PDA

View Full Version : TGIF for March 18

Blondie
March 18th, 2011, 06:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/holidays/ThinkSpring.jpg

Good Morning Ladies
Have already kissed the big man bye bye, had the dog out for her morning romp and now I need to feed the kitty and tell her how special she is - right after I get off here that is. And then off to work.

It is supposed to get to 80 here today! I am thrilled by that. But next week will be chilly again. It is almost SPRING! YAY!

I didn't get any sewing done last night. Luscious and I both played with Gracie and that wore this old couple out. What a ball of energy that wee one has. I think she is growing on hubs. Keep your fingers crossed. Since I am so gaga over this baby girl, he is finding her more acceptable I think. I am going to purchase a small harness and lead to start her "training" for obedience stuff. She is housebroken, good thing. I just want her to know her basics especially COME so I don't have to chase her down. She thinks everything is a game. Just like a little kid. Okay, enough of that. I know I am getting ad nauseam about her.

I received an order from MSQC yesterday - I had ordered 2 charm packs of the Victoria line. Absolutely gorgeous. I am planning on using them in my Civil War blocks that I am soooooo behind in. I may even order a few more. I love these fabrics! Thanks Natalie, Sara, Jenny, Al and everyone else behind the scenes at MSQC for making our days more fun.

Have a great day, ladies!

Onetiredmomma
March 18th, 2011, 07:10 AM
I'm sorry I've been MIA recently. We've been so busy around here and I just haven't had time to Internet play at all. I leave for a conference this afternoon. So preparing a house for my departure has kept me busy. Have a wonderful weekend.

suzette58
March 18th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Good morning. We are supposed to hit 77 here today. I am hoping to "sneak" out of work a couple hours early. Tonight is my guild meeting. I am just about finished the baby quilt for my neighbor. I have to sew on the label and that will be it. Then it's back to my neice's Disappearing 9 patch. I don't have a timeline to get that one done. It's not a birthday gift. Just because. Then I have to start her twin sister & brother's quilts.

Have a great day everyone.

Monique
March 18th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone. Thank God it is Friday. The weather here should be relatively warm today 10C and I think that's about 50F (not sure) but my it is certainly windy today.

Today I take my granddaughter home. She has been a pleasure to have but I will be glad for some quiet quilting time. I have tried to keep her busy, yesterday we did the museum thing. It is a 3 hour drive home so I am spending the weekend. We are going to the sugar bush tomorrow. Will bring home some maple syrup for sure.

Well y'all have a fantabulous weekend.

Monique

patticakes
March 18th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Happy Friday!
Feeling lots better today probably due to the fact I actually slept last night as this cold dwindles away. Very much looking forward to the weekend! Thanks to my BF for doing a little clean up and laundry duties while I was sick, I don't have a huge amount of cleaning to do tomorrow before I can "play" with my sewing! Hope to take a couple pics of what I've been working on. I love to check out all the albums on here now that Al has made it alot easier!
Talk at cha later....
Patti

LynneLeavell
March 18th, 2011, 11:15 AM
It's suppose to be about 80 here in Georgia. Looking so forward to it. Glad everyone is doing better. Got a busy weekend ahead. Hope to enjoy some of the nice weather. Everyone have a great day.

Lynne Leavell

Sandy Navas
March 18th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Good Morning, all my wonderful Quilty Friends!! In the 40's here but oh, it does feel much better than the 20's or 30's.

Blondie, I had to laugh about LL and Gracie. I brought a stray cat into our house years ago and Al had an tissy fit. So, I went out to put up signs all over the place. When I came back home I caught him on the floor, petting the cat and making sure the scrawny little thing was licking cream from a bowl. Go Figure - they just don't want us to see them when their soft spots are showing.

Patti, get better - SOON and don't worry about all the housework and cleaning. It can wait.
Monique - looking forward to tasting that wonderful maple syrup. How long does it take to clear customs?
Suzette - I'm writing a note to your boss saying you look a bit peeked - and need to leave early.
Lin - enjoy your time away from us. We're sending warm thoughts.
Blondie - we're looking forward to seeing your Civil War blocks - you can share early.

Al is going to be gone for the weekend so I'll be sewing. For those in the Wild Thing swap I've posted a picture of my disappearing 9-patch - only have 24 more to do . . . and I'm going to try to get the top on Zoe's new quilt all finished so I can put it on the frame and start quilting. I have another quilt cut out and ready to go for my 4YO DGD, Rita. Also picked up fabric for a BOM for Al while I was out on Wednesday playing with my little sister. I was good - I only bought material for two quilts. She bought for THREE. She works faster than I do though.

Anyway, I'm retiring to my sewing haven and will see you when I surface for food.

janluna
March 18th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Hello everyone, I talked too Gina today. She said hi to everyone, sorry she is not online but she is packing for her move. And also working with the school for Abbey so the move is a good transition for her. Spring is here and everyone is getting busier. Love to everyone, Hugs, Jan

sewmuchjan
March 18th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hello all my dear folks, spent St. Patrick's Day cooking at the Moose Lodge my 12th year doing corn beef and cabbage!:icon_happy:
I started at 12:00 noon to cook 50# of corn beef for 6:00 pm dinner time, along with all the other goodies that go with it in really Big Big pots!!:icon_happy:
Cooked enough for 50 dinners, sold 45 not bad. We got home about 10:00 pm.
Thank goodness it only happens once a year!!:)
I enjoy doing it. But it is getting tougher and tougher to do the Irish Jig, my heart and head are willing but the old back and hips just don't want to go that way!! :lol:
It is hard to get all 4 parts on the same page!!:icon_rolleyes:
(yes I can do a jig):)
With back surgery and the Arthritis Bros it ain't easy:icon_rolleyes:

Here's to all healing and heather days ahead for you all as of this posting
God bless you all,
Jan Irish Jig G. :icon_wave:

middlesis1966
March 18th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Hi all Im back on the produce wagon, Yahooo!!!!!!!!!!!! My wb count came up in a big way. I also am done with the more agressive chemo and am moving on to the lighter stuff. If all goes well I will by June and hair here I come. Thats been the weirdest part of the whole journey. I was ok loosing both my breast, the hair thing was a bit different. I was weeping, I just had the somethings missing and its not the normal. I hope I will feel better this weekend so I can do something. Tomorrows a new day so I shall see. Have a have sew time. I have chemo brain right now so its safer and easier to just do mindless surfing. Good thing its on the computer and not me wearing a bikini, lol. I dont know if they make a negative nothing top,lol.

sewsoft
March 18th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Hi everyone:icon_wave:

Sandy Navas
March 18th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Hi all Im back on the produce wagon, Yahooo!!!!!!!!!!!! My wb count came up in a big way. I also am done with the more agressive chemo and am moving on to the lighter stuff. If all goes well I will by June and hair here I come. Thats been the weirdest part of the whole journey. .

I am so very, very excited for you!!!! You will LOVE how your hair comes back!! You're a real tough cookie!!

Hugs

janluna
March 18th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Love you Paula. You go girl! You are a very special person and I love you dearly. You are a blessing to all of us. And Sandy's right you will have even better hair than you had before. And the chemo brain will go away. Hugs, Jan

janluna
March 19th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Hi Sewsoft! :icon_wave: Goodnight everyone. Have a blessed tomorrow and sweet dreams tonight. Love you all, Hugs, Jan L