PDA

View Full Version : Sat. Daily Deal & Video of Cat - What a Kick!

JCY
September 7th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I just read today's DD & watched the video of the cat flushing the toilet. Did I laugh! What a naughty cat. I would ban that cat from the bathroom. I wonder who taught him to flush the toilet in the first place, or was he a smart cat & learned from observation. One good reason to leave the toilet lid down. I would hope the cat isn't strong enough to lift the lid.

I was tempted by the swirl jelly roll, but since I just splurged on a new sewing machine, I'm using restraint. I also will have added expense b/c my walking foot & Sew Steady Extension table don't fit the new machine. I'll have to buy new ones. Also the bobbins are different & more expensive. I'm headed to the store for the orientation class to learn how to use my new machine. JCY

grandma nurse
September 7th, 2013, 03:19 PM
My Sew Steady Extension table didn't fit my new machine either, so I made a template with paper of the new size, then transferred to poster board and tried it out for the fit. I then took my poster board and taped it on the sew steady and since the new one was a larger opening, I was able to re-do and use my original table. I went to our local lumber yard and they cut the opening for me. I had to hand sand the edges, but it is a perfect fit. I also had to cut the legs down. So glad I did this, felt like money saved.

shannonsaulter
September 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM
I see the DD is sold out and that's ok I haven't sewn in over a month and its so hot here right now I don't think I could stand being in my room at this point anyhow..at 10am it was already over 90+ degrees...BLAH!

Enjoy that new machine!

Pandabear
September 7th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I had to get the Swirl DD... I just bought the layer cake in this pattern last week. It's just so pretty!

JCY
September 7th, 2013, 07:56 PM
I ordered a new extension table today. It will take 3-4 wks., esp. if one is not in stock & they have to make it. The store will allow me some $ on my old one. Maybe they can sell it with the machine I traded in when I bought my new Opal. I had to buy a new Viking-specific walking foot, as the old generic one did not fit the new mach. Also had to buy a surge protector for the computer. The dollar signs are adding up. But...sewing & quilting is what I do. I don't smoke or chew or go with men who do! :) It's something I can do at home & be "present" with my hubby, since he is in declining health. Your "fix" for your ext. table is more bother than I want to mess with. I'm not sure how you'd attach & use the Supreme Slider on your table. At least now that I have the walking foot, I can proceed with some quilting. I have a string quilt ready, but I needed the foot to secure the edges before doing FMQ. On to the quilting! :) JCY

easyquilts
September 7th, 2013, 08:41 PM
That gorgeous jelly roll called my name around 1am or so.... I KNEW it would sell out, so... I hit BUY NOW. can't wait to get it.

The Swirls layer cake was a joy to work with.... Those saturated colors get to me every time!

Lisapc
September 7th, 2013, 11:16 PM
I passed on it today because I got it the last time it was a DD. It really is so saturated with such vibrant colors and yet not too bright if that makes since.

I am waiting for my new machine and it comes with it's own extension table which is a blessing. I am sure there will be unexpected expenses but they are not always avoidable are they?

Enjoy that machine, did you name it?

Hulamoon
September 7th, 2013, 11:31 PM
lol that was too funny!

I have the charms and use them on small projects like coasters. One day I hope to get a layer cake. I have too many jelly rolls right now .