PDA

View Full Version : I'm a dreamer!

Coppertopquilter
September 16th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Ok, since there were many responses to the quilt shop question, I thought I would ask another! Has anyone thrown around the idea of designing fabric???

Jean Sewing Machine
September 16th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Hey, Dreamer! Keep dreaming and someday your dreams will come true! My dreams are very similar to yours, still churning in my mind at this point!

Hulamoon
September 16th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I'm a big fan of project Runway and they have those computers where you can design on. Some of the fabric designs are so cool. You can go to Spoon Flower to get your designs made too. I'm more of a crafter than artist, even though I studied art. lol

LynneLeavell
September 16th, 2013, 11:11 AM
You can design your own fabric. Go on Spoonflower.com and that will tell you how to do it. I have thought about doing with some of my moms old receipes but haven't done it yet.

slamb13
September 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Spoonflower is located in Durham, not terribly far from me. The local modern quilt guild meets there and I keep meaning to try to get to a meeting to check it out, but I haven't made it yet. I have heard great things about Spoonflower though, give it a try and let us know how it goes!!

Susan

Sheena
September 16th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Yes, I designed my own fabric. I screen printed it using an old shirt for the screen fabric and my (ex) husband made the wooden frame. I made a length of fabric and printed some t shirts. Great fun. It was pixies and mushrooms. Well, it was in the early 70's!

Lisapc
September 16th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I gave it a brief thought when Connecting Threads was having a fabric designing contest. I am just not that talented but I love the idea of spoonflower for making fabric out of my kids drawings.