PDA

View Full Version : Happy St Patrick's Day - Thursday

Blondie
March 17th, 2011, 07:02 AM
http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad128/porabb/HOLIDAYS%20AND%20EVENTS/41454.jpg

Good Morning Ladies and happy St Paddy's Day.

Happy to be up, kicking and chasing Gracie the energetic chi chi. I have work this morning, thankfully first client is a good looking silver fox named Ron. Very Kenny Rogers before all his surgeries. He and his lady friend have been a fixture in our lives for years. Never misses one of our BBQ's or any other function we hold. He plays a mean guitar, too.

This afternoon when I get home I intend to go to the basement and do more than feed my kitty, Dinah. I intend to sew a few blocks, in between holding that little furball. Gracie is good company but she'll never be my kitty.

Great to be back among the living - also fun to read about the how old are we thread. A very good getting to know you better ice breaker.

How many do traditional Irish cooking on this day?

Have a good day, Ladies.

quiltingtrish
March 17th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Top of the morning' to ya!
Getting some extra hugs from Odie here and then off to Lancaster. Will be sure to get some photos.
Hope you all have a super day!

hugs,

Lisaau
March 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Good Monring Blondie or maybe l should say good evening to you its 11.36pm thursday night here in australia. I wanted to ask you where do you get all those amazing graphicsa you use all the time.???? Love Them

Take Care

Shirley
March 17th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Glad you are feeling so much better! Have a great day.

debinmalaga
March 17th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Happy St Patricks Day, all! It's a sunny day here in NJ. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

patticakes
March 17th, 2011, 10:26 AM
May the Irish hills caress you,
May her lakes and rivers bless you,
May the luck of the Irish enfold you,
May the blessings of St. Patrick behold you!

Happy St. Patrick's Day from Chicago where the local tradition is dying the Chicago River green!

Sandy Navas
March 17th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Good morning everyone. Not much time here - gotta rush. I spent yesterday quilt shop hopping with my little sister - we hit three shops and both of us spent more than we had intended. I brought home fabric for two quilts and she out-did me by finding a great sale and buying 5 yards of a wild animal (green and yellow jungle print) fabric that she's going to do a OBW quilt from. It will be spectacular, I am sure. She's so persnickety - more than I ever could be and does spectacular work!! I'll share more later - I have to catch up to my sister - she went home and made blocks from her treasures and I came home and took a nap.

Hope everyone enjoys the GREEN for today - perhaps it will carry on to my yard. I want to be out mowing.

sally
March 17th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Top of the mornin to you my friends. As a lass of Irish descent married to an Irish man this is a fun day for us. I will wear my irish shamrocks socks with my uniform...:lol: and I made Irish Creme cookies this morning. I also found this and thought it would bring you a smile. Have a wonderful "green " day today!

janluna
March 17th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Good one Shauna. I love those Irish prayers. I am Irish too. Not 100% but I prefer to claim my Irish side any day of the year. I so want to visit there one day. Have a wonderful day and think Green! Hugs, Jan

shawnan
March 17th, 2011, 12:47 PM
It's a wonderful St Patrick's day here. I had a wonderful serger class on Tuesday - got some great ideas going on in the head now. Yesterday we had a wonderful road trip: got my glasses fixed (whew won't do that again), got a haircut, did some shopping and found some things I didn't know I needed.

It is nice to see that some who have been feeling under the weather are feeling better. Hurray!

Today, is the annual Military Museum Corned Beef & Cabbage fund-raising dinner. My-Man is out at the Legion chopping, chopping, chopping up several cases of cabbage. When he gets home mid-morning, he says there will be over 30 roasters cooking all kinds of good stuff.

We have a Lenten Lunch today at noon, and then we get to go back for that yummy corned beef dinner for supper. Hurray, another no-cook day, although I found a yummy recipe this morning that I am dieing to try. Tomorrow, tomorrow is only a day away. (do I sound like Annie?)

oh, and I should be able to do some sewing all afternoon, and this evening because My-Man has a meeting to go to.

Nancy

Blondie
March 17th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Hi Ladies
What a bright and happy day to be Irish if only by the wearing of the green!
Went down to see Mom and she looked better than me.
I didn't cook corn beef/cabbage tonite; I normally plan my meals for a week at a time and since I haven't really been to the grocer's, well let's just say I stopped and got corn beef subs. Not as good as my corn beef but sure kept me from cooking or buying a complete brisket.

Lisa, I get my graphics all over the web. I am a horrible thief I suppose but since I don't snag to sell, I just save to my hard drive. Sometimes I get neat fwds with great pics and will also save those to my hard drive. Then I use my photo program and add words, etc. For this forum you need to have a photo sharing site like picture trail and photobucket. (to insert in the threads - not your album site) I use both picture trail and photobucket. They each give you a certain amount of much free space. I also used to frequent some forums at Delphi Forums where they make signatures and graphics. One, I can't remember the name of, ran classes a few times a year in the "how to make graphics" dept. I will try to remember that one if you are inclined.
I ran a website for several years up until last summer actually, and was always on the net prowling for copyright free images as well as learning some HTML and a bit of CSS. If you think you want something old fashioned looking, google vintage St Patricks Day Greetings or Retro Birthday Cards, etc. You will find a plethora of great images.
Sometimes these images just fit my mood, if you know what I mean! I have a few discs full of images I've collected over the years.

Nancy, hope you got some sewing in this afternoon ~ sounds like your day was packed!
Jan and Shauna, I love Irish "prayers" too. I just read this one to Luscious and he giggled pretty good.

For you Pennsy gals on your way to Lancaster, have a blast! I wish I was there, too! Wah Wah Wah!!!!!!!

Off to play with Gracie and then if I am still up to it, sew a block. It is so pretty outside I really want to play with the doggie until dark. I only need a SWEATER! Thank you Lord God for such a lovely day!

Later chickies

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/queenofdiy/greetings/occasions/st-patricks-day/2009.gif

janluna
March 18th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I love you Blondie!!! Hugs, Jan

EsGrandma
March 18th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Love those graphics!! Thanks Blondie, you start our days with a smile!