PDA

View Full Version : My local guild experience

Precious1
September 11th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Hello friends. I just wanted to let you guys know that after reading all of your positive post about your quilting guilds, I went on Monday evening as a guest to the first meeting of the season to our local quilting guild. Apparently it meets from September to June. Anyway, it was just wonderful, great and very welcoming. I really enjoyed everything about it. One of the ladies even showed me a faster way to sew my binding. Needles to say, I'm a new member of the Northern Lights Quilting Guild and I'm sew looking forward for the next meeting which is in two weeks. :)

MayinJerset
September 11th, 2013, 06:10 AM
That's Great! So glad your first visit was such a positive one that you joined and I think you made the right decision. Enjoy your guild to learn more quilting and also enjoy socializing with a group who share you interest in quilting.

Lisapc
September 11th, 2013, 10:07 AM
That is wonderful! What was this quicker way to sew on a binding?

Precious1
September 11th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I was thought to hide the stitches so it took me forever. She showed me to do it like how Jenny does it on her binding video. The thing is, when I tried doing it the way Jenny did it on the video, I could see the stitch, I'm not very good at hand sewing. The wonderful lady, showed my, and stayed with me, until I got it. I'm sew happy.