PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - it's gonna be a great day

Blondie
September 12th, 2013, 06:51 AM

Wake up and grab a cuppa - it's Thursday, Folksies!

Can you believe that I actually got a wee bit of me time in yesterday? As in I actually sat at my sewing machine and hugged her, kissed her and said terms of endearments. Then, sadly I had to say goodbye until later this evening.

Keep waiting for a cool breeze to waft through the Carolinas; I know it is a wee bit early to wish for that. I declare - August was cooler than Sept has been so far. I believe they switched the dog days

Thursday, my back to work day. I am giving my 97 year old Ms. Martin a perm today. She is one of my inspirations. Still sharp as a tack, still drives locally. Although she still drives, I have been picking her up along with another lady who lives near her but can't drive due to vision issues. And I am not sure if I shared with y'all that my dearest friend, Russell is in rehab. He had two pins put in his hip. He is about 45 minutes away and I've been to see him only twice in the past few weeks. I sure have missed my morning coffee buddy.

Folksies, make this a good day. We can't always be in control of what the day brings us but we can be in control of what we say and do. Let's say choose happy and do something about it . . . like SMILE more often and think happy thoughts.

Blessings, hugs, prayers for each. Please remember our special ones who have to sit on the sidelines right now due to health reasons - particularly our Sandy and Jan Luna. Missing their love and warmth here. You should really send them an ecard or a pm in capital letters.

Blondie

MRoy
September 12th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Good morning Blondie! You've got a wonderful message today. I don't have anything planned for the day. There is a promise of rain in the afternoon so it might be a good day for a nap. Sending prayers and good thoughts for those who need/want them.

twnkeyes
September 12th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Good morning Blondie or should I say afternoon? We are in France and it's 1:23 pm, lunchtime over here. My husband and associate are on business and I'm being a tourist! My you rise early Blondie, 4:51 a.m. is what your post says! Tomorrow we head to England to visit with my mother-in-law for a few days then home to Texas. I am enjoying this cooler weather I can tell you! Long sleeves, a jacket, jeans and a scarf, of course, I'm in France! Texas won't heed this type of clothing for another month and half if that. I'll enjoy it while I can. We're in the champagne district and I do love champagne! It's cheap here and very good. Have a wonderful, blessed day everyone!

Monique
September 12th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Good morning. I finished one of the totes I made (will get a picture) and started making another one. These are for an auction we are having in October. Brain is on overload thinking of all the things I want to get on my trip. Only 5 days left. This weekend is salsa making weekend with Greg. I may get some Jersey time in there too. I made 6 jars of dill pickles night before last. That is about all for me.

Missing Sandy and Jan, prayers going out to all in need.

Have a great day everyone.

Iris Girl
September 12th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Good Morning all. Hope everyone has a great day. Yesterday was way too hot and humid for me. today will be slightly better. It was 92 here in the afternoon yesterday please make the heat go away. we had a lot of lightening and some thunder and wind no real rain though. I had a nice class yesterday it was good to see the girls back they were all happy to get back to our classes. Real work for me today. well wishes and hugs to all that need and want them.

aliaslaceygreen
September 12th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Good morning! (where do I get a coffee TREE!)
Aren't you wonderful, collecting your clients!
Have a great day, and I hope you get to see your friend Russell soon too! Bet he would be thrilled by a visit.

Mpyles
September 12th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Morning all,

I have been hit and miss getting into the forum of late. I just knew that with my vacation this week I would be in more often, alas it is Thursday and here I am. Going thru some personal changes and growing(or lack there of) pains right now. Would appreciate prayers from all who are willing. Who knew growing older, kids moving on could be so painful at times. Prayers for sandy and jan Luna, hoping you get better soon.

Everyone have a great day!

MayinJerset
September 12th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Hello everyone, Just opened the window and a nice a cool breeze came in, better turn that AC off as it has been on the past few days of hot and humid weather. DH turned AC on himself, that's how hot it was.

Blondie, You make going to work fun and hope the ladies like their new do's, a little prayer for you friend Russell as well as our 'on the sick list' pals here.

Getting my project ready for next week's retreat. I'm not staying long this year, just Friday and maybe a bit on Sat. morning. Our Challenge Quilts showing is on Friday night so I won't miss that. Some of the gals who can't make it this year are sending in their Challenge quilts so there will be quite a few quilts to vote on. Most of the gals make really intricate quilts but mine tend to be quite simple but it's fun to do. Off to finish getting project ready and need to think of something for dinner. May

Mom23
September 12th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Good Morning All,

Blondie, you are so good to your peeps. They are fortunate to have such a caring friend.

I am going to sit with a friend in the hospital about an hour away from here. BUT, before I go I am going to go to Joanne's. I got money and gift cards for my birthday yesterday and it's burning a hole in my purse. I couldn't sleep last night I was going through my mental list of everything I wanted to buy.

Have a great day!!

Blessings,
Robin

Lisapc
September 12th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Good morning all!

No big plans today just life. Post office, to the Dr's for a prescription refill and then Walmart. None of those are my favorite places. Then I will pick some more tomatoes and herbs and make a sauce for dinner. The Peter's have been craving it. I am missing my Kora and Lillyana and don't see a way to see them until next week. Yuck! They are just so fun and it is so good for Lil' Peter to have them around.

I am sending prayers to all who need them, those who don't know they need them and our friends. Have a great Thursday everyone!

WendyI
September 12th, 2013, 10:29 AM
I am home today feeling a bit under the weather....stinks BUT means I can lay in bed and try and catch up in here in between naps. I think I'm just burned out. Work went from a complete standstill to complete insanity and then School started and well life has been hectic to say the least. Fall is not a fun time of year for me and I look forward to January every year. Not a great way to live I'm realizing...really must try to smile more as Blondie reminds us daily. I have been missing you all so will try and get caught up!

Hoping you all are having better weather than we are here...LOTS of humidity and rain...been a wet summer and my gardens are insane! Off to try and catch up with y'all now. (((((((HUGS)))))) to those who need them.

toggpine
September 12th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Today we are headed to the state fair. My brother will be taking my daughter on the rides while I look at quilts and things. The two of them have been looking forward to this for weeks.
When we get home then I'll have hay to move out of the trailer. Whoo hoo. We'll be going back to pick up some straw for winter bedding, but that'll only be about 30 bales. I feel better knowing we have all of the hay in for the year.

You all have a great day!
Hugs, Cathy

cyndiofthevortex
September 12th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Except for the kids next door I am home alone today! I love days like this. There's so much promise in what I might accomplish. I've picked up the house and cleaned the kitchen, so the rest of the day is mine, mine, mine! I've begun cutting up a new jellyroll I got as a DD and am going to make some simple nine-patch blocks. Remember that one that sold out by 9 am? I got it - one of the perks (maybe the only one) of being awake in the night. It's beautiful and I'm going to enjoy playing with it today.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! I'll pray for those of you who are under the weather and healing up from things both mental and physical. You guys are all precious to me!

auntiemern
September 12th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Always have a good start to the day when waking up to one of your smiles. Don't know what today will bring. Just happy to be alive and free. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need, especially those that don't realize how badly they need them :)