PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE PRAY....

Bubby
September 6th, 2013, 04:04 PM
One of our beloved former tenants just lost a long, hard battle with cancer. He called us last week to say goodbye and to tell us he loves us. He also asked me to sing at his funeral.

I used to sing professionally in recording studios and as a back-up singer when I lived in Las Vegas. I haven't sung in years and polyps in my larynx make my voice weak and hoarse at times. Singing at a funeral definitely is not entertainment or a performance...it is to bless and comfort those grieving the loss of a loved one. In light of this, I am considering singing Amazing Grace and The Old Rugged Cross.

I'm missing a few teeth at the moment due to having old dental work replaced. The missing teeth are not in the front, but I have trouble speaking with all this going on in my mouth. Please pray for me and this situation. The service will be next Monday or Tuesday....arrangements are being made today.

Thank you.....Barb

Jean Sewing Machine
September 6th, 2013, 04:22 PM
I know you will do well, Barb! Will the funeral be in Cuba? I was just there Monday for a memorial service for a lady who lived around the corner from your apartments.

Bubby
September 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Jean, No, it will be in Viburnum or Doe Run I think. This friend is a former tenant of our apartments in Cuba. We do have a tenant in Cuba who is battling cancer and he recently was placed on hospice.

Gayle8675309
September 6th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Oh how sad. I'm sorry that you have lost your friend. I'm praying that you will have an easy time singing at the funeral. I'm sure you will do wonderfully.

Sew Perfect
September 6th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Will be praying for your voice and for the words to come out beautifully.

easyquilts
September 6th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Barn... I know your gift of music will mean a lot to the family. I sing too,so can appreciate your concerns. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.... Let us know which day the service is.

I love The Old Rugged Cross..... You never hear it anymore but it is still a great hymn...

Monique
September 6th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Sorry for your loss Barb. You will do just fine.

lilmouse
September 6th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Will keep you covered in prayer....and hugs

quiltingtrish
September 6th, 2013, 05:10 PM
So sorry for the loss of your friend and what a honor he asked of you. I will pray for your voice, I am sure it will be beautiful.

Hugs,

HandsOffItsMine
September 6th, 2013, 05:13 PM
(((Barb))), we're sorry for the loss of your good friend. We'll pray that angels will be beside you to help you sing for your friend and his family.

Much love and hugs, Ruby and Don

Lisapc
September 6th, 2013, 09:47 PM
I am sorry for your loss and I know God will be with you to sing this soul home. You will do just fine and I am praying for you.

EsGrandma
September 6th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Praying for you and know that the good Lord will be there and give you an amazing voice - love the hymn, The Old Rugged Cross

ilive2craft2
September 6th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Oh Barb, I am so sorry. I can't hear Amazing Grace without crying - it was sung at both of my Grandmother's funerals, but is also brings a smile through the tears. The Old Rugged Cross is a favorite of my mom's, so it may be used for her when the time comes. Will keep you and his family and friends in my prayers.

MRoy
September 6th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Barb, I believe that God will bless your voice and you'll sing beautifully. I love both songs that you've chosen.

PeggyM
September 6th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I'm praying, too. The singing comes from your heart. My granny said a song is worth 10 fold the spoken word.

kelliedi
September 6th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Barb You have been given a honor to be personally asked to sing at this mans funeral. God and the angels will be by your side to help honor this man. Prayers are being sent you way.

bkthomas
September 6th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Prayers always Barb.......God Bless.....

sewbizzy
September 6th, 2013, 11:40 PM
So sorry for your loss, Barb...I know God will guide you when you sing as your former tenant requested...Hugs and blessings...

GuitarGramma
September 6th, 2013, 11:44 PM
I know what it's like to suffer from vocal problems. I will most definitely pray for you.

What an honor for this man to ask you to sing for him one last time.

mom4him
September 7th, 2013, 12:26 AM
What a blessing to be asked to do this. I sang at my mother's funeral. God held me up or I would have been a puddle on the floor. You will go great because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
Praying.

BellasQuilts
September 7th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Bubby, my husband has sung Will the Circle Be Unbroken. I love that song and it might fit. Hugs to you. Whatever you sing will be well received and appreciated.

KathyCrofoot
September 7th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Amazing Grace is one of my favorites. Nearly everyone knows it. I'm praying that your voice will be strong. All praise is music to HIS ears.

MayinJerset
September 7th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Barb, I believe that God will bless your voice and you'll sing beautifully. I love both songs that you've chosen. I do too Barb, You will sing like an angel. May