I am walking 3-4 days a week at a mile now and hope to start jogging that my goal is a 10k at Disneyland next year Labor Day...

That's my new motto..I am hoping to get in better shape and have more fun whether sewing working or just being out and about!!

TY all for your support...I am going to try and check in every few days and at least once a week....(((HUGS)))

Jean Sewing Machine
September 16th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Awesome Shannon! I find when I'm stuck with getting projects done, doing a small project that can be finished quickly gets me going again. And your focus on your health is so important! Keep at it!

Sew Perfect
September 16th, 2013, 07:53 PM
I am so glad to read you are well and working on getting healthier. Training huh? That's awesome! I admire what you're doing. Keep it up and try not to give up other fine things in your life, like the sewing. Thinking of you often, Shannon.

Lisapc
September 16th, 2013, 08:00 PM
You are doing amazing and putting me to shame. Every week I tell myself I will start next week. Keep us posted please?

ilive2craft2
September 16th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Sometimes it just takes walking into the room and moving things around to "get back in the saddle again". I know life has been crazy for me lately, so most of my sewing is actually just reading the forum and getting inspiration and ordering more fabric. Hope to get back in there tonight. :)

Glad that you are setting realistic goals for your health - if they are realistic, then they are so much more attainable. We all tend to set unreachable goals and then be so disappointed when we can't meet them. Keep up the walking, it is so good for you in so many ways. I really miss it when I don't get out for at least a 15 minute walk each day.

Precious1
September 16th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Shannon, its good to hear your progress. I'm really happy for you completing the mug rugs. I still haven't started mine, so you are way ahead and motivated, lol.
I am also with you on the health hobby thing. I was having a very strong discussion with my DH about how I'm so busy taking care of everyone and have neglected myself. I told him I'm at an age where I'm at a fork road, I can either start taking care of me and being healthier and exercising or not and take prescription meds. Like you, I've also started walking and will soon start including water aerobics and Zumba.
I want you to know that I am printing the picture you posted to help me stay motivated. I will also think of you and send a quick positive thought and prayer every time I am exercising. Stay strong and keep on keeping on. God bless

Lonna
September 16th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Great job Shannon! I know I started watching what I have been eating the past week or so. I have signed up on My Fitness Pal awhile back. Yesterday morning I started my own group there to help keep me on track. Since yesterday morning I have had about 31 people join me so it looks like I have to stick with it now. Good luck with your journey!

New York Sue
September 16th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Good for you, chica! Anything is possible, if you set your mind.
My sister-in-law was NEVER athletic. But when she turned 55, she started running. (For awhile, she was a closet runner. Didn't share it with anybody but her husband...)
Two years ago, she completed the NYC marathon. She was scheduled to run last year, but it was cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy. This year she's slated to run again.
If someone would have forecasted this 10 years ago, I would have laughed myself silly!!
Dang if she didn't DO IT!!.....
YOU GO, GIRL!!

sassyquilter
September 16th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Nice to hear from you! Keep up the good work. Maybe it will rub off on me:)

Sandy Navas
September 16th, 2013, 10:05 PM
May I be part of your cheer-leading squad?
http://scifundchallenge.org/wp-content/blogs.dir/28/files/2012/05/You-Go-Girl.jpg (http://scifundchallenge.org/blog/2012/05/23/homestretch-of-scifund/)

I am so excited and so pulling for you. I'm proud of ALL your accomplishments, knowing how difficult your battles have been.

Many hugs to you!

pcbatiks
September 16th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Way to go Shannon........that's great to hear! You should get a fitbit.........small gadget you wear to keep track of steps, miles...... It syncs with your computer to log your progress. Love the motto that you posted.......maybe it will help get me moving too! Congrats and good luck!

bkthomas
September 17th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Shannon, you are an inspiration!!!

HdWench
September 17th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Way to Go Shannon!!! I am so very proud of what you have already accomplished!!! Don't forget all the hard battles you fought, and overcame! You know we are all cheering you on into a healthy life because we need you in ours too dear lady ((((Shannon))) I know you can do this, you are a very determined woman and glad to call you my friend. Yes, please keep us updated!!!

cyndiofthevortex
September 17th, 2013, 01:48 AM
You are an inspiration to me, Shannon. I'd like to join you in becoming physically healthier. It must help in all areas of your life to exercise. Time to get off my butt and start walking, and not just to the cupboard to snag a donut!

So nice to see you again, friend. I hope you'll pop in often from now on.

Granny Judy
September 17th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Cheering for you!!! I did a little walk today since my bike needs some repair work. Didn't realize I was getting so out of shape, Sooo Yes!! It is hard to do... I am rooting for you!!!

Hulamoon
September 17th, 2013, 02:09 AM
That's so great! I started walking today. It was a little slow so I don't think I could get to jogging speed, but you never know. Do you have a link for that Disney run?

I'll walk with you every morning:)