PDA

View Full Version : Hi all and Ty Debbie HDWench!

shannonsaulter
September 14th, 2013, 02:10 PM
I received a beauty of a quilt in the mail that I won from Debbie..Its so bright and cheery!
I am now 2 months smoke free and have actually got to my machine once to fix my work bag wasn't much but its a start..I did join the mug rug swap and hope that will pull me out of my sewing funk..
HUGS to you all!

Precious1
September 14th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Congrats on your two month anniversary :icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_wooho o: May you keep on keeping on. You can do it. Oh, and enjoy your hug from Debbie.

Shirley
September 14th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I received a beauty of a quilt in the mail that I won from Debbie..Its so bright and cheery!
I am now 2 months smoke free and have actually got to my machine once to fix my work bag wasn't much but its a start..I did join the mug rug swap and hope that will pull me out of my sewing funk..
HUGS to you all!
Congrats! You can do it. I smoked for over 20 years and quit. No small feat, I know it's hard, but it gets much easier. It's been 30 years since I quit and thank God that I did it!

Lisapc
September 14th, 2013, 03:46 PM
It's wonderful you have so long without a cigarette. It is a horrible addiction. Lucky you winning a beautiful piece of Debbie's work. She is so generous. The mug rug swap should be a lot of fun. The first step back into anything is always the hardest and you did that already!

Miss Sheri
September 14th, 2013, 04:07 PM
YAY SHANNON!!! Good for you! When you get a chance, show us a picture of that sweet quilty hug.

Iris Girl
September 14th, 2013, 04:10 PM
GRATS!!!! on 2 months smoke free you can do it. I was hesitant to join after a bad swap in the summer but I love fall and think I need to do this to get past the summer bad swap. Have lots of fall fabrics ...now to decide what to do.

Musical_Starling
September 14th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Congratulations on your two-month anniversary! Before you know it you'll be at one year, and five years, and ten years, and you'll be wondering how you ever smoked to begin with :) And now you have all of that extra money that you're not spending on cigarettes and you can spend it on fabric instead! lol

Monique
September 14th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Congratulations on being smoke-free and for winning a quilt. That is just awesome.

HdWench
September 14th, 2013, 09:32 PM
:icon_kiss: Yeah, it only gets easier I've heard!!! So glad you finally got the quilt and it is one huge hug and Thank you from all the dogs and kitties :-) Keep going and so glad you began with the Mug Rug group. We are all so very proud of you! You CAN do anything if you want to bad enough, God and your forum friends will help and support you along the way. Love you dear friend, thank you!

Breezed
September 14th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Congratulations! Keep it up. Hugs to you for even trying. I also was a long time smoker - nearly 18 years. I have been 100% smoke free for almost 5 years now. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. I now get severely nauseous when I smell cigarette smoke.
Congrats on winning that quilt too. I'm sure it's beautiful and very special.

Wwena
September 15th, 2013, 03:44 AM
I saw the 2 month on FB - you are doing GREAT woohooo!!!

Just make something small and get a feel for it again, might change things for you. These things come and go. :)

easyquilts
September 15th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Congratulations! Two months is a triumpth! Your lungs are probably doing the happy dance right now... Yay...

You can do this....when you have bad days, come here... You will get lots of encouraging hugs.

Not to scare you, but to remind you how important it is to win this battle.... My husband, of 45 years, begam smoking when he was thirteen.... It was the cool thing to do, way back in the day..... He is 73 now, and is in end stage COPD. he has been on oxygen 24/7 for the past two years.

I watch....and listen to him struggle just to breathe.... He gets a little worse every day. He shakes so hard he can't carry a plate of food.... He is only comfortable at all, when seated. He can't go for walks with me, and has had to give up his beloved fishing. He has wanted so badly to take the boys fishing this summer, but it was impossible. He can't carry groceries into the house, and it wears him out to bend over to pick something up from the floor. Getting into my little red Focus is a major deal, so he has to sit a while before he can drive.

the vigorous, active man I knew, who could work rings around any man, is gone. In his place is a man who struggles to take every breath. In spite of it all, he does most if our laundry.... It wears him out, but he does it.

Sorry to ramble on about a decidedly gloomy, gruesome topic, but I want you to double your resolve to win this battle, so you can win the war.