PDA

View Full Version : My dh scored some points with me!

laf512
September 13th, 2013, 11:30 PM
My dh and I will be celebrating our 12th anniversary this weekend. He came up with the idea to go to Jamesport, MO (an Amish community) with a stop at MSQC on the way! There are two more quilt stores in Jamesport. Sounds like a lovely day for me...not so much for him, but he said all he cares about is spending time with me and the kids. I guess he's a keeper! :icon_bigsmile:

easyquilts
September 14th, 2013, 12:00 AM
WOW.... A keeper? You bet!

We want a "full report" on your visit to M*!

Lisapc
September 14th, 2013, 12:02 AM
He sure is a keeper. Have a wonderful anniversary!

Shirley
September 14th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Great husband! Have fun and happy anniversary.

pcbatiks
September 14th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Yes Lori......I agree.........your DH is a keeper! Hope you have a great time!

MayinJerset
September 14th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Ah, What a nice guy you have, Enjoy your anniversary trip.

Sew Perfect
September 14th, 2013, 04:02 AM
My dh and I will be celebrating our 12th anniversary this weekend. He came up with the idea to go to Jamesport, MO (an Amish community) with a stop at MSQC on the way! There are two more quilt stores in Jamesport. Sounds like a lovely day for me...not so much for him, but he said all he cares about is spending time with me and the kids. I guess he's a keeper! :icon_bigsmile:
Lori, Also go to the quilt shop in Cameron, Cross Roads Quilting. It's a nice little shop right by the Wal Mart.

Terri
September 14th, 2013, 04:34 AM
He's definitely a keeper. :) And happy anniversary to the two of you! Hoping my DH will indulge me when we go on vacation next week and will take me to a certain quilt shop that I want (translation: NEED! :icon_rofl:) to visit. He has taken me once before....hoping that maybe he will let me go by myself, it's not too far from our cabin and I love my GPS! He always tells me to take my time and that he's in no hurry, but I know how he hates shopping and I always feel like I am in a hurry when I know he's waiting. Anyway.....give us all of the juicy details of your trips to M* and any other quilt shops you visit. Have fun!

laf512
September 14th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Lori, Also go to the quilt shop in Cameron, Cross Roads Quilting. It's a nice little shop right by the Wal Mart.

Thanks for the suggestion! I told dh about the one in Cameron, and he said we might as well stop there since its on the way! He will be so tired of quilt shops after today that I might not get to go back for a year. Haha! My 8yo dd and I are super excited though!

laf512
September 14th, 2013, 09:44 AM
He's definitely a keeper. :) And happy anniversary to the two of you! Hoping my DH will indulge me when we go on vacation next week and will take me to a certain quilt shop that I want (translation: NEED! :icon_rofl:) to visit. He has taken me once before....hoping that maybe he will let me go by myself, it's not too far from our cabin and I love my GPS! He always tells me to take my time and that he's in no hurry, but I know how he hates shopping and I always feel like I am in a hurry when I know he's waiting. Anyway.....give us all of the juicy details of your trips to M* and any other quilt shops you visit. Have fun!

I hope you get to go! I also tend to feel rushed when dh is with me shopping....plus I always hate spending money while he's there. He never says anything, but I'd like him to think my hobby is much cheaper!

nyscpa2be
September 14th, 2013, 09:55 AM
I hope you get to go! I also tend to feel rushed when dh is with me shopping....plus I always hate spending money while he's there. He never says anything, but I'd like him to think my hobby is much cheaper!

What they don't know won't hurt them, or us, right?
Happy anniversary and have a great trip.

MRoy
September 14th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Happy Anniversary! Have a great trip!

shermur
September 14th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Happy anniversary, Lori and you and your DH! And how wonderful that he thinks so much of you to make your anniversary trip one you will so appreciate. When it comes to my passion of quilting...I'm on my own. My hubby really doesn't appreciate my passion....yes, your DH is quite the keeper!