PDA

View Full Version : Tired and sleepy but still awake!

cyndiofthevortex
September 8th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Wow wow wow! My Xanadu jellyroll came yesterday, and I am not disappointed! This was the DD last week that sold out by 9 am. There are some perks to being up in the middle of the night! I love it and have a nine-patch and four-patch quilt all planned out for it. I think I'll need another one. How long before the same DDs come around again? I'm always secretly thankful when the DD is something that doesn't tempt me. It makes willpower unnecessary!

First Patriots game this afternoon. I just might try to set my sewing machine up in the living room so I can do two of my favorite things at once - watch Tom Brady win football games and sew to my heart's content.

I finished "Round Robin" by J. Chiaverini today and am off now to read the next one, "The Christmas Quilt." Loving these books!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 8th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Your followers (aka fellow insomniacs) were waiting for you about an hour ago! Glad you could check in to the group meeting! I had a horrible nightmare that woke me up! I dreamed I turned 70! Oh wait, that was reality, it happened yesterday! No, I dreamed a tornado was coming and I was working in a high rise buiding and was trying to escape it. FAIL! My heart was racing for an hour after that!

cyndiofthevortex
September 8th, 2013, 04:27 AM
I had a horrible nightmare that woke me up! I dreamed I turned 70! Oh wait, that was reality, it happened yesterday!
Too funny, Jean! A hearty laugh is a good thing when you're up in the middle of the night! Glad to see your sense of humor is still alive and well, even at your age.

easyquilts
September 8th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Yes.... We have got to have some fun while the world slumber all around us.... Although last night I took an Ambien, and slept until The dogs wanted out.... Around three something. I'm hoping for a little extra sleep now.

Sew Perfect
September 8th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Glad you could join us, Cyndi. Jean, that's some dream! I've been tossing and turning and don't know why. I finally took a Mallintonin (sp); I hope it works.

We went out with another couple this evening-a nice time. Those books sure sound good. I'm thinking i should begin reading them.

Well, i think i may actually get some sleep now. Good.

turena65
September 8th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Hello ladies!

I just arrived home (it's 1:25) from a fun-filled day in Portland with my youngest daughter who is 15. Had dinner with my parents to celebrate dads Birthday, then before we came home Natalie asked if we could see the new 1D movie since it won't be coming to our little town. Of course I relented, but it wasn't over until 1130 and we had a 2 hour drive home! 1D is the hip new boy band from England (aka One Direction) and my daughter and every other little girl on the planet is obsessed with them. My mom said it reminds her of Beatlemania back in the day...oh to be young and impressionable again! For me, it was Shaun and David Cassidy and Donny Osmond ... :)
I watched football earlier today too Cindy, only for us it's the Oregon Ducks... here's hoping they can make it all the way this year :)

Jean, you crack me up...70 is NOT old! And you have more energy than most people I know! There is a woman who is in our department at work.. she is a Labor and Delivery nurse. Her Birthday is next month and she will be 77 years old. No joke. Let me tell you what, that amazing lady can work circles around any of the other nurses that work there...myself included! I don't know what exactly I'll be doing when I'm 77 but it sure as heck better not be working full-time!

Sandy and Cyndi, I sure hope you guys can work out your insomnia issues...there is nothing worse than walking around sleep deprived. I sure get grumpy when I don't get enough sleep, my family can attest to that! :)

Well...get some sleep friends...goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!
Turena

MayinJerset
September 8th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Don't know if anyone is still up as it is almost 5am. No nightmare like Jean had to wake me, just needed to make a potty stop. Was up around 12:30 but everyone must have been in bed trying to sleep so I went and emptied the dishwasher, made myself some hot chocolate and went to watch tv. Saw the first few minutes of a movie and awoke to see the credits. I'll hang out here for awhile to see what's been happening with everyone and to see if anyone else is up.

This afternoon I have a guild meeting, haven't been to one in a long while so I think I'll show my face this afternoon. Former member who moved out of state is our guest speaker and I know we will have a lot of fun as she has such a warm and friendly as well as funny personality. I will get to show my latest quilt at Show and Tell. Don't usually get to do that because I give most of my quilts away as soon as they are completed.

Hulamoon
September 8th, 2013, 05:56 AM
When I was a baker I had to be at work at 3:30 am. Now I'm up all night because even after all these years I can't shake off that schedule. If I get more than four hours I'm lucky. Does melatoian really work? I hate taking drugs.

MayinJerset
September 8th, 2013, 06:02 AM
So HulaMoon, Why don't you bake a cake like you used to. Just kidding. That thought passed my mind because I was thinking of making some muffins for tomorrow's breakfast and decided against it as the aroma of baking muffins would wake DH and DS up and then all three of us will be up. Probably we'll be having some tea or coffee and eating the muffins, LOL!

Andrea F
September 8th, 2013, 06:51 AM
I could join the insomnia club too, except for me being approximately six hours ahead of most of you. I have been up until five a.m. and was tossing and turning in my bed until six. We had some thunder and lightning and lots of rain this morning and my son was sneaking around in the house. He tries not to wake anybody up and doesnīt turn the light on when tiptoeing around in the house at night but it drives me crazy when I hear the stairs squeak and there is no light and I donīt hear any doors.
Unfortunately I had to get up at ten because we are expecting visitors today. This is going to be a loooong day. Four hours of sleep is not enough.

mamaquilt
September 8th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I feel so sorry for all of you. Insomnia must be terrible. I have a bad night when I drank too much water the day before and then I have to get up during the night. Usually I sleept like 8 - 9 hours straight.

Right now DH and I will be going for a walk, as it is not raining at the moment.

Learner quilter
September 8th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I feel sorry for all who can't sleep. I only have sleepless nights if I have something on my mind, otherwise I could sleep anywhere, anytime, and often do. Zzzzzzz

Sew Perfect
September 8th, 2013, 09:54 AM
When I was a baker I had to be at work at 3:30 am. Now I'm up all night because even after all these years I can't shake off that schedule. If I get more than four hours I'm lucky. Does melatoian really work? I hate taking drugs.

Yes, Melatonin really does work. It is suposed to be natural.

I've been awake for about and hour thanks to my little dog, but slept like a log once I was out. Yay!

MayinJerset
September 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Don't take anything to make me sleep as I rarely have trouble falling asleep, my problem is I don't sleep long enough. Control my HBP with meds that have a diuretic in them so after a few hours I wake up to potty and have had just enough sleep to feel a bit rested so I don't fall back asleep easily. Sometimes my knees ache so I take 2 Advil and that usually helps me get back to sleep once they kick in. Also wake up feeling hungry and try hard not to eat anything so that struggle keeps me awake also. Glad I have the computer to while away the middle of the night hours talking to others or just catching up with emails, Facebook, etc.

Mchelem
September 9th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Melatonin is naturally formed in the brain, but its production is inhibited by light- it can only be formed in darkness.

If you take it in pill form and sit in the sewing room with the lights on, it won't work lol.

Sew Perfect
September 9th, 2013, 01:54 AM
I have taken it twice, both times at night and just before turning the lights out. I went to sleep rather quickly. I didn't know that about the lightness vs. darkness, but it explaines why it works on me and not my DH since he sleeps during the day. I learn something new every day.