PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Hellos

Blondie
September 7th, 2013, 08:04 AM

Hello Folksies

I am late late late this morning. I've been up awhile, just got carried away on pinterest and reading some threads here. Talk about time flying. I also convince myself that pinterest is time well spent. I do stay away from there for days and weeks on end because it IS a big time suck for me.

I am planning on a pleasantly busy weekend. Normally I don't even get online from Friday afternoon until early Mon a.m. - most of you already know that. Family time is always precious to me. Lately, all of our work and play schedules have been thrown to the winds and we never know what's coming or going.

I will try to get a little nap in today - my middle son is going to come and stay the night AGAIN and won't be here until close to midnight. If I can make it that late, we can sit out on the deck, get caught up on the week and have some cocoa. I am so tickled that he has been able to visit us so much recently. I have seen him more in the month of August than I have in the past three years. He lives not so far away - perhaps 65 miles - but he did not have transportation and has been walking to work for 2 of those years. His current vehicle is older than dirt but it is running. Josh has been so homesick - this has been good for him to come home for short visits as well as for me. Moms know that each child holds a special place in their heart and there are never a favorite, just a different relationship.

Enjoy your weekend folksies!
Many blessings, hugs, prayers and SMILES from me to you.

shermur
September 7th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Mornin', sweet Blondie! Wow, your Middle son kind of sounds like my 24 yr old son. My son had car trouble a couple of years ago and has been walking to work ever since. Your evening with him sounds close and classic; I love those kind of visits.

I have a dog adoption event today; I sure hope the pups get an hope to find their forever homes. I also hope to get in sewing room to re-organize and work on a couple of projects. I still have high hopes to make it to the last day of Fall Festival at MSQC; I also have high hopes that I will "rate" the long-arm quilting lessons at a local shop to finish all of the children's quilts before Thanksgiving.

Lonna
September 7th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

So good to see you this morning Blondie enjoy your Mother/Son time. I know I am enjoying the time that I am getting now since Amber made the choice to walk away from her abusive marriage.

Well it is another work day here but I do get off today at 2 and plan on finishing up a jellyroll race quilt. It has been awhile since I have finished anything and looking forward to crossing another project off my list.

Have a great day my friends.

Ginny B
September 7th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Good Morning Blondie. Happy Saturday. :) Beautiful morning. A bit chilly and my allergies have been kicking in a bit the last few days but beautiful nonetheless.

DS #1 will be coming back out here this morning -- mom will be going in to pick him up. He doesn't have a car right now so since the dog needs to come with him, we need to pick him up. But he is doing much better - his depression doesn't seem to be as bad. In fact, I would say he is markedly better. But we still need to get his motivation moving a bit more. He seems fine when he is around other people but when he gets back to Brooklyn, it wanes. So, I have become "tough mom" and have been getting on his case a bit. He said he appreciates it because he knows he needs it. While the drives back and forth have been taking a toll on me, the times we have in the car on those trips have been great for conversations. I am thankful for them.

So true what you said about relationships with your children Blondie. Definitely no favorites -- just different relationships. Enjoy your visit with your son.

Oh, almost forgot --- dh and I saw an amazing thing last night. There was a rocket launch (unmanned to the moon) last night at 11:27 from someplace in Virginia and they said we might be able to see it. Well, we did! I made dh stay up to see it and he said it was worth it for sure.

Happy Saturday everyone

MayinJerset
September 7th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Good Morning Everyone, Nice sunny but chilly day. Seems to be a Mother/Son day today. DS#3 lived thousands of miles away in CA but he's relocating back to the East coast, presently staying with while he looks for a house. He has a good running car or at least it was before he drove cross country with it. He's been busy with work and today running in a 5K with some of his running friends. We haven't had a heart to heart yet just waiting for the right moment.

I belong to the HeartStrings online charity group and our Sept/Oct challenge is to make black and white string blocks, tops or quilts. I finished a lap sized one with bright yellow accents and began another set of blocks with a pink accent. Really going through my black and white stash and cleaning out all the odds and ends strips and pieces, next are the larger scraps that I'll cut down into strips. I don't have a big stash but do have lots of small pieces and scraps that I've been saving to do something with, well I'm finally doing something with them. Hope I get a good photo and post it here before my posting time runs out.

Sorry can't seem to load the photos, will try later.

ilive2craft2
September 7th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Good Morning everyone! How come when I can sleep in (like today) I am up before the alarm would have gone off on a weekday???

I am so thankful that last week is over......it was busy to say the least. I was so busy at work this week that my sister did all of the appointments and running with mom - I met them at one doc appt. Thank God for my sister - I don't know what I would do without her.

On top of busyness at work and all of Mom's stuff, the kitchen and bath remodel are slowly moving along. We finally have a room in our house that slightly resembles a kitchen. We have cabinets! The shower stall has been tiled and grouted and there is a vanity installed. Counter tops have been ordered, so we are slowwwly but surely getting to the finish line. Still no interior doors in the house except for our bathroom door. Have been living in a construction zone for 6 weeks now - the dust and dirt and "stuff" is just everywhere. I try to keep it slightly under control, but it doesn't seem to matter. I know once the project is done, it will be worth it.

Off to the sewing room - I have got to get the borders on the nieces quilt and get it bound, so that I can start another project!!!!

Hugs and prayers to everyone!

dwil23
September 7th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Good Morning, all!

When I walked to my car this morning, I couldn't help but feel that fall is just around the corner! It was so nice. The flyer I got in the mail from Dunkin Donuts advising me that pumpkin coffee is back is calling my name. Maybe on my way to work tonight. I will need a treat since it looks like I will be flying solo. One coworker on vacation and the other went home early this morning very ill.

Blondie, I agree about each child being a different kind of relationship. My girls are both ridiculously jealous of their oldest brother - "Mom's favorite" as they always say. And the younger brother is "Mom's second favorite child". I don't bother to argue with them anymore. I have always been able to say that Stephen was my favorite oldest son, Stephanie my favorite oldest daughter, Courtney my favorite youngest daughter and Corey my favorite youngest son.:icon_bigsmile:

Speaking of favorite youngest son - when I was talking to him on the phone about weekend plans (he stays with his dad and stepmother during the school week) - I told him to call me after practice today and I would come and get him. Then, he said "Mom, you don't have to come get me, Judy won't need her car - I will drive myself" YIKES - that hit like a ton of bricks - my baby has his driver's license and can drive himself. Of course I knew it, but just hearing him say it like that really threw me off balance!

Sherri - good luck with the adoption event today. Our puppies and Mom are all adopted now.

Sounds like everyone else has a busy day ahead - stay safe and be blessed!

MayinJerset
September 7th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Hope it works this time, made photo smaller so I hope that does the trick.55210 Did it!
This is the black and white string quilt I mentioned in my earlier post. May

Bubby
September 7th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Good Morning,

I'm listening to the trencher digging up our yard as I write this. Jeff is getting ready to run utility lines to the garage he will be building. It's really hard to get people to come to your home and work around here, so when they show up before sun-up you pour them a cup of coffee and let them chat until they can see to work! Dottie is totally upset that there are men in our yard making big noise!

I see a quick trip to Wal-Mart later this morning...then perhaps I will be able to get a little sewing done.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend....I may be offline until Monday or Tuesday. Hugs, Barb

Mom23
September 7th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Good Morning All,

I've spent the morning drinking coffee and watching deer outside my kitchen window. Fall is in the air!!

Last night I decided to organize my sewing room a little bit as I had just been piling up fabric. WOW! I better get busy sewing. My stash might have gotten a little out of control.

Blondie, I like the way you say you have no favorites, just different relationships. My boys say my daughter is my favorite. Of course we are closer, she's a girl. It may appear she is my favorite because we spend more time together. If my boys enjoyed shopping I would spend more time with them.

My youngest son got in a little trouble last weekend so he will be coming home from college every weekend for awhile. It was so good to have him home last night. We watched a little tv together and talked, until he started watching a movie I didn't like, then we parted ways. I'm hoping we become better friends now that we are forced to spend more time together.

Have a great weekend. Today is a day of prayer in the Catholic Church. We are supposed to be praying for peace in Syria. I will be praying for peace in Syria, but also for all my forum friends in need of prayer.

Blessings,
Robin

JCY
September 7th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Is this a String Quilt or a Summer in the Park? It looks like SITP. I like the yellows, blacks, and grays. I have some similar fabrics waiting to be made into a quilt. It's very nice. JCY

MayinJerset
September 7th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Is this a String Quilt or a Summer in the Park? It looks like SITP. I like the yellows, blacks, and grays. I have some similar fabrics waiting to be made into a quilt. It's very nice. JCY

This is a string quilt. I love to make string blocks as it is a no brainer and very relaxing to just grab a strip and sew it on with having to worry about seams meeting and all that other quilty stuff. Working on a second one and that will be fun too. Have to say there have been times when I matched fabrics closely, made sure every strip was exactly the right size and that all the seams met but the past few days I've needed to just go with the flow. May

toggpine
September 7th, 2013, 12:40 PM
The rain and thunderstorms seem to have passed. The sunflowers are finally putting on some blooms and the plants are so tall. This is the first year we have been able to grow more than one or two. I think the moles got them as baby plants. We'll dry the heads and let the chickens have tasty snacks during the winter.

Off to make the rounds on the farm and then I need to scoot into the P.O. and run an errand in town for the neighbor.

You all have a good day.
Cathy

Mpyles
September 7th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Good Saturday morning everyone!

I start a nine day staycation today! Yay!! I have no plans other than spending a few days with my mom and an out of town old family friend. Gonna do some flea markets I think. Dd is gonna come home next weekend and not work so we can spend sometime together.

Blondie so glad you get to see more of your son. When my children are far from me, I feel as if a piece of me is missing.
Donna, glad your some will be home as well. Robin..the lord works in mysterious ways...perhaps this is his way of helping you and your son to form deeper bonds....if you tell him that he would prolly balk at you..lol!

Well I am attempting hexagons...so off I go!!

Everyone have a great day!!

kensington
September 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Good morning, just came in from sitting on the deck having coffee with the hubs, and loving my roses! Sat down and pulled up FB, found the new M* tutorial and ain't that stinkin cute!! I love that envelope quilt. Would make a lovely wedding quilt too! Sew easy!

MayinJerset
September 7th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Robin said, "Blondie, I like the way you say you have no favorites, just different relationships. My boys say my daughter is my favorite. Of course we are closer, she's a girl. It may appear she is my favorite because we spend more time together. If my boys enjoyed shopping I would spend more time with them."

What's the mother of 3 boys to do when none of them ever spent time with me shopping? Know what? The solution was to have 8 DGDaughters! Boy we have done plenty of shopping for Bday gifts, special occasions, sleep overs and trips in US, Canada and England. Still not the same has having a daughter but it's good. Now that they are older, 17 to 31, their Bday gifts tend to be checks. Did go Back to School shopping with 17 yr old DGD and her 13 yr old brother a few weeks ago. DGSon picked the first thing he saw but DGDaughter tried on many, many outfits before chosing two - Grandma vetoed the very, very short dress with a plunging neckline. The other outfit was a really cute skirt and top and most of all they looked very good on her and were very age appropriate. Don't have opportunity to shop with other DGDaugthers, some married, engaged, working, in college but we do get together for lunch when they are in town.

PS: I love Jenny's new Tut - the envelope block is cute and easy, what's not to like?

Lisapc
September 7th, 2013, 12:58 PM
My DD says that my son is my favorite. I told her that he is 8 and she is 22, that automatically makes him far more likable but don't forget I do like both dogs better than you. She laughs and tells me I am a b**ch. She is a young, grown married woman with 2 kids, my son is in the 3rd grade. Built in different relationship.

I slept very late, 10:30 am. I woke up about 8 times during the night, I think I was cold and worn out from the week. I am waiting for Kora to arrive and then we will all be heading out to the garden to dig for potatoes. I am very curious to see what grew. We planted blue ones and I am not sure anyone will eat them.

Have a wonderful day ladies and prayers to all!