PDA

View Full Version : I am not the night owl but the EARLY BIRD!

Monique
September 15th, 2013, 08:21 AM

Good Sunday morning friends. I am the only one up of course and have been for a while. Quite a day yesterday, 46 jars of salsa and 11 of canned tomatoes made with Greg. You know, makes a momma proud to share such a day with my son. We are so fortunate that both our sons enjoy coming home and spending time with us. I think today we will try and bathe Jersey. That could be a challenge. LOL!! Then sometime today I will start packing for my trip. Two more sleeps to go.

On that note, I say to you all, have a wonderful day and SMILE

MRoy
September 15th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Good morning Monique! I've been up awhile watching a movie this morning. We went to a pig roast/bluegrass pickin' last night. Lots of food, music and fun with family, friends and neighbors. Today will be quiet. I'm machine quilting a baby quilt and may finish that today...just simple outline quilting, no FMQ. I need to dive into FMQ more someday.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 15th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Good morning, folksies! We had a very busy day yesterday. The grandkids were with me, and my sis and hubs are in town. His sister organizes a big community festival each year, her part is called folk life, which includes re-enactors, authentic folk craftware, most proprietors in authentic costume. We went to it for a number of hours. My grandson, age 9, realky got into the folk crafts and enjoyed it. They are arriving right now for another fun day!

Ginny B
September 15th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Good morning. Another beautiful morning here. Love the coolness in the air. We had a really nice day yesterday. Got our mums from the nursery and we will plant them today. Straightened up the spare bedroom upstairs (which has turned into partly my craft storage room, lol). We will be cat-sitting my step-daughters cat in a couple weekends and there was just too much stuff around for him to get into in there so I put everything back into it's proper place. I got to work a bit in my sewing room too and cleaned up "stuff". It is amazing to me how messy I am when I am working on things. So, it's ready for me to get back in there today and mess it up again. :icon_heh: Last night we had a great dinner with friends. And I slept great after all of that.

Now I am ready for another wonderful weekend day. I love weekends! We will head up to the farm market and get our fruit and veggies for the week and then dh will do the rest of the grocery shopping while I head up to the sewing room for a bit. When he is done with that, we will plant the mums and then he said he will be making chicken marsala for dinner, so I don't have to cook today either. I love weekends!! (did I say that already?, lol) We will watch some football in there too.

Monique, wow, 42 jars of salsa! I haven't done any canning yet this year and last year we didn't do any because our kitchen was ripped apart at the time. I have frozen some of the green beans we get from the farm market but I need to get some of them canned. Freezing is faster for sure but if I only freeze stuff, if we lose power, I lose it all so I need to get the canning going.

Have a terrific day everyone.

MayinJerset
September 15th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I've been awake for awhile but too lazy to get up, so I waited for DH to make coffee. He gets up hungry so coffee is always going while he eats his breakfast. Usually it's just a bowl of cereal but Sunday's it is eggs or pancakes. I don't like to eat a big breakfast so some toast is fine for me. Now if someone provided donuts at last night's Night Owl session I would have a nice donut for breakfast but no she (Cyndi) didn't bring any donuts to our meeting. I guess that's OK because she was busy holding a contest and someone will win a nice quilting book.

Such lovely cool Fall weather the past few days, really need a long sleeve top this morning. Great weather to air out the upstairs rooms as I usually keep the windows closed when we aren't using them. Always afraid I will forget to close the windows and rain comes in right onto my Pfaff that is sitting on the desk under the window or DH's computer that is on the desk under the other bedroom's window. Usually keep the bathroom window open but AC has been on quite a bit lately so it has been kept closed. While I'm up there I will get my Challenge quilt ready for retreat end of the week, challenge was a Star quilt, any star or size we wanted to make. Can't post a photo or tell anything about it because another member of this forum, quiltingtrish, is also going to be at the retreat and we are keeping our quilts a secret from each other.

aliaslaceygreen
September 15th, 2013, 09:48 AM
THIS is how I found the kids when I came home from work yesterday!!!

Have a great day!

Terri
September 15th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Good Morning Monique! I guess you could say I am a night owl and an early bird. :icon_rolleyes: I have never been a night owl, but the last several months (seems like forever) I am so tired around 4 to 6 pm that I just HAVE to lay down....so I am wide awake around midnight or later. So frustrating! And my DH's alarm has gone off at 5 am for years, so my internal clock is set for 5am. So it seems that I am "surviving" on 3 to 4 hrs of sleep per night (at best), sometimes that time in bed from 4 or 6 pm to midnight is made up of tossing & turning. I am on bioidentical hormones and they seemed to straighten out my sleep for quite a while, but it's all out of whack again! I'm beginning to think that I have sort of trained my system to do this, and it's not a hormonal problem anymore....no matter, I seem to be tired all of the time. But I keep going. :)

Nice morning here in SC, it's about 68 outside now....not sure how warm it's supposed to get today. Getting ready to vacation in TN, leaving on Wednesday and being as OCD as I am....already worrying that I will remember everything and nothing will go wrong. I am turning into my MOTHER!!!! :icon_eek:

Hope you and everyone else has a happy & blessed Sunday!!

Sandy Navas
September 15th, 2013, 10:06 AM
HOW TO GIVE A CAT A BATH:

1. Thoroughly clean the toilet.

2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lids lifted.

3. Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape).
CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for any purchase they can find.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a 'power wash and rinse' which I have found to be quite effective.

6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he will dry himself.

Sincerely,

The Dog

http://www.dogstampsplus.com/PawPrints-AC-E96.gif (http://www.dogstampsplus.com/page_pawprints.htm)

shermur
September 15th, 2013, 10:25 AM
HOW TO GIVE A CAT A BATH:

1. Thoroughly clean the toilet.

2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water, and have both lids lifted.

3. Obtain the cat and soothe him while you carry him towards the bathroom.

4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close both lids (you may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape).
CAUTION: Do not get any part of your body too close to the edge, as his paws will be reaching out for any purchase they can find.

5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a 'power wash and rinse' which I have found to be quite effective.

6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people between the toilet and the outside door.

7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.

8. The now-clean cat will rocket out of the toilet, and run outside where he will dry himself.

Sincerely,

The Dog

http://www.dogstampsplus.com/PawPrints-AC-E96.gif (http://www.dogstampsplus.com/page_pawprints.htm)

OMG, Sandy....my gosh...that is hilarious! I laughed so hard, I teared up!

cyndiofthevortex
September 15th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Love the dog's version of how to give a cat a bath! That's one smart pup.

I am spending today recovering from yesterday. Six of the 7 kids and their families came over for the day, lots of food eaten, games played and even a small mountain climbed. What a blast we had!

Today I'm headed over to the Portsmouth Fabric Company to sign up for a class. It's next Saturday so I hope it isn't already full! It's to make a fantasy flower applique wallhanging. Please, please, please let there be room for me!

I really want a donut for breakfast. I'm not kidding. Maybe DH will go out and get me one. The shop is about 3 minutes away at best. How much do you love me, honey?

Lisapc
September 15th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Today I stitch. The kids are going apple picking and I will stitch. Hubby will be watching football of some sort. The dogs will be in and out playing. The only thing I have to do before I stitch is to decide what to make for dinner.

Have a wonderful, relaxing and giggle filled Sunday to everyone!

quiltingtrish
September 15th, 2013, 01:14 PM
So THIS is where everyone is hanging out. I didn't catch on it was Sunday's thread with the title you chose. I have to pay more attention to that in the future. haha!

Sounds like everyone has a busy day today whether sewing or otherwise. I am headed to gather up the garbage for my way up the driveway in a bit.

Hugs,

janluna
September 15th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Good Sunday!! Not doing any quilting since surgery, but I am checking out video's on youtube. Just wanted to check in and let everyone know I'm still alive and kicking! No one in particular, just kicking! lol Love you all, Jan L.