PDA

View Full Version : To the adorable Johnny Cash

Renate
September 12th, 2013, 11:38 AM
You Are My Sunshine - Johnny Cash with June Carter - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcnNb7Pnmok)

Today we are thinking on the fantastic, adorable, absolutly uniq Mr. Johnny Cash, who passed by 10 years ago and went to his wonderful wife June Carter. Both enjoyed us for so many years with their great unforgetable Music.

Lisapc
September 12th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I grew up listening to him with my Dad. I still think I might have a wee little crush on him!!!!

bdmsmith
September 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I grew up listening to him as well. I love Johnny Cash (and Conway Twitty)

Renate
September 12th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Would you like to tell us, which song you like most or with which song to you have a Special Memory?

Some years ago, my DH and I watched the movie "Walk the line" with Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix, afterwards my Darling bought a guitar and started playing. This is what is his link to Johnny Cash.

And mine: I used to ride horses "western style" for many years and also took part at competitions in the disciplins "reining", "pleasure" "working cowhorse" and "trail" (I don`t know if it is called the same in the States) and during this competitions the speeker always played Music from Johnny Cash. For my Reinings I always asked for "ring of fire" because it helped me with the speed in the circles. Therefor I like this song most!

easyquilts
September 12th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Amen...... Both Jhnny and June were special people.

I've listened too Johnny Cash nearly all my life.... He was unique.

lilmouse
September 12th, 2013, 01:50 PM
"Ring of Fire" is one of my favorites and least liked was "A Boy Named Sue" for obvious reasons! LOL

Lilmouse aka Susie

auntiemern
September 12th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Folsom Prison Blues would be one of my favorites. He was 'one of a kind'. The love they shared was real and rare. God bless them both.

MartinaG
September 12th, 2013, 02:33 PM
I have many songs I love by the man in black: Daddy Sang Bass, The Ballad of Ira Hayes, I Still Love Someone, Sea of Heartbreak, Long Black Veil..... Some of his music gives me the shivers (you know - the good ones).

Suzyq
September 12th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Oh gosh, this brings back so many memories...Ring of Fire was my Favourite. I feel sorry sometimes for the kids growing up today as they didn't have good ole Johhny, Elvis, the Beatles and many more true artists of their time....ditto on the Boy named Sue comment, for the same reason...

MRoy
September 12th, 2013, 06:35 PM
"Jackson!"...."we got married in a fever hotter than a pepper sprout, we been talking about Jackson ever since the fire went out." LOL! DH is the big Cash fan around here. I got him some Johnny Cash CD's for his truck earlier this week.

Gayle Russell
September 12th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Renata, it amazes me, but really shouldn't, that you know of Johnny and June! I grew up with his music. A couple stories....one day I was taking my young daughters to the city park to the swimming hole. When we pulled up there were these very scary, punk guys with shaved heads, tattoos and piercings there. I though, "Oh no, we're going to have to leave, I don't trust them". When I got out of the car, I could hear their music blasting away. It was JOHNNY CASH!! We decided it was okay to stay and swim. :)

I grew up in Wyoming where rodeo was an every day event and a way of life. Every year at our county Fair, during the Grand Entry they played "That Ragged Ol' Flag". To this day, it still brings a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat.

Gayle Russell
September 12th, 2013, 09:10 PM
How about "Two Feet High and Risin'"; Man in Black; one of my most favorite is "The Wanderer", he and U2 sang this song.U2 AND JOHNNY CASH -- THE WANDERER by U2MIXER - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3YFmpSFJ40)

ilive2craft2
September 12th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I too grew up hearing Johnny Cash. Can't help but sing along to many of his songs. Lots of good memories.

bkthomas
September 12th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash sing Jackson in 1976 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W2ixOBWu0k)

Never saw this before - that I can remember - Priceless!!!!