PDA

View Full Version : Sometime it just pays to be OLD

Sharyn J
September 9th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Yes, there are advantages to being old. We get our little 10% senior discount....sometimes. We can be surly and youngsters think we just have dementia! Personally, after all these years, I'm not getting walked on by anyone. I've never been bashful, so no reason to start now.

Some of you may have seen my recent dilemma with the sewer problem. I'm almost done with repairs. The City inspector is vacationing in Bahamas. No problem, the contractor sent him the pics via Iphone. Who wooda thunk?

I spent the day at dad's cooking some REAL food as the stove is still sitting in the middle of the kitchen and the sink & counter top are out on the patio. The water was off for 8 hours and no way could I last that long without a potty run. Upon returning, I crossed my fingers and expected a humongous mess in house. To my surprise, it wasn't that bad. They had cleaned up everything. Now all I had to do was call the insurance agent.........that's when the fun started. He informed me that he "might" be able to show up Thursday or Friday. I informed him differently!
I felt like I was talking to some little kid and I was the big mamma. Anyway, I think I scared him and he had no idea of what to say to the mean little old lady. My contractors should be back tomorrow to put everything back together.

Ain't life grand? Now, if I can just find my sewing machines!!!! Ahhhhhh

PeggyM
September 9th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Go Sharyn. We do get better with age, don't we.

easyquilts
September 9th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Good for you!

Lisapc
September 9th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Good job! I am glad your house is getting back to order. I hope the neighbor has learned to keep his mouth closed as well.

grannyann
September 9th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Good for you Sharyn, as we get older we do get spunky and we earned that the right. Sure hope you get your home back in order real soon.

K. McEuen
September 9th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Something else to throw at your insurance agent - they were probably supposed to put you up in a hotel for a few days since you were going without.

auntiemern
September 10th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Good for you. Sometimes you just have to go there...We pay for a service, and we should expect nothing but the best service for what we are paying.

BellasQuilts
September 10th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Line from Fried Green Tomatoes: Because I'm older and have more insurance.

aliaslaceygreen
September 10th, 2013, 07:55 AM
MIGHT? As in it's Monday now and I MIGHT NOT make it this week at all? Oh honey, AGE has nothing to do with it! That one would have heard it from ME too!
Glad things are pulling together!