PDA

View Full Version : car magnets

tobeysmama
September 13th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I had a car magnet fall apart leaving some of the magnetic residue on the paint. Does anyone know how to get it off without damaging the car? Thanks for the help. Jan :)

PeggyM
September 13th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Try rubbing it with car wax...gently. Let the wax sit until it starts chalking. I had luck with this many years ago.

K. McEuen
September 13th, 2013, 07:36 PM
My first thought was that orange stuff, Goo Gone, I think is what it's called.

bubba
September 13th, 2013, 08:11 PM
When we had a rental car once, I told my husband....watch out for that pole! Says he, I see that crunnnnnnnnnnnch pole!!!! Well, nothing got the transfer off the car......as a last resort, I squirted sunscreen on it and it came right off!

Sharyn J
September 13th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Yup, I'm a Goo Gone fan! I swear that stuff works on anything and it doesn't do any damage. Many years ago when I moved into my condo, there were pieces of masking tape stuck on the woodwork that the painters didn't remove. We didn't have any nice quick products then to use without removing the paint, so I used peanut butter. Worked like a charm. lol

nyscpa2be
September 13th, 2013, 11:30 PM
I keep telling her, the best and ONLY way to get rid of the magnet residue on the car is to get a new car. I am totally willing to take the red Rav4 with the magnet residue and she can go get the new model.

PeggyM
September 13th, 2013, 11:39 PM
When we had a rental car once, I told my husband....watch out for that pole! Says he, I see that crunnnnnnnnnnnch pole!!!! Well, nothing got the transfer off the car......as a last resort, I squirted sunscreen on it and it came right off!

Brilliant!!!

tobeysmama
September 13th, 2013, 11:40 PM
So sorry Amy- the car stays with me. Thank you all for the advice. I will let you know what happens. Jan

Lisapc
September 13th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Lectric shave gets off pine sap without damaging the cars finish so maybe it will help with this. Good luck!