PDA

View Full Version : Join Our Night Owl Club - Free Donuts!

cyndiofthevortex
September 13th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Okay, so I lied about the donuts. But if we can't encourage more insomniacs what kind of friends are we? Maybe we should all buy some and toast each other just before we head back to bed. It can be our new anti-weight loss program. Don't forget the milk.

Last night after being here at the computer I picked up the book, "Adventures in Design" by Joen Wolfrom. I love this quilter and I love her books! This is a new one that I hadn't opened yet. Mistake to do it when I should be sleeping. She has a class on color on Craftsy. (Learn How To Choose Quilt Colors in: Color Play For Quilters (http://www.craftsy.com/class/color-play-for-quilters/120)) I took the class in person with DH and we had a wonderful time.

When we took her class, we got there early so we could sit in the front, so we had great seats to see all the samples she was sure to bring. As he sat down, DH ripped a huge hole in the crotch of his jeans. We laughed and laughed and laughed. It was hilarious. Here we were in the front of a classroom of 25 to 30 women and he was trapped.

Then the class started. The first thing Joen did was have all the people wearing blue get up in front of the class. She organized them in terms of the value of their clothes, from lightest to darkest. Then she did the greens, etc. I was wearing a rust sweater and Jonas was in brown. We looked at each other with panic in our eyes. He whipped off his sweater and stuffed it under his chair. Underneath he had on a blue shirt, so he was safe.

When the browns were called, I had to get up in front of the class with about 6 other women. Jonas sat there making faces at me the whole time. I could barely contain my laughter. He was a total brat. It would have served him right if he was invited up in front of everyone! I'd love to hear him explain why he had to sit right there until the very last woman left the room.

My 15 minutes of play went well today! I played with gorgeous batiks I got as a DD a week or so ago. I've been looking forward to using them and I took the chance today to do it. Pictures of my new project will follow soon!

bkthomas
September 13th, 2013, 01:15 AM
The donuts look yummmmm.......so, it Midnight or 1:15 a.m. ?

cyndiofthevortex
September 13th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Midnight! Time to try to sleep some more after looking through a book or two. Now, which one should I start with...

K. McEuen
September 13th, 2013, 01:25 AM
It's just after 10 here. Your middle of the night club starts before I even think of going to bed.

cyndiofthevortex
September 13th, 2013, 01:30 AM
And here I've been asleep for hours before I was woken up by the heavy rain! It's such a nice sound but geesh, I'd really rather be sleeping.

Hulamoon
September 13th, 2013, 01:49 AM
You are starting this to early for me! It's not even 7 yet! Did you guys see my goat story from yesterday? I'm writing while you are waking up. I think only one person caught it.

Turing off the TV at about 11 has been working a little. :)

Granny Judy
September 13th, 2013, 02:11 AM
I gotta quit taking an afternoon snooze, but It just crushes in on me and I can't keep my eyes open. OK, thinking I'm just gonna "rest" for a moment.. Next thing I know DD is walking thru the door after 4...and dinner isn't even started. Good thing I have the menu all planned and the meat thawed.. 45 minutes later we can eat.

Now when I should be closing my "baby blues" I can't shut them and am looking around for something to occupy and wear myself out.. Maybe a dish of ice cream? finish crocheting that scarf? cut some strips 1.5 for my Halloween quilt? Play with the New stencils that came in the mail? Nope, I'll just take a quick shower and hope that hot water massager will sooth and wear me down..

Oh, gotta go check out the DD first.. anyone care to join me??

Lisapc
September 13th, 2013, 03:13 AM
Did I play today? I had to go to Walmart so I walked through the craft isle and picked up some machine oil. Nothing there inspired me. I read my book, the Quilter's apprentice. I am hooked.

I helped the scared Fed ex guy safely bring a huge package with my son's new mattress into the house. I had the gate leaning across the living room door and had him bring the box in. The whole time my 2 fur babies were moaning and groaning for attention. A real scary site to someone that doesn't know dogs. I let them sniff away at the big box after he left. I fondled a bunch of fabric in my sewing room looking for the "right" red for one quilt and the right "yellows" for another. Neither went well. I guess I did play but it didn't feel very productive.

I love Cyndi's story about her poor hubby in the color class. I can just see her trying not to laugh.

I fell asleep during part of the football game with my book in hand and woke up to rain and thunder. It is still raining, going on 6 hours now but there hasn't been any thunder for a couple of hours.

I hope I can sleep soon because the LQS is having a blowout sale tomorrow. $13 for 13 fat quarters and $19.99 Jelly Rolls. I shouldn't go but am really wanting to go.

kensington
September 13th, 2013, 03:16 AM
I'm up and I'm headed to bed. A donut sounds good but since I don't have any, a banana popcicle it is. Love em! Not sure I spelled it right, but I'm having one lol. Goodnight all.

Lindagie
September 13th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Hello, I just saw this late night group and hope I can join. I am usually up until the wee hours doing something anyway. Tonight we went to our granddaughter's volleyball game, came home to watch football, then watched the Eddy Duchin Story. I wasn't in the mood to sew, so I read for awhile and now have a repeat of The Five on t.v. I will probably watch The Young and the Restless on DVR and then hit the rack, as our grandson will be here in the morning until we take him to preschool. I could use a KrispyKreme, but we have none close enough. Darn! Had to settle for a Pepsi. Think I will also check out the DD first. Good night!

turena65
September 13th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Hello fellow night owls...

Jenny just keeps giving us more fabulous ideas... :) I was hoping that there would be another tutorial posted tonight, and THERE WAS!! I really like this one, the Snowball 4 Patch Quilt... It just might be the pattern I was looking for to make for my parents' Christmas present. It's frustrating though when she gives the amount of yardage/precuts required, but no indication as to what size the final quilt is. I can't quite figure it out by watching the video because not all of the quilt is showing. Anyway, I think it's beautiful and I think I will give it a try...

I'm going to try to hit the hay earlier tonight, (earlier than 3 am that is!), I know I am addicted to this quilting business because I literally dream of layercakes and charm packs, quilt patterns, ideas for FMQ, and one day meeting Jenny at M*.... I know it's silly, I do, but I can't get my mind off all the projects I want to complete and give to various family members. :)

PS.... Cyndi, GREAT story! I'm still chuckling over that one...(kinda serves him right, huh?!) ...

I guess that's my cue to try and get some shut-eye, good night all, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

Turena

MayinJerset
September 13th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Woke up at 3 after having the first half of my night's sleep. Cyndi you sure know how to tempt us into joining you as I really could eat a nice donut right about now. Will have to settle for an Italian ice cup, think we have some orange flavor in the freezer. I usually go back and try to sleep again around 4:30 but that may not happen tonight as DS will be up soon as he has an early morning flight. He is all packed and ready to go but when her kids stay with her Mom always worries about them getting where they need to be on time.

Another reason I may not fall asleep again is that I had a nap this evening. There was nothing to watch on TV, DH was at his camera club's meeting and I finished cutting the strips and squares for my next quilt so I left DS watching the football game and took a little snooze. You know when I woke up from my snooze I was thinking that a nice donut would be good. Darn it Cyndi you have me thinking of donuts every time I wake up.

Hulamoon
September 13th, 2013, 05:36 AM
I'm up and I'm headed to bed. A donut sounds good but since I don't have any, a banana popcicle it is. Love em! Not sure I spelled it right, but I'm having one lol. Goodnight all.

If you like those you should get one of these! I bought one for me and one for my dd.

Banana Ice Cream Maker & Recipes || Yonanas (http://www.yonanas.com/)

Jean Sewing Machine
September 13th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Darn, missed the nightly meeting AND the donuts because I was SLEEPING! Of all the nerve! Can't be an insomnac/nightowl if you waste your time sleeping!

Monique
September 13th, 2013, 07:55 AM
I would like to join the club but I can't stay awake past 9. LOL!!

Terri
September 13th, 2013, 09:45 AM
I guess I should become a member of your club too. Being in that "oh so lovely" time of life.....my sleep patterns are so messed up, I'm lucky to get 3 to 4 hours a night. :( And if I go too long with too little sleep, I get sick. My DH keeps telling me that "millions of other women have gone through it and survived---you will too". Gee, thanks! Seriously, he is very understanding & supportive when my mood swings from nice, calm & happy to "if you look at me wrong, I may hurt you". My sleep patterns straightened out for a while, now they are so bad I may have slept 2.5 hrs last night and my behind is dragging this morning. Do I nap?? Try not to, but when I've gone several nights with so little sleep, I have to give in & let my body get some rest. This being female & getting older ain't for sissies!! But I will survive! :D

pcbatiks
September 13th, 2013, 09:55 AM
I missed the donut party! Oh well............but I sleep good last night after fighting off sleep all day yesterday..........stupid sinus pressure!

MRoy
September 13th, 2013, 10:21 AM
I'm usually asleep before 11 pm, but I'm up and down during the night. I may have to start checking in during the 2 a.m. break. LOL!