PDA

View Full Version : Monday Greetings

Blondie
September 16th, 2013, 06:46 AM

Good Morning Folksies and Happy Monday

A busy weekend for me and a busy week is on the agenda. This morning the temps are feeling wonderful; the windows are open, the air is clear, Gracie is on my lap, I have a strong cuppa of good joe - it doesn't get any better than this for a Monday morning!

I sewed a little bit yesterday morning early - a friend of mine is having her first grand in November, so I am busy making burp cloths, changing mats and onesie cupcakes. It is sew much fun. I have a little quilt in the works. Just hand stitching on it in the evenings.

As with the rest of America, I am praying for Colorado. I am aghast at the sudden devastation. This has been a rough weather ride here in the States in the past year. My prayers are with all affected by this flooding.

Look around, find something to be thankful for, smile about or hug. I think I shall do all three this morning.

Blessings, hugs, prayers and SMILES

dwil23
September 16th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Good morning!

There is a hint of fall in the air here this morning, too. I'm loving all the fall things I see in the stores - pumpkin everything! My favorite time of year. The only problem is it means that that "other season" is just around the corner. You know, the one that I still haven't caught up from last year.

Everyone have a blessed day - stay safe, especially those in Colorado. My prayers are with you all.

Monique
September 16th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Good morning dear friends. A very cool morning here. ONE more sleep to go. I am pretty well packed and will do the last minute stuff today. I am packing light on clothes and bringing an empty suitcase. Just a small one. I have been checking on some prices of stuff from my list. Interfacing for one. I have a 50% coupon from Joann's, actually I printed three. I can buy the whole bolt for half price. By the way, the 50% coupon is good until the end of October, get it here:

Display Coupon (http://www.joann.com/displaycoupon?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=coupon+sitelinks&utm_campaign=Brand&mkwid&pcrid&002=2365735&006=19392678963&007=Search&008=&012=joanns&010=CouponBrand&gclid=CIf7ievZz7kCFctAMgodrkIAHA)

Have a great day everyone.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 16th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Good morning! I slept long and hard after a very busy weekend! Had the grandkids both days, but my sis and her hubby were in town for a short visit. We tried to make the most of very minute! That meant we were on the go for every waking moment! We went to a community festival on Saturday. My BIL's sister organizes the " folk life" portion, which is a very large collection of reaenactors, vendors, who demonstrate primitive crafts and sell the products made. Lots of vintage muzzle loaded rifle shots throught the day, just to keep you on your toes and keep the heart pumping! My grandson was keenly interested in this, his sister not so much! But they had other vendors, and more than one sold sparkly, sequiny things, so she found something to suit her!

Then yesterday, we explored a park on the Missouri River that was an encampmnt for Lewis and Clark at the beginning and end of their Discovery Expedition. It is high on a hill, ( I mean, REALLY HIGH,) overlooking the river. In the 30's, the WPA built the most amazing stone garden on the hill, so you could take steps down to the river's edge. STEPS, LOTS OF STEPS! Great exercise, I need to go out there every week to get into shape! My calves sure feel it today!

Hope you all have a great day!

dizzyLiz
September 16th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Good morning all. This week has to be better then last. I was sick with a kidney infection. Missed 2 days of work. But this week will be wonderful. Exciting things happening here. Wednesday I go to Atlanta for the Georgia Quilt show. I'm staying for all 3 days, taking some classes and I will get to meet Jenny and the girls. I will work next week, then on the 27th, I leave for Myrtle beach for 5 days, then will have 5 days at home. I NEED this time off so badly. I haven't taken any vacation time this year. This way, I get the vacation and some time to catch up on home stuff. We are replacing all the floors in the downstairs with hardwood. DH is fearful all the construction dust will trigger my asthma, hence a girls trip.
Enjoy your week!!!

toggpine
September 16th, 2013, 07:52 AM
It's 3:50AM and I woke up about 20 minutes ago and can't get back to sleep. I'll poke around here for a bit and then try it again, or it will be a very long day.

Have a great one!
Cathy

toggpine
September 16th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Good morning all. This week has to be better then last. I was sick with a kidney infection. Missed 2 days of work. But this week will be wonderful. Exciting things happening here. Wednesday I go to Atlanta for the Georgia Quilt show. I'm staying for all 3 days, taking some classes and I will get to meet Jenny and the girls. I will work next week, then on the 27th, I leave for Myrtle beach for 5 days, then will have 5 days at home. I NEED this time off so badly. I haven't taken any vacation time this year. This way, I get the vacation and some time to catch up on home stuff. We are replacing all the floors in the downstairs with hardwood. DH is fearful all the construction dust will trigger my asthma, hence a girls trip.
Enjoy your week!!!

How nice of your hubby to send you out while the construction is going on!

pcbatiks
September 16th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Enjoy your week!!!

Hope you have a great time at the quilt show & on your vacation........sounds like a lot of fun!

Granny Judy
September 16th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Greetings, everyone. My body isn't sure about the time of day.. we've been running on too little sleep AND there is NO reason for it. I just can't stop the Ipod and reading new books. (Well---It reads to me) I finally finished up the series on Ice and Fire.. Game of thrones. I don't recommend it.. It was way to involved for me and I lost track of the plot/s way too easy and had to rewind a lot.

After the 6th book, Nothing has been resolved and it could go on for another 6..... Why did I continue reading, you might ask. Well it was FREE and I heard all the hype on tv about that series. Curiosity got the best of me and I had to know why it was so popular.. way over my head again.

I am so happy that trips are being taken, sewing fun is happening, and our prayers are going out to all the quilt friends in Co. Jean, I had that same "exercise" idea by going to our riverside park and museum. Wow, It sure lets you know your age.. doesn't it. And Babies are such fun to sew for. Go, Blondie!!

Have my Wellness Physical today.. I'm sure I'll get another pat on the back and prescriptions refilled. Then they will stick me with the needle for blood work. I have a thyroid condition and will be on the Pill for the rest of my life. But it could be worse so I don't complain.

Again prayers and hugs going out to all.

Bubby
September 16th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Good Morning,

We woke up early to thunderstorms and had to make a mad dash to unplug everything important to us. The movement in the house woke up the Girls so it turned out to be a very early morning for me.

We worked hard all weekend. We got tons done in the yard...the water and electrical lines are covered up nice and pretty and we dug a deep hole to connect the new water to our existing line. We also cut down two trees and cut them up. Yesterday we mowed for a few hours and then relaxed the rest of the day.

I have another dental appointment Thursday that I need to get psyched up for. Other than that, I'm really praying for the people in Colorado who are living their worst nightmare. I can't imagine dealing with that. I hate turning the news on lately, killing, protests and bloodshed around the world.

I have two hungry Scottie girls who are demanding their breakfast. I'm off for now...

Blessings All Around.

MRoy
September 16th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Good morning! I was up at 4, but went back to sleep until almost 7. DH and I went to a couple of flea markets yesterday. They are so commercial now, it's almost like going to the mall. DH found some bargain tools, I didn't find anything interesting. Jake has an appointment with the vet this afternoon to get his shots. Other than that trip and figuring out what to cook for supper, I have no plans.

Prayers for all those affected by the flooding and all those who need help or comfort of any sort.

Lisapc
September 16th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Good Morning!

My Peter's usually never bother me when I am sewing. To the point where I get upset because all of a sudden I will be dizzy and nauseous because it is hours past dinner time and they are starving and never told me they were getting hungry. Yesterday was different, they would not leave me alone for more than 20 minutes at a time. So today they are back to school and work and I have errands. My bed is calling me for a nap already but I have too much to do. If I can avoid the couch for day and night I might make a dent. I will rest this afternoon before the boy gets off the bus and my evening shift begins. I am blessed to be able to do that when so many of us are even more busy than I am.

What is happening in Colorado is frightening and I am praying for all of those affected. Special thoughts and prayers for musical_starling and Renate this morning. They are fine but everyone needs a little heavenly support now and then.

I wish everyone a fun and not too crazy Monday!

MayinJerset
September 16th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Looks like rain might be here soon as it is cold, clammy and dark out this morning. Lawns could use the rain but after seeing and reading about what is happening in Colorado the thought of rain isn't too welcomed.

Such busy people with visitors, gardening and traveling = love to hear what everyone is doing and planning. We had a quiet weekend, I began getting my 'stuff' ready for upcoming weekend, retreat on Friday and DGSon's Bday on Sat. DH and I might take a day or so getting home by stopping at some of our favorite spots along the trip from MA back to Jersey. Jean, not stopping at any hill garden with tons of steps to climb = DH and I gave that up a few years ago as our legs couldn't hack it any longer. Still glad we did enjoy exploring and traveling for so many years. Speaking of trips, DS#3 who is staying with us right now went to Dallas for the weekend. How come I was concerned about his traveling and returning? He is almost 48 but I guess when you are staying at your Mom's she has to worry about you as if you were still a teenager. Of course I didn't tell him any of this and he was good about calling when he arrived in TX and again when he got to airport in PA.

Monique - Only 1 more Sleep until your trip, excited for you and bring those suitcases back filled with quilty goodies. Just in case - I'll be at Piece by Piece Quilt Shop in Ephrata on Friday afternoon, back in the big workshop sewing away at my Retreat so come and say Hello is it happens it is a stop on your bus trip.

Sending along a Hug to whoever needs one today. 56037

aliaslaceygreen
September 16th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Good morning! Laylabug still asleep, bathroom workers still not here... Aiming to be at the zoo by 1pm for hand-off to her mommy and at this rate, we may barely make it! Have to get her up and out of here pretty shortly after workers arrive, but I cant even get dressed as she sleeps in our room and the only functioning bathroom is in there too! So, I sit and I read and play with the kitties...
(Cleaning house JUST BEFORE sheet-rocking seems like folly). Have a great day!

cyndiofthevortex
September 16th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Good morning, everyone. There sure is a lot happening in our little world and in the world at large. We could pray all day and not get it all covered. Good thing the Lord knows where to send our prayers when we don't even know. That is comforting to me.

I just finished a stint as Super-Grammie. I offered to babysit the three boys while their parents slept in. Maybe I'm really Super-Mom. Now it's time for a little me time. I'm going to play a little while with my batik nine-patch blocks. I love batiks. They make me happy. They even make me smile, and that's a good thing, isn't it?

alliek
September 16th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Blondie - The weather is berserk here in the US (and I gather elsewhere also). Prayers for all who live in Boulder and surrounding areas, just devastating to lose your home, especially with winter coming. Prayers for this world, we need to pray up the "leaders" of this earth. Thankful every day for my life which I manage to complain about anyway, over stupid things. I hate that about me! I have two more "chores" to do, (well lots more, but there not getting done) then I sew! Tell your family and friends you love them today and give them a big hug even if you don't feel like it.

CrazyMtnLady
September 16th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Good morning everyone. Finally we have some cooler weather but it is raining. I don't mind the rain though. I have been working away outside cutting down weeds and burning them and cleaning the yard up. So the rain is welcome to keep me inside to rest for a day or two.
I have been cleaning inside this morning though.
There are so many that need our prayers today. Those in the floods of Colorado, the shooting in Washington, DC and the volcano in Indonesia. Plus so many other things going on throughout the world.

God bless you all.
Hugs and prayers.

Cathy F
September 16th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Morning all,

It's really almost noon but just putting myself together. I've been under the weather since Friday night with a bout of diviticulitis, not fun but finally feeling a little better. The antibiotics are kicking in so hopefully the pain will subside and I'll be back to my old happy self in a few more days. Have been trying to work on my SS gifts and get caught up, almost there.

Wishing everyone a good day, and hugs to all that could use a few extra today!

sally
September 16th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Good lunch time to you. Sorry I have been remiss in my posts. Too much going on and not good. I am glad we had a great holiday but now the real world rears it's ugly head. Thank God for my quilting...keeps me sane. I am currently off work right now because of the toxic work environment I spoke of earlier but as a result with way less pay and it looks like an investigation is about to be launched. Just not sure I am up to the fight. My hubby is still dealing with his previous employee over the severance package...going to crt... and right now he is unemployed. Thus life is very stressful right now...so much so I am hiding in my sewing room and watching old tv shows. Anyhow sorry I haven't been here much...staying away from the computer of late.

Take care everyone. Will check in again soon.
Shauna

Ginny B
September 16th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Well, good evening everyone. I'm not quite a Night Owl and not an early bird either. Well, I am actually an early bird (am up early even on weekends) but if I got onto the computer after dh leaves for work, I will get nothing done before I have to leave for work so I try to stay off until after dinner and clean up is done in the evening.

Today was a pretty good day at work all things considered. I was alone with the big boss today (her admin had to put her cat to sleep :( so she didn't come in) and she actually said "Good job today" when I was leaving. Sure is better than the yelling and screaming. But, with all the other terrible news in the world/ country, I will not complain. Somehow I have missed the news about the Indonesian volcano.

Monique, have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear all about it. Blondie, it is so much fun to make baby things isn't it! I have lots to make. I know of 4 couples having babies between November and March plus one girl at work who left on Friday so I made a small flannel receiving blanket for her. So, I guess I'd better get going and get some sewing done tonight.

Have a wonderful evening everyone and a good Tuesday morning. I'll check in tomorrow after dinner.