PDA

View Full Version : A tiny piece of my night

cyndiofthevortex
September 16th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Hi Night Owls! I had a sweet moment at bedtime. Two of my DGSs came and snuggled with me. For an hour we told stories, played with Grandpa's reading light under the covers and played "why is my bed so lumpy." We ended with ice cream in tomato soup mugs. While Jon dared every spoonful of chocolate ice cream to drip on my quilt, he said quietly, "This is fun."

For me, this is what life's all about.

pcbatiks
September 16th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Hi Cyndi..........these are great memories you are making with the grandkids. My son enjoyed telling and being told stories when he was little........the more adventurous the better! We started reading to him every night even before he was a year old.......great memories!

I worked on my SS projects some and washed a bunch of clothes today........then fell asleep on the couch earlier.........that is why I'm here now! :)

cyndiofthevortex
September 16th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Well, I am off to bed again. I hope I won't be up to check on all of you until morning. But I never know. Is this one of those nights I can go back to sleep after waking up or will I be up reading for an hour or two? I do have some good books to choose from and I have a very lovey kitty here to keep me company. I do have some toaster waffles in the freezer, which can be as good as donuts toasted nice and crispy covered with butter with a cold glass of milk. Anyone want to join me?

MayinJerset
September 16th, 2013, 03:08 AM
I'll join you Cyndi but with a cranberry muffin, finished the last 2 pieces of frozen waffles last night. I had my first sleep, around 10pm to 2pm and am up for the next few hours. No little grandkids to snuggle up with any longer, youngest turns 13 next week and he is about 5 ' 9" so kind of difficult to squish under the covers with while reading him a story, LOL!

Off to collect DH's late night cereal bowl and DS's ice tea glass and put them in dishwasher and go over the kitchen floor, then some TV and finally, I hope, sleep segment #2.

kensington
September 16th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Two of my grandkids peeked around the corner and made my day today too! One played hide and seek with his mom and we laughed and laughed. The other one wanted to crawl up in my bed and watch Pocahontas... she told her momma, "Nana has the biggest bed in the whole world"... LOL.

dwil23
September 16th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Sweet stories! Hope I can be a bit of a "day owl" today and work on quilting my sailboat quilt. I have to get it done, and other things keep getting in the way. I have several tops I made for Christmas gifts last year and then we started working seven days a week and I didn't get them quilted. I can't believe it is mid-September and I still haven't done them I must get those done quickly, too, as well as one that never got started. That will take me the rest of this year, I'm afraid. I made a DSLC top for my DD's birthday, which is October 31st, out of Moda Pumpkin Party. It turned out so cute and when I laid it out on my bed to look at it, decided to add a larger border and it will make a bed size quilt for her. It may not be done for her birthday, but she will be okay with that.

I hope everyone has a good night - either restful or productive, whichever works for you...

Mchelem
September 16th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Awww, y'all make me want grandkids.

My daughter was married to a guy who has a little boy, so we got to be Mimzi and Pop for 2 years. They divorced and sadly, we haven't got to see him for over a year. His birthday was last week and he turned 4. When my daughter was driving and they would near the exit to come to my house, he would get excited and start telling her "mimzi!!!" I wonder if he still does that when his dad drives down the highway and passes our exit??

HdWench
September 16th, 2013, 05:52 AM
oh love to hear about the grandkid adventures! We had 2 of ours for a while last night and turned on QBoe? some cartoon network only they were showing some Renaissance Faire story - the kids giggled and said HEY mom and dad took us there today to see Pappa Yarry!! the fell asleep on the floor cushions with the fireplace going... then my cats came out of hiding finally it was quiet Good to see them though not very often.

Happy Night to all you owls - almost 4 am and my machine's been humming... taking a break to play a quick game of Bingo, read here then back at it - or maybe over to the KOA laundry mat since no-one else will be up :D

Lisapc
September 16th, 2013, 10:01 AM
I was in bed at 1:30 this morning so missed the activity. Cyndi you are right, simple moments with the kids and grand kids are what makes every moment not so special worth it.

easyquilts
September 16th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Oh yeah..... Perfect.... And I agree.... This is what life is all about!

Lindagie
September 16th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I was also asleep by 12:15 as I couldn't stay awake another minute. I love the grandkid stories; gotta love those little ones. They grow up way too fast! Woke up early this morning and have done nothing but take the dog out. She and DH are now sleeping, so guess I better get something done; well AFTER I get some coffee, as it is already 9:30 a.m..