PDA

View Full Version : Raiders of the Lost Night Owls Contest - Everyone can play!

cyndiofthevortex
September 15th, 2013, 01:46 AM
How about a Night Owl Contest? This one is of course open to EVERYONE, not just us sleep-deprived zombies that walk around among the living during the day. Welcome all!

You know I love contests - hosting them is such fun! Here is my latest one:

I need some new names for the night owl posts and I want your help. Pick a movie, play or tv show and insert the words, "night owl" into it somewhere. Here are some examples so you can see how easy it is: The Sound of Night Owls, Downton Night Owls and The Night Owls of the Opera. Told you it was easy.

Next, choose a number between 1 and 100. Whoever gets closest to the number I've chosen gets the book, "Debbie Mumm's Country Quilts for All Occasions." This nice hardcover edition is in perfect condition. I got it at my guild's book giveaway last week and want to pass along some of the blessing I received. It is a beautiful book I think anyone would like.

I'll let you know who the winner is in the middle of the night Sunday night/Monday morning, unless a miracle happens and I sleep through. Then I'll let you know Monday morning.

Come on, everyone! Want to play my game?

K. McEuen
September 15th, 2013, 01:51 AM
The Night Stalkers

HdWench
September 15th, 2013, 01:51 AM
:icon_wave: I LOVE being a night owl - hmm The Night the Owls drove the train to Georgia? hahaha uh ok 29 how old I want to be forever!

What's under your sewing machine now? Tonight I'm working on more fun little things to toss into bag during the Quilt shop meeting in October (so I can't say just what)... but I'm up, it is just before midnight and there is a whole, fresh pot of coffee brewed yippie!!!

pcbatiks
September 15th, 2013, 01:52 AM
Hello Cyndi........I'm still waiting for my donut that I didn't get last night??!! :D

cyndiofthevortex
September 15th, 2013, 01:53 AM
The Night StalkersYou have to add owls to it, too! So how about The Night Owl Stalkers? I like it! I'm so glad you want to play. I hope this will be fun.

Would you like to choose a number and win the book?

Here's another one I like: Anne of Green Night Owls.

cyndiofthevortex
September 15th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Hello Cyndi........I'm still waiting for my donut that I didn't get last night??!! :DHave you checked your mailbox? It should have gotten there today. I'm so sorry. You know how the mail can be these days. DH stuffed a bunch of them in a bag for you. Watch for the mailman this week.

K. McEuen
September 15th, 2013, 01:56 AM
I was about to pass out (early here) and my phone just went crazy with a severe weather alert. Another flash flood warning. Then a huge thunder and the sky opened up. Now I think it's hailing.

Lisapc
September 15th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Dr. T and the Night Owls, my number is 12.

cyndiofthevortex
September 15th, 2013, 01:59 AM
I was about to pass out (early here) and my phone just went crazy with a severe weather alert. Another flash flood warning. Then a huge thunder and the sky opened up. Now I think it's hailing.
That's crazy! I hope that's an unusual storm for you and that you don't get them often!

bkthomas
September 15th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Hootie and the Night Owls!
#39......Ooooh, I really really want that book!

Sew Perfect
September 15th, 2013, 02:01 AM
Since I am working on a Gone With the Wind quilt, my title is ...you guessed it...Gone With the Night Owls. My lucky # tonight is the #7.

HdWench
September 15th, 2013, 02:02 AM
hahahaha I like Hootie and the Night Owls!

Stay safe Karen!! Hail in New Mexico wow

pcbatiks
September 15th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Have you checked your mailbox? It should have gotten there today. I'm so sorry. You know how the mail can be these days. DH stuffed a bunch of them in a bag for you. Watch for the mailman this week.

Yay.......I can hardly wait........nothing like a petrified donut!!! :D

One Flew Over the Night Owls Nest

My number is 45.

cyndiofthevortex
September 15th, 2013, 02:05 AM
You guys are doing great! Since I'm the boss I get to keep picking names. How about Two and a Half Night Owls?

K. McEuen
September 15th, 2013, 02:06 AM
That's crazy! I hope that's an unusual storm for you and that you don't get them often!

We don't usually get much rain at all ... 8" average yearly rainfall. Been raining all week. We are getting the same storms as Colorado. The Rio Grande Valley has been on flood alert for a few days.

turena65
September 15th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Little House of the Night Owls.... my number is 48... ('cause I'm 48 years young :) )

I started on my quilt for my parents yesterday, spent most of the night last night and a good portion of today cutting out and stitching blocks together... I swear, I must have spent 3 hours just squaring up all of my blocks! What a time-consuming task that is, but I know it will be worth it in the end. ANYWAY... I decided to use the Foilage layer cake I purchased from M* in June and some yardage I had in my stash. I need all 42 layer cakes for this quilt and as I opened it up and started counting, I had, seriously, 41.... 41! Can you believe it? I was short just one layer cake in this package. So what do I do? I went ahead and called M* customer service and explained my predicament, the very nice lady let me go online and pick from the yardage that was available for this line and will be sending me approx 1/3 yard of fabric, enough to complete the layer cake with a little left over. I thought that was very sweet of her, and she was just so NICE about it. :)

I feel so bad for all the people affected by the awful storms and flooding right now in Missouri, Colorado and the surrounding areas, my prayers are with you all.
The camp-a-lot charm pack on the DD tonight is awfully cute... It would make a darling little boys quilt :) Have a great night my fellow night owls... I will go to bed in the morning when I get off work and hopefully dream of all things quilty... :)

Turena

pcbatiks
September 15th, 2013, 02:16 AM
I couldn't help myself.....

12 Angry Night Owls
Big Night Owl Theory
How I Met Your Night Owl

:lol: :icon_wave: :D :icon_razz: :icon_woot:

dwil23
September 15th, 2013, 02:44 AM
The Night of the Living Night Owls.

Lindagie
September 15th, 2013, 02:47 AM
I am thinking about and praying for the people in Colorado with all of that mess out there; have some friends and a cousin living in those areas. Hope they all stay safe!

Lets see; did anyone have Revenge of the Night Owls? Chronicles of Night Owls! Lord of the Night Owls! Meet the Night Owls!
My number 70.

Sewed random things today; Finally got all of my piano keys for a border; the rest of the top has been done for a year. Ouch! Also quilting some Christmas table runners and Halloween Treat bags for the grandkids.

Lisapc
September 15th, 2013, 02:53 AM
I did not play today as I wanted. I did not finish anything. I started cleaning and just didn't stop. My son got a new mattress the other day and today we put on his new temperpedic(?) topper he wanted because we have on our bed, put risers under his bed and the new sheets were washed/dried and put on. Now his bed is very high. Our bed is a sleigh bed and we have stools to get in and he wanted his bed big like ours. It sure is so I am thinking I will pick up a stool at the Mill Store and paint a train on it for him. He was so excited by a mattress.

When I finished all the cleaning I was tired and read and napped for an hour on the couch.

I am heading to the bed now and hopefully I will sleep. I love all you ladies but I want a normal schedule for a change.

I love all the title you are coming up with. I had one idea and that is all.

Granny Judy
September 15th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Hey, wait for me... I just woke up. (rubbing sleep from eyes and trying to think of a "Night Owl" theme)
The Adventures of the Night Owls... and I like 13 for a number

I have to refrain from spending again for the DD. Have had 3 orders to M* this month and need to finish up the planned projects before starting off on another acquisition marathon. Awaiting my order to get Grandson's quilt going... Awaiting Ghastlie Fabric to finish my Halloween quilt... Awaiting a trip to Jo-Anns to get the frame for a wire wreath..--- sew it goes. I just love it when "Awaiting becomes Arrival".

bkthomas
September 15th, 2013, 03:22 AM
We don't usually get much rain at all ... 8" average yearly rainfall. Been raining all week. We are getting the same storms as Colorado. The Rio Grande Valley has been on flood alert for a few days.

C'mon Karen! Pick a number! ok?

PeggyM
September 15th, 2013, 03:30 AM
The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds and Night Owls. 13

MayinJerset
September 15th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Have no idea what is playing at the movies so I looked up this week's top money movies and chose Gangster Squad Night Owls, kind of lame but it's all I can come up with half asleep.
My number is be 67.

Finished cutting squares and strips for next quilt. Also cut some Christmas stockings for the Patriotic Christmas Stocking group. Only 3 so far as I didn't have much patriotic fabric on hand, hope to find some in Lancaster next weekend.

Feel like having a nice cup of hot tea and a donut would go so nice with it but someone forgot to get them for tonight's meeting.

turena65
September 15th, 2013, 03:48 AM
The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds and Night Owls. 13

SHOW OFF!! ;)

Jen7
September 15th, 2013, 03:51 AM
I'm going with "Viva, Night Owls", (re: viva las Vegas)! My number is 88!

Kgrammiecaz
September 15th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Wizard of night owls. My number is 54

Such fun Cant wait to see who wins.

kensington
September 15th, 2013, 04:06 AM
Night Owls on A Hot Tin Roof! 35

Madeforyouinma11
September 15th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Oh this ones fun! I like True Night Owls (True Blood series), Sons of Anarchy just started again so how about Sons of Night Owls...I think I will pick the n u m b e r......................97.. That's my age added with hubby's.
Oooooo! I just looked up that book and it looks awesome! Hope I win, but congrats to whoever guesses correctly.
Thank you Cyndi..this is really so sweet of you to share your treasures.. :)

toggpine
September 15th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Fried Green Night Owls
Night Owls On A Plane
Hoot Wars: Revenge of the Night Owls
Hoot Wars: Attack of the Night Owls
Lady & the Night Owl
The Night Owl King

OK I gotta stop, Finding Night Owl titles in the kids movies. 42

Busy day here. We started the FFA/4-H section of the Washington State Fair. I gotta get some sleep before the alarm goes off and I have to do it all over again!

There will be some sewing done this week. I have to make a goat coat for the baby we are taking to the fair next week. None of the ones I have already made are small enough.

Catch you all on the flip side! Take care!
C

GuitarGramma
September 15th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Here's my entry: Doctor Night Owls Who.

And my number is 31.

This is a fun contest.

Hulamoon
September 15th, 2013, 04:39 AM
My Big Fat Greek Night Owl

56 :)

Judy, USMC
September 15th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Thanks for this contest! I'm a late night reader (as you can tell from the time of this post.) I'll be dreaming about names all night. Right now though:
Heinlein Fiction - all time fav - Stranger in a Strange Night Owl Land.
Runner up for me is 1,001 Arabian Night Owl Nights.

My number is 77.

Wwena
September 15th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Night Owls PD! I mean, who better than night owls to do their job? :D

Precious1
September 15th, 2013, 05:40 AM
I got one. How about Night Owls in the City instead of Sex in the City. Or, N.O.C.I.S for Night Owls Criminal Investigation Services instead of NCIS. Oh oh, here's another one, Night Owls and the Bandit, instead of Smokie and the Bandit. I'll say the number I choose will be 68.

snippet
September 15th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Night Owl on the Roof (Fiddler on the Roof movie)
Blue Suede Night Owl (Blue Suede Shoes song)
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil Night Owls (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil book)
The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Hungry Night Owl (children's book)
Where the Night Owls Are (children's book)
The Night Owl in the Hat (Dr Seuss book)
Famous Last words of a Night Owl (George Strait song)
I Want to Hold your Night Owl (Beatles song)
Night Owl on my Shoulders (John Denver song)

My number is 53

SisterDi
September 15th, 2013, 06:54 AM
The Night Owl Before Christmas

or, a song ?

The Night They Drove Owl Dixie Down?

93 is my number

shermur
September 15th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Ummmm...how about In the Heat of the Night Owls and my number is 22.

bubba
September 15th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Well I just got up and came to work and saw this......hate getting up at 0200!!

My original idea was -
Phantom of the Night Owls

But, I think I decided on -
Harry Potter and the Temple of Night Owls

DCM
September 15th, 2013, 07:52 AM
My number is 51.
Golden night owls (girls)
Everybody loves night owls (Raymond)
27 night owls (dresses)
Undercover night owls (boss)
Runaway night owls (bride)
Pretty night owls (woman)

Monique
September 15th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Ok I'm in although I can't stay up past 9. LOL!! My favorite series right now is Hell on Wheels, so how about Night Owls on Wheels and my number is 53.

or

The Late Night Owl show with Cyndi

Terri
September 15th, 2013, 07:59 AM
How about.....Dirty Dancing Night Owls or Dirty Night Owls Dancing or Night Owls Dirty Dancing. Can ya tell what my fav movie is? :D My number is: 4

Monique
September 15th, 2013, 08:10 AM
How about.....Dirty Dancing Night Owls or Dirty Night Owls Dancing or Night Owls Dirty Dancing. Can ya tell what my fav movie is? :D My number is: 4

Terri, that is my ALL-TIME favorite movie too.

MRoy
September 15th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I'm only a sometimes night owl but here goes... "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Night Owls" for the foodies in the group. My number is 62.

PeggyM
September 15th, 2013, 08:46 AM
SHOW OFF!! ;)

It's my stock answer when the category is movies. I stink at that category.

bubba
September 15th, 2013, 09:29 AM
I have another....

Indiana Jones and the Chamber of the Night Owl.....

I'll stick w/16.

Ginny B
September 15th, 2013, 09:51 AM
How about "Field of Night Owl Dreams" or "A Night Owls League of Their Own" My # is 26

Lonna
September 15th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Dancing with the Night Owls, Night Owls Dynasty, #18.

Sandy Navas
September 15th, 2013, 10:20 AM
One and a Half Night Owls
Iron Night Owls
To Kill a Night Owl
The Simpsons Meet the Night Owls
Agents of N.I.G.H.T. O.W.L.S.
Brooklyn Night-Owls
Trophy Night Owls
The Grapes of Night Owls
For Whom the Night Owl Tolls
East of Night Owl
The Night Owl, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
The Night Owl in the Rye
Charlotte's Night Owl
Jonathan Livingston Night Owl
The Tale of Peter Night Owl
Valley of the Night Owl
Gone with the Night Owl
20,000 Leagues Under the Night Owl
The Accidental Night Owl
The Adventures of Robin Night Owl
The African Night Owl
Night Owl in Wonderland
Night Owl Doesn't Live Here Anymore
The American Night Owl in London

I'll pick Number 27 and donate the book to anyone who matches my number.

ilive2craft2
September 15th, 2013, 10:32 AM
What fun!

Honey, I shrunk the night owls

Quilted Fantasies
September 15th, 2013, 10:41 AM
The 7 Night Owls You Meet in Heaven
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Night Owls
The Night Owls Guide to the Galaxy
Night Owl State of Mind

This reminds me a little of reading fortune cookies and adding the words "in bed". Try it next time you go to a Chinese Restaurant

Also my 83 year old mom told me she got in trouble giggling with a friend in church. They were going through the hymnbook and adding "under the sheets" to song titles.
Try it with Amazing Grace, Just as I am, Abide With Me, Blessed be the Tie that Binds...

I have enough books, thank you!

cyndiofthevortex
September 15th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Of course there's always The Night Owls Wear Prada.

bubba
September 15th, 2013, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE=This reminds me a little of reading fortune cookies and adding the words "in bed". Try it next time you go to a Chinese Restaurant

Also my 83 year old mom told me she got in trouble giggling with a friend in church. They were going through the hymnbook and adding "under the sheets" to song titles.
Try it with Amazing Grace, Just as I am, Abide With Me, Blessed be the Tie that Binds...

QUOTE]

You can also add in the bathtub....just as funny.

SuzyQue
September 15th, 2013, 11:10 AM
The Night Owls Notebook or Mama Mia's Night Owls and my number is 58. Thanks for a fun game!

bakermom
September 15th, 2013, 11:20 AM
the Haunting of Owl House, 10

nyscpa2be
September 15th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Green Acres of Night Owls, and 31

Sew Perfect
September 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM
As The Night Owls Turn, The Guiding Night Owls, The Young and The Restless Night Owls, General Night Owls, The Bold and The Beautiful Night Owls, and All My Night Owls.

LOL...There's daytime television! Are those shows even still airing?

K. McEuen
September 15th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Ha! I fell asleep last night after my last post.

You know when you can't sleep you sort of start to feel like a zombie? How about The Walking Night Owls for The Walking Dead.

I'll pass on choosing a number. I have enough quilt books on my shelves, would rather someone get it that might be able to use it more. :)

bdmsmith
September 15th, 2013, 01:31 PM
I love reading all the responses. How about:
True Night Owl Grit
A Few Good Night Owls (Men)
Loving Night Owls (You)
Flaming (Star) Night Owls
The Bucket Night Owls (List)

I'll pick my favorite number 24.

grandmasieg
September 15th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Night Owls of the Living Dead....that's about how I feel after working 3-11 and going to bed at 4 in the morning!

My number is 37!

Hugs!

janluna
September 15th, 2013, 02:35 PM
How about Law and Night Owl's Order. The Late Late Night Owls with Craig Ferguson! The Late Show Night Owl with David Letterman. CNN Late Night Owl News.
My number is 17. Everyone Loves Night Owls.

auntiemern
September 15th, 2013, 06:04 PM
So glad there is another SOA fan on here. Wasn't that an intense season premier?
Criminal Night Owls
To Kill a Night Owl
Think I'll pick the number 20.
Oh this ones fun! I like True Night Owls (True Blood series), Sons of Anarchy just started again so how about Sons of Night Owls...I think I will pick the n u m b e r......................97.. That's my age added with hubby's.
Oooooo! I just looked up that book and it looks awesome! Hope I win, but congrats to whoever guesses correctly.
Thank you Cyndi..this is really so sweet of you to share your treasures.. :)

mamaquilt
September 15th, 2013, 07:00 PM
A 1000 Quilts made by the naughty Night Owls before you die.

my lucky number would be 5, but I don't expect you to send a book to Europe.

Had lots of fun reading this thread, although I should be in bed by now. But reading a Night Owl thread calls for a late hour. Just turned 00.00 here now.

Bailey65
September 15th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Breaking Bad Night owls and my number is 63, this is fun!

mommadeb
September 15th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Night Owl
Number: 57

SandyWhite
September 15th, 2013, 08:02 PM
My favorite show

Revenge...of the Night Owls.

SallyO'Sews
September 15th, 2013, 11:45 PM
"Gone with the Night Owls."
"The Fast and the Night Owls."
"Second-Hand Night Owls."
"Akeelah and the Night Owls."
"The Bourne Night Owls."
SOMEBODY STOP ME!! This is way too much fun.

My number is 16.

Shirley
September 16th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Silence of the night owls. 84

Tanya D
September 16th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Remember the Night Owls instead of Remember the Titans.

My number is 17

I love a contest!

bhaggerty
September 16th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Night Owls University (Monsters U )
Dancing with Night Owls (wolves)
Night Owls at the Roxbury (A night at the Roxbury)
Night (Owls) at the Museum
Night (Owls) at the Smithsonian

I will be #52

cyndiofthevortex
September 16th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Sandy Navas is the winner with the number 27! Visit her on page 5 of this thread and see the many creative titles she came up with.

Hope you all had fun!

Hulamoon
September 16th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Congratulations Miss Sandy! I'm glad your feeling better to go on your researches. :) Or how ever you do that. lol

HdWench
September 16th, 2013, 06:21 AM
:icon_wave: Way to Go Sandy!!! hahahaha Thanks Cyndi, always fun to have FUN on the boards :-)