PDA

View Full Version : My Poor Laura...Poor Me!

Sew Perfect
September 6th, 2013, 04:29 PM
I was sewing along last night, just practicing on some quilting after taking a Leah Day class online, when my machine started acting up. It started sounding poorly and began eating my fabric. So I opened her up and cleaned her out, and boy did she need it too. Once I did that, I did a test run with her open to make sure everything is turning and sounding good. It did. Once I closed things up, threaded her needle, and began sewing again, her teeth immediately began eating the threat and fabric again. :icon_cry: After repeating the process several times, I noticed the little pads which go between her teeth were missing. Shoobies...It's about time she goes to the shop for a check-up and maintenance anyway.

Although, I will have withdrawals from her, I have a good back-up, but it just won't be the same. Tomorrow, my beautiful Laura will be going to the shop so she can come back to me like new all over again. :icon_wave:

My Dear Laura, how I will miss you. But, I will be sure to caress you once again once you've returned to me.:icon_hug:

Gayle8675309
September 6th, 2013, 04:30 PM
I hope that you are only separated for a short time! Soon she will be back good as new!

pcbatiks
September 6th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Isn't it amazing how much we miss our machines when they go to the doctor! :)

bkthomas
September 6th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Awww.....Misa, I feel your pain! You must be sew blue!!!!

PeggyM
September 6th, 2013, 09:35 PM
It'll be okay, and she will love you for it :)

Lisapc
September 6th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Poor Laura, she will return quickly and as good as new!

Sew Perfect
September 6th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Well, I have an update for you all. While Laura is to the Dr. for her check-up, my back up is having issues with what I think may be the tension. Who knows???? It's been so long since I've sewn with this machine, that I can't even remember how to use it properly! I've only been using it for embroidery. I don't know why the bottom thread isn't turning out the way it should. I was putting on the binding for the baby quilt I sold, and wouldn't you know, I've had to do the whole binding by hand. I am beside myself because I have to sew! Without my machines, I really have no life. So, I've decided to only work on hand work for now. Oh well. This is what I get for having 2 machines that have never once been to the Dr. and I've been sewing pretty consistently since Spring of 2010. I guess, it's a clue for take Laura in for more frequent check-ups and to make sure my back-up is also in good working order.

If anyone can tell me what I need to do to fix the bobbin thread issue, which is knotting, gathering, and stitching loosely, please let me know. If not, well I don't know what I will do.:(

bkthomas
September 6th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Misa, I had to re-read that first part.....I thought YOU were having problems with your back!
I am no help for your issues but maybe you will get a laugh from this and ease your tension! :icon_razz:

PeggyM
September 6th, 2013, 11:34 PM
I had a problem with my bobbin thread doing the dragon tooth thing. I rethreaded the bobbin and the top thread and it was fine. I've had this problem with other machines, so maybe it's a matter of re-syncing.

Sew Perfect
September 7th, 2013, 12:29 AM
I had a problem with my bobbin thread doing the dragon tooth thing. I rethreaded the bobbin and the top thread and it was fine. I've had this problem with other machines, so maybe it's a matter of re-syncing.

Peggy, Thanks. I will try rewinding the bobbin. Hopefully that will work.