PDA

View Full Version : Welcome a new week - Monday!

Blondie
September 9th, 2013, 06:37 AM

Happy Monday Folksies!

After a busy weekend, I am getting geared up for a busy day, most likely a busy week.

Nothing much to chat about this morning, so I will read a bit while I enjoy my coffee.

Think good thoughts of yourself and find something that will make you smile today.

Blessings, hugs, and smiles

Jean Sewing Machine
September 9th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Early bird meets night owl! Right here in ths post!

I'm going to a funeral this morning for a musician friend. Her wake yesterday was amazing, there were probably at least 200 peopke in line to greet her family. I waited in line for 30 minutes and the line had only moved 10 feet forward, and we weren't even in the same part of the funeral home where she was laid out! I couldn't stay because I had guests coming for dinner. Both she and her husband were long time music educators in the local public schools, and touched so many throughout their careers. They say "2 teach is 2 touch lives forever". I'm proud to say I taught for almost 30 years. I hope they can say that about me.

Have a great day!

Blondie
September 9th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Jean, you've not only touched the lives of your former students, you are touching the lives of so many here who have learned and are inspired by your energy, drive to excel, and your ability to share knowledge.
Sorry for the loss; it sounds as if she were highly thought of.

CountryHut
September 9th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Morning all ..

gearing up for a fun filled day - back and forth to the groomer for the fur babies - boy are they in need of a bath and hair cut
then it's laundry in between trips - Mondays use to be my day off - don't know what ever happened to that :|
- then I have to get my mind - set - for another Dr's appt for Wednesday morning with the hubby - 2 appts down and 4 more set
the appt for Wednesday is with the Dermatologist - I suppose the appts with the Oncologist - then the surgeon will be next in line for scheduled appts - 2 of the 4 are follow ups - haven't heard any results from the Hematologist - so no news is good news - aye . .

Blondie - girl - your smiles ALWAYS makes smile :) Thank you (((HUGzzz)))*~ --- how is the new shop coming along? . . any new pictures? . .
Jean - Have you ever heard of the poem -- The Dash (by Linda Ellis) -- . . with only knowing you on a virtual level -- I am sure that you have spent your DASH well - and will be Rewarded well

http://lindaellis.net/the-dash/the-dash-poem-by-linda-ellis/

everyone have a wonderful day

MRoy
September 9th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Good morning! Who could look at the pic Blondie posted and not at least smile! What a cutie!! Jean, you're a natural teacher who has touched many in a positive way and who continues to do so.

There was a Poker Run boat "race" on Lake Cumberland Saturday with many high powered boats. It's not really a race but the boats reach speeds way over 100 MPH. Tragically, a boat went airborne and flipped. The two Missouri men in the boat were thrown out and killed. I've had their families on my mind since the accident...a terrible tragedy.

I thought I retired, but I'm back in work mode again today for personnel hearing prep. I'm beginning to get really angry at the person who was fired because they were too lazy to go to work on time and do their job and who is now causing me to have to still work...with no pay. The person doesn't even get to the hearing on time! This hearing started in late July and is going to drag on into October. :icon_angry:

But I've got quilt guild this evening to look forward to! Have a great day!

bkthomas
September 9th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Myrna, I'm sorry to hear that you have this trial to deal with...may that person get their just desserts.
Diane, nice poem! Thanks for sharing!
Jean, you are teaching us all to be better people - wish we all could have been there for your Birthday!!!!
Blondie, you always make me S M I L E!
Now, where is that sleepy Cyndiofthevortex?!!!!

Blondie
September 9th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Myrna, who knew retiring could be such a hassle. I am not understanding why someone quitting would cause you to have to work - is it because you were taking early retirement?

Good morning! Who could look at the pic Blondie posted and not at least smile! What a cutie!! Jean, you're a natural teacher who has touched many in a positive way and who continues to do so.

There was a Poker Run boat "race" on Lake Cumberland Saturday with many high powered boats. It's not really a race but the boats reach speeds way over 100 MPH. Tragically, a boat went airborne and flipped. The two Missouri men in the boat were thrown out and killed. I've had their families on my mind since the accident...a terrible tragedy.

I thought I retired, but I'm back in work mode again today for personnel hearing prep. I'm beginning to get really angry at the person who was fired because they were too lazy to go to work on time and do their job and who is now causing me to have to still work...with no pay. The person doesn't even get to the hearing on time! This hearing started in late July and is going to drag on into October. :icon_angry:

But I've got quilt guild this evening to look forward to! Have a great day!

MRoy
September 9th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Myrna, who knew retiring could be such a hassle. I am not understanding why someone quitting would cause you to have to work - is it because you were taking early retirement?

Blondie, I submitted the request for disciplinary action that resulted in this person being fired in May 2012. State employees have appeal rights when fired and an appeal was filed. With delays and postponements, we are just now in the personnel board hearing and I've had to testify and also be available to provide information to the agency's attorney as needed. I've done this voluntarily to see the matter to a conclusion, but I would have been subpoenaed otherwise.

Blondie
September 9th, 2013, 08:47 AM
What a total bummer. I am hating this for you.

Blondie, I submitted the request for disciplinary action that resulted in this person being fired in May 2012. State employees have appeal rights when fired and an appeal was filed. With delays and postponements, we are just now in the personnel board hearing and I've had to testify and also be available to provide information to the agency's attorney as needed. I've done this voluntarily to see the matter to a conclusion, but I would have been subpoenaed otherwise.

Monique
September 9th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Good morning friends. A quiet day was spent yesterday. I started another Lazy Girl handbag yesterday and worked at it slowly. There are two I want to make for our auction sale in October. 8 sleeps left until I leave to go on my quilt trip, and this coming weekend, Greg and I are having a salsa making weekend. So this week I need to get to city and the market and buy all my tomatoes and such. Can't wait to spend the weekend with Greg. Our friend goes to court tomorrow for DUI and I might just have to go and sit in on this. I have never been in a courtroom, which is a good thing, and I am sure it is not like on TV. I am just going to be nosy. Today I will continue the tote and probably get some laundry done.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

ilive2craft2
September 9th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Good Morning all. Supposed to be 95 here again today - I have a vague memory of fall being cool, but that is not the case this year! Got to run, today will be another fun filled day of work. :)

Iris Girl
September 9th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Morning all, Sorry you have to be inconveinced from retirement myrna, Blondie I always look for your posts they always make me SMILE!! Just another day here, work til early afternoon, then hopefully can go get hubbys car from the garage it needed a repair to pass inspection. So he's using our sons jeep today. Finished my stained glass runner for one of my quilting girls classes yesterday it looks great. Working on quilting the next runner project. Its chilly here this am 47, I love this time of year. Have a good day all. Hugs to all who need and want them.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 9th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Morning all ..

gearing up for a fun filled day - back and forth to the groomer for the fur babies - boy are they in need of a bath and hair cut
then it's laundry in between trips - Mondays use to be my day off - don't know what ever happened to that :|
- then I have to get my mind - set - for another Dr's appt for Wednesday morning with the hubby - 2 appts down and 4 more set
the appt for Wednesday is with the Dermatologist - I suppose the appts with the Oncologist - then the surgeon will be next in line for scheduled appts - 2 of the 4 are follow ups - haven't heard any results from the Hematologist - so no news is good news - aye . .

Blondie - girl - your smiles ALWAYS makes smile :) Thank you (((HUGzzz)))*~ --- how is the new shop coming along? . . any new pictures? . .
Jean - Have you ever heard of the poem -- The Dash (by Linda Ellis) -- . . with only knowing you on a virtual level -- I am sure that you have spent your DASH well - and will be Rewarded well

The Dash Poem official website. Read the world-famous poem that has touched millions. Linda Ellis, Author's Site (http://lindaellis.net/the-dash/the-dash-poem-by-linda-ellis/)

everyone have a wonderful day
Thank you so much for that! I'll have to think about my dash!

CrazyMtnLady
September 9th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Good morning all, it's been a few days since I have been here. I have been really busy, mowing lawn, cutting weeds down that have gotten way outta hand with DH gone. I have burned the brush pile made from all the weeds too. I got his barn/garage a little cleaner, by picking up all the tools that were lying around. At least he will be able to get the bike in there. I will be so glad when DH gets home. He is getting so depressed being gone so long. I think he will be home sometime this week. I told him he doesn't have to take care of everything in the house. Just get the valuable things he wants and come home. Let his step-dad and aunt worry about anything left in the house. I think he is listening to me. I told him if he doesn't get home soon, I was going to hitch-hike up there and kick him in the butt!
I actually got my sewing desk cleaned off and did a little sewing in the last couple days. But it is hard to concentrate on sewing knowing there is so much I need to do outside.

Hugs and prayers to all.

MayinJerset
September 9th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Cool and loving it, makes me want to do so much but today a little sewing, a little housework and a lot of shopping, mostly for food. Not doing too well getting enough food in the house for 3 adults, so used cooking for just DH and I when I cooked a big meal it served us dinner for 2 days. Now that big meal is just enough for the 3 of us so I have to come up with more meal ideas each week. DS is no problem, he's up in his room working from home most of the day, goes for runs - once a week at least 10 miles as he is training for USMC Marathon in DC next month. DH thinks DS drinks too many diet Cokes a day but then DH drinks lots of coffee and tea each day - DH can't even do anything in the garage without taking a travel mug of coffee with him. Like father, like son.

We had a fun guild meeting yesterday afternoon. A previous member who moved to VA was our guest speaker and she is a lively and funny gal. Since her DH was career Army they moved 17 times and she showed us the quilts and different techniques she learned in the guilds and workshops she was involved with over the years. On Saturday she gave a Strada (sp?) Star workshop and the gals who attended showed us their finished tops. She was only in NJ for a year or so but she made tons of friends here.
She like Jean and Blondie has a lot in their Dashes.

Lisapc
September 9th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Blondie: My Lil' Guy made me smile this morning putting on his socks he said, "Mom, your right my toes are cute". Then a gift of 2 books for our reading group and your post. Today has started well and if I keep moving forward it will be a happy day.

Myrna: I am so frustrated for you. I really hope you get to enjoy your retirement soon.

I wish all the rest of you a happy day and prayers to everyone!

cyndiofthevortex
September 9th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Good morning, everyone! When I see a smile on a child like that, I always wonder, "What she's up to?" And as I type, here comes a smiling DGS, over to play with my Lego collection. Only one, though? Where are the other two? I do wish you could all see DFGS Christopher. He has a smile a mile wide every minute of the day. He's better than a cup of coffee to start the day.

In my future today there's some cleaning and sewing and gardening and reading and babysitting. Now if I can just throw a nap in there somewhere it will be just about perfect!

pcbatiks
September 9th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Good morning everyone..........Had a great day yesterday........brought my aunt's quilt to her & she loved it. I posted about it last night.........it helped me unwind a little.........I was "wired up" most of the day! Now I need to catch up on cleaning & get some work done around here...........and then back to the SS gifts. I have ideas.........just need to get them done!

Diane........will be thinking of you & DH today......prayers being sent.

Hope everyone has a good day filled with lots of smiles!

Granny Judy
September 9th, 2013, 11:51 AM
It's good to catch up with everyone today.. as you go about your day. sending lots of hugs and well wishes that all goes smoothly and you find time to enjoy the "flowers" that are in your life. I am well, just in a sewing funk right now. Pushing myself to finish quilting a project. Trying something new and it is not working as smoothly as I hoped. My marking pen (water soluble) keeps disappearing as it dries so the stenciling has to be done right before I sew .... I'm a mark it once and sew it when I find time kinda gal. Well, I used to be..

Yes I tried the chalk and found I'm allergic to it!! Talk about itch powder!! that's what it feels like to me.. and my runny nose and red eyes have finally gone away.

Anyhow, I'm gonna get this one done and think long and hard about doing this method of quilting on another quilt... Just sayin'---

aliaslaceygreen
September 9th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Monday here, too. Laylabug off with her parents on a little vacay, so I have the day off. Getting ready for the workers to come tomorrow to redo the hall bath, so I have been taking the room apart.... Hope to quilt, think it's more likely I will be doing some decluttering...

See the festivities at Laylabug's 2nd birthday party last night!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10202483017740678.1073741825.1351800130&type=1&l=3ce320aa23

Have a great day!

CountryHut
September 9th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Thank you Pam - also with you :)

alliek
September 9th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Blondie Have a wonderful week and give a hug to your mom too. Myrna prayers for the families who are mourning their loss today. Prayers for you also, may this hearing get on and get over with. May the Lord bless us all this week as we remember those who were lost on 9/11.