PDA

View Full Version : Heat wave

Genny
September 9th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Wow talk about hot, here it is early afternoon and its already 99 degrees here. Walk outside and it just sucks the air out of you. Will this ever end? Hope everyone involved in this has a place to cool off. Genny

Bubby
September 9th, 2013, 04:04 PM
We have had this weather for 3 weeks now...miserable. The humidity makes it so much worse. We are able to stay cool.

Momofmonsters5
September 9th, 2013, 04:56 PM
We were at 60 today, thank goodness we've been at 80, not bad you think? There's no AC in Europe or screens on windows......ugh the flies. I hope you get relief soon!!!

Tanya D
September 9th, 2013, 05:02 PM
I live in Alberta, Canada where summer is about 2 months long, if we are lucky. Our winters are long, cold and snowy. So when we get warm temps, I don't complain about them at all because they are short-lived. However humidity sure changes things. Every now and then we get hot weather with humidity and it sure does make a difference.

Beakkmom
September 9th, 2013, 05:12 PM
We live in Iowa too, and with the drought and heat, our beautiful land looks parched. Hubs took this week off work to work on projects outside. He is drinking los of water, and Im keeping an eye on him.

Genny
September 9th, 2013, 05:43 PM
We live in Iowa too, and with the drought and heat, our beautiful land looks parched. Hubs took this week off work to work on projects outside. He is drinking los of water, and Im keeping an eye on him.

Our leaves have already fallen off our apple tree from lack of moisture. We've had little to no rain since spring. Last year everything died from the drought too. We'll need a lot of snow this winter to help any at all.

easyquilts
September 9th, 2013, 06:18 PM
We had a few nice days, but today it's 90 degrees, with humidity to match.... Typical for the Ohio Valley in early September, I'm reay for fall... Love fall....

Lilly
September 9th, 2013, 06:26 PM
It is only 92 here right now; heat index is 98. I've been sewing in my porch without AC and thought it was pleasant (had a breeze through the windows and ceiling fan) - til I watched the weather. Guess I've finally gotten used to the heat and now by Thursday it will barely reach 70. Man -Minnesota has roller coaster temps.