PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday is always a good day to smile

Blondie
September 10th, 2013, 07:11 AM

Hello Folksies!

Wellsir, it's Tuesday once again. It does happen once a week. Unless you are caught up in a Ground Hog Day movie set. Generally I like Tuesdays better than Mondays. I like to think of it as my free day. Generally on Mondays I get all the running done - and answer the phone that rings constantly when I am home. Sigh. Yesterday was NO exception. Let me clarify why. My middle son was planning on coming in Saturday night when he finished his job shift, staying the night, spend the day on Sunday and leave on Monday morning. You may remember he lives about 65 miles away. For almost three years, I only saw him on Holidays because he had no vehicle. We rarely have had the extra gas $$ and my little truck is a 1991 and fit only for put-putting around town - no highways please. In July, he purchased an old junker for 200 bucks. It drove fine for the money, with mileage burgeoning at 245,000.

Saturday night he was planning on being here at about 11 pm. I was planning on feeding him some open face chicken sammies and peach cobbler. He called at 11:15, broken down on the side of the road, halfway through his drive. So, hubs and BIL drove to the location, determined it was the transmission and carried him back here. We noodled on Sunday and decided to sell it to one of those companies that buy junk cars. Logically it would cost more to have it towed here, then who knows how long it would take to save up for another vehicle, leaving it here. I already have one of those, don't need to start a collection of vehicles. Sooooooo, yesterday morning we drove back to the disabled vehicle, and waited for the tow driver. He was given $225. My son was delighted. He got more than he paid for it, got more than his money's worth from it. To continue his lemonade recipe, he even commented that he would enjoy walking again since it would soon be cooler weather. Good kid. I've gotten so spoiled by his visits this last month that I don't know how to handle the abrupt cease. I am studying on how we can get him at least once a month, perhaps twice a month.

Once I arrived back home, the phone continued to ring. I actually put it outside on the deck so I wouldn't hear it ring while I finished the Monday chores. Today I intend to finish a few chores I was not able to complete yesterday and then I want to get in the basement and clean it a bit. I am suffering from withdrawal. I am behind in all my downstairs projects. To be honest, I have forgotten what I was doing before having to move into the new salon. I have been feeling somewhat like I have been running place, getting nowhere. While this is NOT true, because I actually accomplish many mundane things in any given day, week, month - it is NOT what I would prefer to be doing. I fear I am losing my mojo, my desire to sit and sew and in general, feeling overwhelmed.

I know what I need . . . some fresh coffee and a piece of the crumb cake I made on Saturday afternoon (the peach cobbler was gobbled down first by Josh and Luscious).

Friends, have a wonderful day. This is a brand new day, full of opportunities to start over. I will carry my coffee and crumb cake downstairs and start over. Sounds like a plan to me. That put a smile on my face!

bkthomas
September 10th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Enjoy your day Blondie! I think It's time I hit the hay!!!

pcbatiks
September 10th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Good morning Blondie & the rest of the forum gang. Blondie........sounds like you have had a lot on your plate and I don't mean food! :D Hope you will be back in the sewing mood soon. I can relate to sons and their clunker cars...... I woke up very earlier & haven't gone back to sleep..........so I see a morning nap on the horizon.

I found out yesterday that my aunt.........that I made the "Grandma Flowers" quilt for..........was on the "campaign trail"......calling & text friends, showing them the quilt & asking them to vote for it in the online contest. She was so funny........I told her she would make a good campaign manager for someone. I had a fairly productive day........washed & put away a bunch of clothes & worked on one of my SS gifts.........I can't say what..........it's a secret! :D

Hope you all have a great day!

MayinJerset
September 10th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Was up real late last night doing paper work, even stopped in to chat with the night owls. Going to be slow going today but laundry needs to be done. I think like Blondie I need some coffee before I face this Tuesday.

aliaslaceygreen
September 10th, 2013, 08:06 AM
I'm wiped out just reading that Blondie! Tuesday for means head off to the place to do the thing to get the $$$ ....but then, quilting tonight!
The workers should be here shortly to destroy the second bathroom...

and, today, Laylabug is two! Yesterday they went to the zoo and she got to sit in a cage with a real baby tiger..... not too sure abt how I feel abt that, but her momma was happy!

Take care, all!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 10th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Good morning! I went to bed late after working on a sewing project, and got up early to finish it! Mission accomplished!

Blondie, I sure hope your boy can find some good cheap wheels so he can visit his momma once in a while. Maybe some little granny who only drove to church on Sunday has an old bomb to sell, oldie but goodie! My father in law died in 1989 and had his 1960 Chevy Bel Aire boat in the garage with 45,000 miles on it. Some lucky guy got himself a sweetheart deal on that one when we sold it!

Hope you all have a great day!

Lisapc
September 10th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Blondie: It seems like every 4 or 5 years my favorite day of the week changes. It never was a Monday or Friday because while I was nursing that is when you dealt with all of the patients, doctors, families, therapists, etc. in getting ready for weekend care and then cleaning up the administrative stuff that needs to be done regarding what happened over the weekend. Right now I love Thursday's. It is the day I usually have no errands and spend a lot of time sewing. I am hoping that over the next month I can organize my life so that I can spend 2 whole days a week sewing. That would be great!

Kathy: My schedule is as messed up as yours right now. Can't sleep at night and want to sleep the day away. Did that yesterday but not gonna let that happen today.

May: I have already had 3 cups of coffee. Laundry calls me as well. I do fine with the washing and drying it is the putting away that gets me!

Pam: I think it is great your Aunt is recruiting votes, your work surely deserves them.

Trish: Happy Birthday to Laylabug, I think if Mom was in the tiger cub cage with her it was a good experience.

Jean: I wish I could finish as many project as you instead of jumping from one to another all the time. I bow to you!

2 errands on the agenda for me today after I pick some tomatoes. I made brown bread without raisins to go with our dinner last night and although the Peter's loved it because they don't like raisins I really missed them. So today I buy our (my) favorite rotisserie chicken and serve that for dinner. No cooking for me is a real treat.

I am praying for the poor baby Willow and her family. Such a tragedy. Good thoughts to all of your and prayers always!

K. McEuen
September 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM
There you go people. Your morning thread had now been unlocked. I'm not sure who or why it was locked, but I opened it.

Moderators need to be careful of what they have checked when posting.

Bubby
September 10th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Good Morning....I attempted to post once but got caught with the Lock. It's already a scorcher here...it's going to hit 100+ with the heat index. Jeff called off work yesterday due to the heat. He had worked out in it all weekend and couldn't get out of bed yesterday. I expect he may come home early today also.

I'm catching up the laundry and a little housework today. It's too hot to get outdoors and do anything.

Wishing everyone a good day...

auntiemern
September 10th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Good day all. Woke up to the sad news about Willow. Need to finish up DH's quilt, but just haven't done any thing except look at it. Guess I am scared it will make me start hurting again. Kiddo's over night tonight. After I get Bubby off to school tomorrow, will have tomorrow off. Take it easy in this heat every one. Hugs and Blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

WendyI
September 10th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Just popping in to say hi briefly...Blondie, your life sounds very much like my own lately! But then when you work full time and it's busy this is often the way. Work went from boring me to tears to being incredibly insanely busy. I get home at night and by the time we do dinner and tidy up I'm done in. Because I'm on a computer all day the last thing I want to do is head to one when I get home. Fall is always extremely hectic for me and this year with going to Disney it's even more so. Then right after is Christmas which I am always very stressed about. Anyway...hugs to everyone...just read about that poor wee girl Willow and am very sad to see it.

Hope all are well!! Missing you all.

Wend xox

cyndiofthevortex
September 10th, 2013, 01:50 PM
There's the lovely sound of rain on the porch roof here today, which I am going to fully enjoy. DSIL next door served me homemade macs and cheese and grilled chicken marinated in something delicious for lunch. He is a great cook. Am I spoiled or what?

I'm making a name tag for my sweet guild today, a sailboat floating on the waves to represent the Ladies of the Lake Quilting Guild. It's cute, though I'm not so great at applique.

Two year old Christopher escaped the house for a few minutes this morning. He was found in the garden eating tomatoes. It's hard to fault him for that. They have been very good this year.

MRoy
September 10th, 2013, 01:57 PM
...and, today, Laylabug is two!

Happy Birthday Laylabug! My granddaughter, Cady, is 10 today.

Madeforyouinma11
September 10th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Happy Birthday Laylabug and Cady!
Today is 75, cloudy and chance of rain until around 4pm. Is been nice being able to shut off the air conditioners and open doors and windows. I love the fresh clean air blowing through the house.
Today I will be working on the top of the quilt that I'm making for my little Julia. I sewed the blocks together last night and will put it together today. I'll post pics later.
Tonight hubby and I will go to the local church for their last clam bake of the season....yum, so no cooking for me tonight.
Well, I'm off. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Blondie, I hope you figure out how to get him home once in a while, or that he can find another car.
Praying for little Willow's family and friends....such a sad story.