PDA

View Full Version : So Tired....

easyquilts
September 7th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Last night I don't sleep at ALL. Just couldn't do it. By the time I realized I wasn't going to sleep, it was too late for an Ambien.... I did finally doze a bit this morning.

Thank goodness for the Forum, and SCRABBLE.

The only good thing was that I was able to order the DD as soon as it came online.... The title of my thread about that looks goofy, but you have to consider the situation.

I can't wait to get this DD. it wil only be my second jelly roll... The first was a Collections for a Cause.. Warm, I think. I still haven used it..... The strips are hanging out.,willy nilly, in a basket. They look so pretty.

Definitely not doing much today.... Though I want to work on those cute HST's I made using Jenny's method. It took a little practice, but once I realized that all I had to do was cut through the seem intersections in the corners, the HST's came out much more even.

Going to have another up of my husband's great coffee.....

Bubby
September 7th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Jenny's method really makes HSTs quickly. Remember though, that the edges will be on the bias, which means they will stretch easily. Be careful when you are pressing - press using an up/down motion. You should be just fine!

Lilly
September 7th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Get yourself a little "Trazadone" from the doc - its just less overlasting than Ambien and you can take more or less depending on the circumstance. I'm impressed that you can sew in that state. Maybe its time for a PJ day??

easyquilts
September 7th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks... I'm trying to be careful with those bias edges.... Thanks for the reminder of how to press them. I sometimes forget.

easyquilts
September 7th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Good idea.... The thing about Ambien is that you really do need to take it WHEN YOU GO TO BED. It doesn't make you sleepy, you just go to sleep....suddenly.

A couple of years ago, I accidentally took an Ambien with my regular meds.....and then drove to work. I knew I wasn't driving right, but couldn't stop myself. When I arrived at work, I parked, very crookedly, staggered out of my car, and saw that the driver's side mirror had a hole clean through it..... To this day, I have NO memory of what happened...and it must have been significant, to create that through and through hole.

So... I am very careful with that stuff.... But, I do intend to take one tonight. Or I'll never make it to church in the morning. That happened last Sunday, because I didn't sleep Saturday night.mm