PDA

View Full Version : Colorado and the Shore...

aliaslaceygreen
September 14th, 2013, 08:31 AM
I don't see anyone checking in from Colorado? I am just horrified by what my friends out there are experiencing. I am guessing none of our quilters are from this area? If so, I wish you the best. Been through that part of CO once and it was so beautiful.

And to the other shore,.... My heart is breaking over the utter devastation on the boardwalk in Seaside Heights.
I went looking through my photo gallery of our last visit, at Easter, and how impressed I was at how quickly they were determined to get things back to normal, post Sandy. And now, this. All those places I've spent time in, made memories, and watching them burn... .goodness...
But no one died in NJ at least.

And that, that is what is important.

Lonna
September 14th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Yes my thoughts and prayers are in both places. At one time I lived in Boulder and Northglenn Co. It is so sad to see all the water and I know that feeling of the flood waters as I now live in Louisiana and went through Katrina. I still have family in the Denver area so my thoughts are with them at this time.

MayinJerset
September 14th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Just awful in Colorado and here at The Shore. Seaside Heights Police Chief Thomas Boyd said "It was the perfect storm. You had hot tar roofs, you had fire, and you had 30 mile-an-hour winds." Aerial footage on Friday showed block after block of black ash where the boardwalk stood and dozens of buildings gutted. The Funtown Pier, largely wrecked in October, saw its remaining section collapse. “I feel like I want to throw up,” Governor Christie said of the devastation. “We lost a place that has provided generations of memories to our citizens."

I'm not a big fan of going to The Shore, just too jammed packed during the summer months, but years ago family loved to go to Seaside Heights there especially after dinner on Easter for the rides and just walking around. I sure would like to have a frozen custard from Korhs. So glad no one was killed.

Lisapc
September 14th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Thinking of all of those residents, sad situation and just pray for their safety.

alliek
September 14th, 2013, 01:44 PM
It is so devastating to lose your home. I know having your family safe is of primary importance, but losing your gathering place and things that mean so much to you is heart breaking. I pray for those who are safe, Thank you Lord, but who have lost their home. I pray for those who fight this devastation and put their lives on the line everyday for others. God be with us.

Hulamoon
September 14th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Both stories are so devastating. I hope everyone that is lost from the flood will be found. I can't imagine being stranded out there with out food and fresh water.

Tanya D
September 16th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Both stories are awful. After having just watched Calgary and High River flood back in June and then having the opportunity to help with the clean up of 2 completely submerged basements in High River, my heart breaks for the people of Boulder. It's devastating and beyond your imagination to see the damage with your own eyes...and the smell...nothing can describe the smell.