PDA

View Full Version : Feeling blue today

cyndiofthevortex
September 8th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Have you ever had one of those days when all you can think of is all the stupid things you've ever said and done?

I'm having one of those days.

I'm still keeping my avatar sunny but I feel like it should be a rain cloud instead. Pray for me?

ilive2craft2
September 8th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Praying. If you need a reminder of good things you have said and done - go look through your posts here on the forum. You have always been kind and supportive. Hope your grey clouds break up quickly!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 8th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Yep, in somewhat of a funk myself today. It is thundering and raining out, matches my mood right now.

cyndiofthevortex
September 8th, 2013, 11:11 AM
So sorry Jean. We're two peas in a pod today. Anyone want to join us with some jokes and funny stories to cheer us up?

MayinJerset
September 8th, 2013, 11:18 AM
This could bring a little laugh to some. 55336

GrammaBabs
September 8th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Hey gals!! want you to know that I envy you both so much... many of my days are the "grey kind"... I come here often to lift my spirits, but sometimes I am left feeling more down cause' I WISH I could be more like Jean and Cyndi,,, Sandy and Blondie and so many of you that fill your lives so fully... So you see,,, it's all in the eye of the beholder... this is just God's way of helping you "re charge".... this is a good day to read or perhaps cook/bake.... me.. i'm going to sit at the pool with a few GF's... it's the last day before they close it... it's our GF place...this begins the season of Holiday prep....for most of us...As my Dad always said...."We're not here for a long time..........we're here for a GOOD TIME.... be well dear friends... i'm thinking of you!!! Barbara

Slokarma
September 8th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Yes, I have those days and I thought I was the only one......

(One thing I know for sure is that I'm not the only one at anything!)

Sometimes I can only try and make peace with myself and then be a little kinder to the next person I meet.

and then turn on an episode of THE GOLDEN GIRLS....:0

BellasQuilts
September 8th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Hugs from me to you...

Sharyn J
September 8th, 2013, 12:28 PM
The sun is just coming out here and I will send some sunshine your way. I guess we all have those funky blue days. I try to remember those whose life problems are so much worse and that usually snaps me out of a blue mood. Sending hugs and smiles. :icon_happy:

MRoy
September 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Cyndi, the sun gets blocked by clouds sometimes, but we know it's still there for us. The same goes for you, our MSQC forum sunshine gal. I hope the clouds over your spirit lift soon. Jean, the same goes for you. ((((HUGS)))) to both of you.

Lisapc
September 8th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Here is a funny for you!

Lil' Peter came down stairs this morning as Dad and I were watching the remake of that cop show with Officer Friday, the one with Tom Hanks and the other guy.

Lil' Peter grabs his morning milk and climbs up for his cuddle with Dad. The scene in the movie comes on and it is a stripper on a pole wearing a thong and pasties. He covered his eyes. Dad and I smiled at each other as Dad was reaching for the remote to change the channel. All of a sudden Lil' Peter covers Dad's eyes too! He says, "Peter why are covering my eyes, I am trying to find SpongeBob for you". Lil' Peter says, "I am a child and shouldn't see that naked lady, only grownups can see that". Dad says, "I am a grown up". Lil' Peter says, "Dad your married, that's different, you only get to see Mom naked now!" Dad laughs and says, "well how come you aren't covering Mom's eyes?" Lil' Peter says, "well, Mom has those girly parts cause she is a girl and her boobies are way bigger anyway."

I am still chuckling over the seriousness of their tones of voice during this conversation and how far hubby's jaw dropped after that last comment. Out of the mouths of babes!

easyquilts
September 8th, 2013, 12:37 PM
You got it! Those "blue" days can be hard..... It helps to know that this, too, shall pass, and you will feel like yourself again soon.

Claire Hallman
September 8th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Try watching this video, it will make you smile for sure https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1412622142295007
How could you not?

Jean Sewing Machine
September 8th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Cyndi! Sending you hugs, my dear friend! I have nothing to feel blue about, but still the feeling lingers. It is a delayed reaction to my daughter moving away and a big birthday without much of a celebration. No cake or forest fire of candles, guess I should be happy that I didn't set the house on fire!

Mom23
September 8th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Aww Jean, not even a cake? I didn't do a darn thing yesterday. I should have driven over and celebrated your day with you.

Cyndi! Sending you hugs, my dear friend! I have nothing to feel blue about, but still the feeling lingers. It is a delayed reaction to my daughter moving away and a big birthday without much of a celebration. No cake or forest fire of candles, guess I should be happy that I didn't set the house on fire!

Lindagie
September 8th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Did you celebrate the BIG one? If I had known I would have driven over there with a cake.
I knew that DH and I should have done something outside yesterday as it was a beautiful day. Today is rainy. We sure needed the rain, so no problem there, but I am afraid it will get hot and steamy now. Maybe I am in a funk because it is Grandparent's Day and no one acknowledged it. Oh well!

Genny
September 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Cyndi I think we may all have these days, hopefully tomorrow will be a better one. Hugs , Genny

cyndiofthevortex
September 8th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Thank you all for caring about me! I'm happy to say I feel much better. I called a friend, we went to Marden's and I bought a bit of fabric. On the way I told her how I was feeling. She said I was right, that I do say and do stupid things and thank God I do. Who could stand me otherwise? She reminded me it's part of the human condition and that I should stop beating myself up about it.

I found the perfect back for my Shadow Box quilt and it was only $2.99/yard. Isn't that crazy? I also found a great neutral, a creamy white with thin gray lines running through it. I never saw it before and loved it. That was only $3.99/yard. I bought four yards of each.

She treated me to a cheeseburger and fries on the way home.

When I got home I took a nap, then had a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

That cloud over my head is gone.

KathieB
September 8th, 2013, 04:45 PM
You went to Mardens without calling me??? :)

So glad you have a friend that made you feel better. My friends have been telling me the same thing. Thank God for all our good friends!

auntiemern
September 8th, 2013, 05:00 PM
So sorry you gals are feeling blue. Jean, I really feel bad for not even checking to see if you had any plans for your big day. I am so sorry.
If you want a big smile, check out this video. You can't help but smile at this little girl :D

cyndiofthevortex
September 8th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Marilyn, there's no video link. Can you add it?

Kelly F
September 8th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Hey there Cyndi!

Sorry that you are having a bum day! I was having a good day until I was on my riding lawn mower driving pass our garden. (We share our garden with my parents in law because his Mom didn't want her own garden. But she keeps meddling in the garden. ). So back to driving by the garden... I had 4 pots of patio corn. The bugs had gotten to the corn husks, so I told everyone that I will save what was there for decorations. But it is all gone and the buckets are sitting aside empty... I ride pass the refuse pile and my corn is torn into pieces and mixed in there. What in the world? Then I noticed a section of garden where I HAD Black-eyed Susans is GONE.. I keep riding and a big round wash tub that had sunflowers in it is GONE. Looks like the dirt was dumped but my sunflowers and washtub were hijacked. Lol... I complained to hubby.. He says he will talk to his Mom. Ohhh boy.. Hubby made me an afternoon margarita and started running me a shower. That worked, feeling better.

Take advantage of one of your favorite either drink, chocolate or dessert.. And do something for yourself.

I hope you are feeling better!

Kelly

auntiemern
September 8th, 2013, 05:30 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=466982266742807 sorry bout that, lol
Marilyn, there's no video link. Can you add it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp0h3Naccos for those who don't have FB

bkthomas
September 8th, 2013, 06:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp1KVPkrimQ

Whenever you feel blue just go to Youtube and type in Ellen....

Judy~Ann
September 8th, 2013, 07:45 PM
OH My gosh ...... That Gladys was a hoot

Lisapc
September 8th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Hey there Cyndi!

Sorry that you are having a bum day! I was having a good day until I was on my riding lawn mower driving pass our garden. (We share our garden with my parents in law because his Mom didn't want her own garden. But she keeps meddling in the garden. ). So back to driving by the garden... I had 4 pots of patio corn. The bugs had gotten to the corn husks, so I told everyone that I will save what was there for decorations. But it is all gone and the buckets are sitting aside empty... I ride pass the refuse pile and my corn is torn into pieces and mixed in there. What in the world? Then I noticed a section of garden where I HAD Black-eyed Susans is GONE.. I keep riding and a big round wash tub that had sunflowers in it is GONE. Looks like the dirt was dumped but my sunflowers and washtub were hijacked. Lol... I complained to hubby.. He says he will talk to his Mom. Ohhh boy.. Hubby made me an afternoon margarita and started running me a shower. That worked, feeling better.

Take advantage of one of your favorite either drink, chocolate or dessert.. And do something for yourself.

I hope you are feeling better!

Kelly

Kelly: You deserve a big drink and to live much farther away from your MIL.

Kelly F
September 15th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Hahaha. That is the truth! Ohhh boy that is the truth Lisa!