PDA

View Full Version : Im gonna need.....

Hawaii Roxy
September 13th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Im gonna need a 2nd JOB!!!!!! I just ordered todays daily deal!!! that makes 3 orders in 2 weeks!! OMG MY HUSBAND IS GONNA KILL ME! I blame each and every one of you for this! Im addicted and its all ya'lls fault! I was normal until I joined this forum! I could and did save money had a nice lil thing going then ....I came here! and was sucked in by all your pretty quilts and all this fun fabric n stuff!!! I need to find a support group!!! lol just KIDDINGGGG :P

bubba
September 13th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Now I'm afraid to look at the DD!!!!

bkthomas
September 13th, 2013, 02:30 AM
Hawaii Roxie :icon_hihi:

Hawaii Roxy
September 13th, 2013, 02:31 AM
lol shut it Kathy or ill make you come back out here and do all my grunt work! hahahha!

bkthomas
September 13th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Well then, let's make that......
Hawaii Roxy :icon_hihi::icon_hihi::icon_hihi::icon_hihi::icon_ hihi::icon_hihi::icon_hihi::icon_hihi::icon_hihi:

That's all my friends (and yours too) laughing at you cause we're ALL enablers!!!

Hawaii Roxy
September 13th, 2013, 02:34 AM
roflmao you dork tater!!

bkthomas
September 13th, 2013, 02:37 AM
I got a catalog the other day that has Jeff Dunams Peanut....you're gettin' it for Christmas!

Lisapc
September 13th, 2013, 02:56 AM
Roxy: I have to agree that your sister is the worst. She just PM'd me to look at the DD. What kind of friend is that? How do you put up with her?

Hawaii Roxy
September 13th, 2013, 03:02 AM
Roxy: I have to agree that your sister is the worst. She just PM'd me to look at the DD. What kind of friend is that? How do you put up with her?

roflmao dude! She pm'd me too saying she "was gonna" tell me to go look at it but that I had already beat her to it lol HOWEVER I blame her most for my new addiction because SHES the one who told me about this forum in the first place lol

Lisapc
September 13th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Well at least she has good taste. I am passing on the DD only because of a blowout sale at the local quilt shop tomorrow!

Renate
September 13th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Yes, guilty in matters of prosecusion. The only reason why we are doing thouse beautiful quilts is to demage you financial. It is really a Desaster ... but, frankly spoken, a very wonderful one.

Roxy, we are all on the same boat. The only difference is: do you have a husband who gets Grey hair on this or one who puts out his wallet and payes for your fabric, knowing that this gives him time to watch the Super Bowl or something like that on TV.

It depense on HOW you sell it. The husbands benefit of a quilting wife are:
- she does not want to assign the TV program
- she does not complain when he goes out for a beer with his friends
- she cannot sew and spend Money for shoes at the same time
- she cannot cook any healthy Food like "vegetables", what makes sure, that he gets his beloved Pizza every second day
- she cannot grumble that he is in the way when she would like to vacuum, while he watches TV
- she does not spend Money going to expensiev coctail bars with her friends, for which she would Need an expensiev wardrobe
- HE ALWAYS HAS A WARM QUILT MADE WITH ALL HER LOVE

And all this and many more for just a Little bit of Money for fabric and threads. ok, some Tools, a good sewing machine, a perfect installed sewing room, enough space, a cutting table in a good Niveau, regularly quilting magazines, once a week a room full of giggling woman for a sewing-come-together. But isn`t it unpayable to have a happy, content woman at home?

Hawaii Roxy
September 13th, 2013, 03:13 AM
Ahhhh Renate you sure put it into perspective for me thanks! :) But I do use my own money I never cook anyway and I ALWAYS hog the TV AND have taken away his man cave (garage) to set up big tables to sandwich my quilts on,I have fabric strips EVERYWHERE hes not allowed to touch em EVER for ANY reason lol and last but not least....hes yet to receive a quilt they have all been given to our sons and grand babies an some friends lol See so not only am I addicted Im crazy and abusive hahahahha! I dont caRE I LIKE IT! RAWR!! lol

Renate
September 13th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Roxy, I am giggling so much about this thread. You see me smile all over my face. Our house Looks just the same. Not that I would not have a 15 square meter sewing room. I use our dinning table for cutting, our Sofa at the living room for handquilting, a part of our Office to store all the quilting Patterns and of course I don`t want to put away all my sewing belongings all the time. On several other places in the house I lay out fabric to see if they are matching, started Projects hanging around everywhere ... it is really in a Status quo, my DH asked me, if it would get better, if he would give me the big Meeting room from our Office for my quilting, if this would help that the rest of our house would be a not-sewing space again. I told him, we can try, but I cannot promisse..

by the way, I also buy everything with my own Money.

bkthomas
September 13th, 2013, 04:13 AM

You do like her best!!!
Put up with me?!!! She wants me back!

MayinJerset
September 13th, 2013, 04:27 AM
Renate, You gave all of us many, many good reason why we need to take advantage of the DD's as often as we like.

My DH doesn't know what I spend on fabric and other quilting supplies as I have my own little retirement income. I passed on buying today's DD as next week I'll be in Lancaster where there are many shops all with fabrics at much lower prices than locally. I'll only be there for a short time but still enough time to stock up with basics and anything that catches my eye.

Alright, now Kathy and Roxy and continue their little spat.

Mchelem
September 13th, 2013, 04:42 AM
I gave my husband a heart attack the other day when I mentioned a total of the things in my sewing studio, all added up.

I'm not a allowed to buy anything until after Christmas, unless I sell some quilts first.

Lisapc
September 13th, 2013, 08:00 AM
I gave my husband a heart attack the other day when I mentioned a total of the things in my sewing studio, all added up.

I'm not a allowed to buy anything until after Christmas, unless I sell some quilts first.

Oh I would never do that. When he comes in and looks at the full shelves I just press that foot pedal!

Lisapc
September 13th, 2013, 08:01 AM
You do like her best!!!
Put up with me?!!! She wants me back!

I just envy that you sisters are so close. I have 2 sisters and we are all so different and honestly having nothing in common except our mother.

SallyO'Sews
September 13th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Now I'm afraid to look at the DD!!!!

Me, too!! :icon_scared:

Hulamoon
September 13th, 2013, 05:49 PM
I love these little spats :) I wish I had a sister.

And I bought it :)

easyquilts
September 13th, 2013, 06:03 PM
I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say.....with some glee.....that each and everyone of us is happy. One of assistance. Right, ladies?

pcbatiks
September 13th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Oh please :D ........I doubt there are very many "normal" people here...........Roxy, you might as well be AbbyNormal with the rest of us! You don't ever see me tempting anyone here with........oh wait........did you see that......... Oh sorry........got distracted.......I can be held responsible for my enabling others..........I'm showing others how to support their local economy! That's my story anyway! :D

Hawaii Roxy
September 13th, 2013, 09:36 PM
I love these little spats :) I wish I had a sister.

And I bought it :)

WOOO HOO ! whatcha gonna do with yours??

Hawaii Roxy
September 13th, 2013, 09:38 PM
ps Hula you kin have mine!!!! hahhahaha just kiddinggggg Kathy don't rupture a artery ha! roflmao

Precious1
September 13th, 2013, 10:40 PM
You guys are tooo funny!! I'm laughing so loud my hubby wants to know what's going on. Of course I can't tell him! How can I? We are not enablers. We just encourage you to add to your collection. You should see my stash and I just started quilting in May.

easyquilts
September 14th, 2013, 12:11 AM
I hear you..... When I lost my job, my fabric budget went. Waaaaay down.... Now. Can only drool over most things, but... Those DD's are very hard to resist, very had..... It's so eadyquilts to hit PURCHASE NOW... And.... It's so much fun to have those little packages arrive on my doorstep.

There are some DD's...such as the Swirls jelly roll that are impossible to resist.... (sigh)

Hulamoon
September 14th, 2013, 02:04 AM
lol Roxy. I told her to move over!

Well the prints are so crazy that I think I will just do a fence rail in some sort of rainbow fashion. A member showed one. And I saved a couple of others.

Needle and Spatula: Rainbow Rail Quilt Progress/WIP Wednesday (http://www.needleandspatula.com/2011/05/rainbow-rail-quilt-progresswip.html)

kensington
September 14th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Oh please :D ........I doubt there are very many "normal" people here...........Roxy, you might as well be AbbyNormal with the rest of us! You don't ever see me tempting anyone here with........oh wait........did you see that......... Oh sorry........got distracted.......I can be held responsible for my enabling others..........I'm showing others how to support their local economy! That's my story anyway! :D

Very funny... In the Movie Young Frankenstein (Circa 1974) The Dr sends Igor to the store room to get a brain. The glass bottles say Ab Normal and Normal.... He picks one. When Frankenstein comes to life and is acting strange and talking oddly... Dr Frankenstein asked Igor what Brain did he get.... Igor replied... Abby. Abby Normal.

My sister and I laughed till we cried, and that day she nicked named me Abby Normal and I still sign any card I send her "Abby".

I can without reservation say I am Abby Normal.

PS... Don't feel bad Roxy, I ordered twice this week and went to the shop!

Hawaii Roxy
September 14th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Lorie ,I like that its fun! I have developed a thing for borders dunno why but Im sure ill do some on mine as well I cant wait to get it!!

Hawaii Roxy
September 14th, 2013, 03:18 AM
Very funny... In the Movie Young Frankenstein (Circa 1974) The Dr sends Igor to the store room to get a brain. The glass bottles say Ab Normal and Normal.... He picks one. When Frankenstein comes to life and is acting strange and talking oddly... Dr Frankenstein asked Igor what Brain did he get.... Igor replied... Abby. Abby Normal.

My sister and I laughed till we cried, and that day she nicked named me Abby Normal and I still sign any card I send her "Abby".

I can without reservation say I am Abby Normal.

PS... Don't feel bad Roxy, I ordered twice this week and went to the shop!

lol thats funny! Im gonna start callin you Abby hahahha love it!

Momofmonsters5
September 14th, 2013, 03:50 AM
I already have it, you know what worse than a quilting addiction? Not much.....but since I found out my daughter is having a girl I have been shopping online for baby clothes and in true granma fashion I'm addicted to one store...Gymboree, grr! Like a LQS a little more expensive but can't beat the fabric quality

Hulamoon
September 14th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Lorie ,I like that its fun! I have developed a thing for borders dunno why but Im sure ill do some on mine as well I cant wait to get it!!

I know me too. Not that I need another jelly roll. I have some really pretty pink florals and might do the Summer the park. But this one I want to keep simple. I love color. You wouldn't know it from house though. Brown furniture, brown couch. I need to make some throw pillows!

Hawaii Roxy
September 15th, 2013, 02:34 AM
OOPS I DID IT AGAIN!!!!!! I just ordered today's DD!!!!!!!! Plus the panel that matches it!!!

bkthomas
September 15th, 2013, 03:02 AM
OOPS I DID IT AGAIN!!!!!! I just ordered today's DD!!!!!!!! Plus the panel that matches it!!!

Me too!!! Me too!!!