PDA

View Full Version : I'm back - somewhat better

nyscpa2be
September 13th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for all the well wishes and PM's I received while I was gone. I will respond to PM's in time - as you can imagine, my inbox here, on facebook, and in my email are all overflowing right now.

This was my 4th trip to a hospital to get help for the stress in nine months, but this was also the only time that helped me. I now have a dual diagnosis, which I never had before, and am on meds that should work. I am also set up for outpatient therapy and primary care that I didn't have before. So on that side, all is good.

I am obviously not 100% yet. I calmed down a great deal while I was there, and learned some great coping techniques and to accept all that has happened. But I came home and felt immediately inundated with loads of stress - actually, from when I was picked up. And then I went to a rock concert last night that I had prepaid the tickets for (Casting Crowns). I slept until noon today, and will be trying to not overdo it this weekend. Which is tough because there are a lot of chores to do - Mom was working almost 10 hours every day while I was in.

I'll get back up to speed soon - glad to be back! I missed all of you!!!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 13th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Thinking of you ad praying tat you can let the stress roll off your back ad feel better soon!!

toggpine
September 13th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Take it slow and steady.
I find it helps me focus if I have a list on a white board. I can drag my finger through the things I got done and add to it if I do something that wasn't on there to start with. Sometimes, other family members will even do something on the list since they can "see" it's a task that needs to be done.

We'll continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Beakkmom
September 13th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Take it easy as best you can Amy. Casting Crowns ~ what a wonderful concert it must have been! God is good, no matter what, prayers for you and your circumstances.

Lin

nyscpa2be
September 13th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Thanks everyone.

Jean - trying to keep it as easy as I can these next few days. I might even leave the quilt that needs major frogging in the UFO pile for a week or so.

Toggpine - during my family meeting, I mentioned having a whiteboard, and having the top 3 chores every day listed on it, but no stress if I don't get to more than that. And I mentioned that there are three adults in the house. Mom, me and Dad. Mom and I do chores often. Dad will remind us that we have chores to do. I so wish that just one night, I could say "you keep reminding me about dishes piling up. I found a way to keep them from piling up - I didn't make dinner" but I don't think it would go over well.

Beakkmom - Casting Crowns was amazing!

MayinJerset
September 13th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Hey Girl, Take it slow and easy. Glad you got help and are trying to keep calm and get things done. Too much has been laid on your shoulders and pray that God makes them broader. Hang in There

WendyI
September 13th, 2013, 05:17 PM
dealing and coping with stress and anxiety has been a major part of my life...it's not fun and it's not easy but it can be managed. I use CBT a LOT and am so thankful that I understand it and can incorporate it into my life. It's a lot of work but has saved me so much stress. Hang in there and mostly be kind to yourself. ((((HUGS)))))

easyquilts
September 13th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Amy.... I'm so glad you finally got the help you needed. Having the right diagnoses makes all the difference. I just saw this in my own family... So I know how important it is... Then,the right meds will work for you.
Don't push yourself.... Rest when you need to.... Eat well...

nyscpa2be
September 13th, 2013, 06:33 PM
May - my shoulders will always be the size that they are, but I have another set of shoulders that can handle anything.

Wendy - I am using DBT, which is a spinoff of CBT, but has specific categories to learn.

Sandy - rest is something I thought I would get in the hospital, but the schedule had us up and about for 16 hours a day - wake up was 5:45am. I slept till noon today, and needed it.

Bubby
September 13th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Amy, Take everything slow and easy. Time has a way of healing a lot of troublesome things. We missed you...feel better soon. Barb

nyscpa2be
September 13th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Thanks Barb! I missed everyone here too!

Lilly
September 14th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Amy - I'm just coming on and saw your post. Maybe you need more prayers now than when you went in a few days ago? Family dynamics can be so hard. Do you want to come and live with us? We have a lot of experience with anxiety disorders and we know all about DBT - the best out there imho. Keep at it. It may take a while but as long as you have the Lord you can keep getting back up - guess you knew that. I am praying for you Sweetie. YOu can do this. - Lilly

Lisapc
September 14th, 2013, 12:44 AM
I am so happy that you got some real help this time. One thing I have learned is that you have to put your health first or you can't be who you want to be for others.

Take care of you because you are so worth it!