PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you multi-craft?

lhayes1976
March 19th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I love to scrapbook too, but it seems I can't do more than one craft at a time. The problem is my "mess". I am a total slob when I do anything, so I do not dare get two messes going at once. Right now I'm itching to get some scrapping done, but I want to quilt too--I really need to get organized.

Loonwatcher
March 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I do a few different crafts but seem to one do one at a time. Last year I was really into knit felting and made several items (purses, hats, head bands) that i sold at a local boutique. This year I'm re-learning sewing and trying to learn to quilt. That's my current passion. At other times I've done stencilling (mostly gifts but some paid-for jobs on walls, etc.) And last year I also got into digital scrapbooking which I will continue with. Oh, Oh... another idea....scrapbook my quilt projects!

tamsterg7
March 19th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I feel your pain! I am the queen of messy when I am doing crafts - machine embroidery, quilting, scrapbooking and whatever else I find that strikes my fancy. But, I can only take the mess for so long and then I have to stop and do a good cleaning. Right now I am doing every other week - scrapbook then quilt/sew. I promised my kids I would get their baby books back together (2 yrs ago) and I have a goal to get that done by Christmas!

kelandspence
March 19th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I'm feeling like I have ADD ! I go from one project to the next ! I have been quilting for a few years now and it is my #1 hobby but I also love to crochet....I have a bag of baby hats that I made last year ... After I get my fall and christmas quilts pieced, I'm going to work on my hand quilting... I love hand work !!

Kelley

sewsoft
March 19th, 2011, 09:39 PM
My all time go to hobby is sewing which my Mom taught me 30 years ago and I stuck with it , it is very relaxing and calming for me. I also love Scrapbooking/ Card making and collecting vintage pictures I inherited from my Grandmother as she finds them she gives them to me. I did not want to take them but she told me if anything ever happened to her , her 10 kids would fight over them and I would never get them. She wanted me to take them because she knew I would take care of them. What a treasure it has been to gain pictures of my grandmother at the age of 10 and her siblings. I also have pictures of my Mom at the age of 9 and I look just like her at the same age. I also love photography along with my new found love of Quilting. I have also learned to make jewelry and knit and Crochet a little and Spin yarn. Lol... I'm a busy Momma.

LynneLeavell
March 19th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I do crocheting, crosstitching, quilting and sewing. I find myself doing more sewing and quilting than I do anything else. I started crosstitching a Christmas stocking for my second grandchild and hopefully he will have it by this Christmas which will be his third Christmas. Then I have to do one for my third grandchild that will be here in April. Guess I need to get busy because I am at least 4 quilts behind as well. Oh well it will get done. Oh yea and at some point before my first Grandsons birthday in April I need to clean house, my dear husband has volunteered our house for his party. Does he not know that quilters don't have time to clean.

Lynne

Sandy Navas
March 19th, 2011, 10:29 PM
My main squeeze and I have a woodworking shop and I do turning, scrollsaw work, pyrography and some carving. Three years ago I had to have my knees replaced and couldn't do the walk to the shop easily and being on my feet to work in the shop became a real chore so I started sewing again, bought a HV Designer Diamond embroidery machine, have graduated into quilting . . . making bags, and other sewing type thingies. Also do some scrapbooking but not truly as active as I'd like to be. Love making wild and crazy dolls but don't have many under my belt. Used to spend time cooking until the waistline grew. . . Whenever I start something I jump in feet first until it gets up to my bottom lip and then I take a deep breath and usually wind up trying something else. Anyone want to buy a piano?

newbiequilter
March 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Thanks, but no thanks on the piano. Just thinking about the odd woman who gave me lessons sends chills up my spine!

I crochet more than I quilt, can knit but rarely do it because crochet is faster. Used to cross stitch but when I started needing glasses I couldn't see clearly enough. Of course that was 20 years ago. Play games on the computer, is that a hobby? Gardening some although the deer take a lot of the pleasure out of it.

debi weaver
March 19th, 2011, 10:57 PM
This was so interesting and yes, I am a multi-crafter! I care for an elderly Dad - and have hand stitching for hours of waiting in doctors' offices or sitting by his bedside during hospital visits. I keep a little carrying case packed and ready to grab in a moment. I have 3 adorable grand daughters who love crafts - so we scrap book, do card making, and rubber stamping, embossing and painting paper crafts. I used to make dresses for the 3 girls in my family and that now extends to the grand daughters. I tried china painting last year, and although it was fun and easy, it was expensive. At the same time last year, I also started quilting. One craft had to go, because of $$, so I went with my first love - sewing! I really enjoy the piecing part of quilt making.
The mess is another story. Cleaning and organizing should be considered a craft, too. Don't you think? It takes so much valuable time, but most of my stuff is in carrying cases and displayed while I'm working on it. Living this year in "multi-family quarters keeps me organized, so there is time for fun, too! I also love to BLOG...so is that a craft, too? Debi :)
paper crafts blog: http://www.maggidoodles.blogspot.com/
fabric crafts blog: http://debi-peacebypiece.blogspot.com/

bakermom
March 19th, 2011, 11:32 PM
well sewing/quilting is my main thing but I also crochet, knit and smock.

Blondie
March 20th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I always seem to have my fingers in something. I was raised to not have idle hands.
I crochet, knit, do some decorative painting, make dolls, find objects to "repurpose", of course I sew, stitch and quilt. I love gardening and this time of year sees me doing much more outdoors than indoors, naturally. Quilting takes a backseat and so does the computer. I just love being outside. This year our yard work is doubled again because of the folk's yard. We were surveying our work down the hill yesterday. I am trying to figure out what days I will be home in my yard and which days are good to be at Mom;s. Most of you know that I look after my Mom and like Debi, always have a bag ready for handstitching.
I also enjoy some facebook games occasionally but that is generally in the middle of the night when I can't sleep.

mamaquilt
March 21st, 2011, 07:04 AM
I'm a multi crafter too; with one or two hands. Right now I cross stitch some guest towels, with my broken right hand. I consider that a therapy as my doc told me to move my wrist as much as possible. Then I weave (have about 5 different sized looms). Last winter I tried felting, did some hats and purses. I Also like to knit, crochet or do makramee. When our children were small I sewed their clothes until they went to school and I went back to work.
During spring and summer another craft I really like is gardening; but I guess not so much this year,as that involves lifting weight.

institches64
March 21st, 2011, 07:15 AM
HI- I also do machine embroidery and baking. Used to paint for years but haven't picked up a brush in a long time. We have a small shop for the embroidery stuff on Etsy. Would actually love my own bakery!