PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday - Where are all you Night Owls?

cyndiofthevortex
September 9th, 2013, 03:10 AM
You guys are too funny! So far I've been chided by at least four of you for "sleeping in" and not posting the middle of the night post soon enough. Sometimes I'm actually asleep! DON'T wait up watching for me! That sort of defeats the purpose, you know what I mean?

I was just woken up by sudden but short-lived chest pain. I know my heart is fine from past exams, so I don't know what was up with that.

No DD tonight! It won't open. Won't we be mad if we miss something great? We'll storm the castle together.

Here is one of my favorite poems. It happens to be written by my best friend, which makes it doubly great. I hope you all like it.

S. Lester 5/2013

white and soft as a pillow
Wonder Bread
shining purple jelly jewels
on a peanut butter bed
a tall icy glass
of snow white milk
after school snack

will
whole wheat crackers
carrot sticks and hummus
in 50 years
strike the same sentimental chord?

Sew Perfect
September 9th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Yes, Cyndi, we all wait for you. Without your first post, what will we do?

I hope the pain in your chest was only heartburn. Thanks for the poem.

I posted on the other thread why I am up. Here's a bit of good news. My dd, just barely 23, is starting a new job as Sous Chef @ one of the finest spa resorts in our area tomorrow. We were at a dinner party tonight in her honor. While out, dh made sure the Dallas game was recorded. We are just finishing the final minutes of the game.

I am so ready for bed.

Lisapc
September 9th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Misa: Congratulations!

Cyndi: Make sure you get some rest when you can. This is the time of year for weird ailments you know! This is the first night since you said you were going to start a night time one that I have been up. I wish I wasn't especially considering I can't really shop the DD.

Sew Perfect
September 9th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Thanks Lisa. I'm off to lala land now. Praise the Lord! Get your homework done!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 9th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Where are we? Why, right here, of course!

turena65
September 9th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Hello friends!

You guys crack me up :) Yes Cindy, sleeping is profoundly better than starting your night-time thread. I hope you got more than a nap in. Cute poem btw... Makes me want to go downstairs and make a pb&j sandwich right now! (hummus just doesn't seem to strike the same cord..)

Congrats Misa on your DD's new job... she must be a fabulous cook. My DH is pretty good too... his degree is in foodscience, but his mother instilled a love of cooking in him and he almost went to school to be a chef. He pretty much cooks all the meals in our house because he loves to do it. Our house rule though is if you cook the meal, someone else cleans up... the dishes and leftovers that is. I draw the line at cleaning up his cooking messes... :)

Lisa, I sure hope you get your assignment done in time for tomorrow. I hate doing stuff like that. Why? Because it makes me very emotional and sitting there thinking about all the reasons why I love this child or that one gets me all teary eyed thinking about what joy they have brought into my life since they were born. So much to say that I feel like those assignments are just overwhelming... you want it to be meaningful, but not too mushy... you don't want to leave anything out, but you can put too much in... aargh! Good luck with that! :)

I was scheduled to go back to work tonight after having been off for the past few days, so after church this afternoon I came home and took a nap... 5 hours, yes 5 hours (!) later I woke up and went to work only to arrive and immediately be sent home and put on call. What am I going to do now? I just slept half the day away, so now I sit here, reading the forum threads, wide awake while the rest of the house is sleeping soundly... I really enjoyed the thread about keeping a quilting journal. I think I will start doing that. I have pictures of all the quilts I have made thus far (there's really not that many) and I think will use some of the ideas people gave and just post pictures in a notebook with the date, who I made it for and why. I like to keep a journal anyway for posterity's sake, partly because of my love for geneology, and this would just be another fun dimension of that only much more simple. I can't keep track of lines of fabric, but I could probably remember the pattern name and things like why I chose the fabrics and pattern.

I must be addicted to the MSQC site because I found myself panicking that the DD page wouldn't open. Who Cares!?? Well, I do, and a lot of other people do too... and, well, maybe just maybe it was a really awesome deal, or something I happened to have on my wishlist and I've been waiting for it to finally come available... sigh. I need to chillax. It's not the end of the world that no DD is available right now........ AL!!!!

Well girly girls (and guys) I will bid you all adieu... maybe I will go downstairs and watch a movie. I can't do laundry or housework because I've tried that in the past and it wakes everyone up :(
Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite!
Turena

Judy, USMC
September 9th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Just a bit after 4am locally and I'm still up. Looks like I'm the bridge between the night owls and the early birds. Been checking for the DD off and on and it's still not opening for me. Thought it was a problem with my computer!

Time for bed for me. Hope all is well at M* and it isn't a problem that they are having.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 9th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Actually the night owls are hooting right outside my bedroom window! Or are they the early birds, since it is 4:03 a.m.?

MayinJerset
September 9th, 2013, 10:06 AM
I was up til 2 but my eyes didn't want to stay open so I skipped posting. Next thing I knew it was around 6 am. Did watch TV and fell asleep for another hour so that's a lot of sleep hours for me.

DD still won't open, Does that mean we will have 2 DD's tomorrow? I hope so because I am in a fabric buying mood.

Hulamoon
September 9th, 2013, 10:14 AM
It's 3:00 and I'm watching Iron Chef. The poem was sweet Cyndi. It reminded me of a haiku. I got into a serious debate one time where the person said that they weren't poetry. Well I got an A in creative writing for mine, so there you dumb twit. lol

I think I will start on Christmas stockings after my insomnia nap :)

Sheena
September 9th, 2013, 01:16 PM
I was up, of course. It's 7 am when it's midnight over there. I get to see the DD first! :)