PDA

View Full Version : I may be a day late

Lonna
September 8th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I may be a day late and a dollar short but last night I used Jenny's new binding tutorial and I love it. This is the first time that my corners laid down nice. Love it! love it! Thank you so much Jenny.

yeeehawterri
September 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I tried the binding on a baby quilt and for the life of me could not figure out how to line the strips up correctly so they wouldn't be twisted. Tried 3 times, decided I was going to ruin my binding and wound up doing it my usual way. I'm going to keep on working on it so I can wrap my mind around the correct way, just not on something I'll be giving as a gift until I figure it out! I know it's simple, I just feel so dense that I can't figure it out.

Lonna
September 8th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Yes I did twist it the first time but got in on the second try.

Lisapc
September 8th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I tried the binding on a baby quilt and for the life of me could not figure out how to line the strips up correctly so they wouldn't be twisted. Tried 3 times, decided I was going to ruin my binding and wound up doing it my usual way. I'm going to keep on working on it so I can wrap my mind around the correct way, just not on something I'll be giving as a gift until I figure it out! I know it's simple, I just feel so dense that I can't figure it out.

You were simply having a brain cramp. Sometimes the easiest (according to everyone else) thing elude me. Then there is that moment where it just clicks. You will get it. I used that method for the first time this week and love it!

Joan@DebtofGratitude
September 8th, 2013, 12:56 PM

I did it the first time and it was perfect. Like a miracle! Then I did it the second time (yesterday) and it was twisted and I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. (I was tired, so who knows.) Anyway, I'll try again and hopefully figure out what I did wrong the second time.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 8th, 2013, 02:19 PM
I did it for the first time and it was perfect. It is simplicity itself! Great technique! I saw three different teachers demo it within 2 weeks! Funny how that happens.