PDA

View Full Version : TGIF -

Blondie
September 6th, 2013, 06:40 AM

Hello Folksies

Hope you have a fantastic Friday and even better weekend.

Blessings and smiles

MRoy
September 6th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Good morning! I'm on the road again today traveling back to the state capital. Yesterday was a long day, I left home at 5:30 am and got back at 6:30 pm. Today's session starts later...I just hope it doesn't go later in the evening too. Happy Friday everyone!

Bubby
September 6th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Good Morning,

The Girls got us up super early this morning wanting to go outside. They came right back in and went back to bed.

Yesterday was a real busy day for me but I got a lot done. Today is going to be an easy day for me. My goal is to get the borders on the tomato quilt and piece the backing.

I finally made the pressing board I've been talking about....so far I love it. It's 24" square and the perfect size for the end of the sewing table. It was quick and easy to make. There are more details and a link to the instructions in my blog (below).

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday....

carrie liz
September 6th, 2013, 07:54 AM
We are visiting our daughter who started chemo treatments yesterday. We are in the RV so we were able to bring our toys with us. Waiting to hear how the treatment went was stressful. I handle that best when I have sewing to take my mind off the stress. I worked on two projects I brought with me, a disappearing 4 patch and scrap blocks. On both of them I am learning how to press seams open and still match the seams properly. Both get bulky when the seams are pressed to one side. Today we take her to the clinic for a shot and pass a Hancocks on the way. Susan wants to stop and shop. No telling what we will find. I have made her a hat and a scarf for when her hair falls out. Maybe they will have a soft knit we can work with for other head gear.

dwil23
September 6th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Good Morning,

Finally got my sailboat quilt all pieced and pressed last night then realized I needed warm and white, not natural for it, and didn't have it - so off to Joann's. Got home and managed to get it all sandwiched, but was out of steam, so it is waiting on me. I am getting together with my sewing friend today, and I really want to get the FMQ done before I go, so got to get a move on. Checked out Jenny's new tutorial - another one for the list.

Also, a prayer request please. Last night I heard my youngest DD call me and I heard fear in her voice. She discovered a lump in a lymph node in her dogs neck. She is a vet tech, and knows what that can mean. Last April she lost the dog love of her life to cancer. We went through four months of sheer hell with treatments and ups and downs, not to mention thousands of dollars I will be paying for three and a half more years. This little guy is also very special to her, and I have said many times that God sent him to us when He did, because I don't know if Courtney would have gotten through loosing Dash without him to keep her going and smiling. He is just one of those goofy little dogs that always makes you laugh. Please pray that it is nothing serious.

Have a Blessed day everyone!

Monique
September 6th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Good morning friends. Les & I had a great anniversary and a great staycation. There are still a few things I want to see in our Nation's Capitol. We stopped at a mall and I bought myself a quilting calendar for 2014. My kids can never find it at Christmas time. To bed early last night. I have laundry to do today. Chilly morning to start. We had frost warnings last night. 11 more sleeps until my quilt trip. My wishlist is really growing.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

MayinJerset
September 6th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Brrr, it is cold this morning. Not complaining because I love cool sunny days but should have closed the windows last night as the house is so chilly.

Buddy, great ironing center just the right size too.
Carrie, Sewing does help keep our stress levels down, hope all goes well with your DD's chemo, and
Donna, Hope the little guy is OK.
Monique, Glad you had such a nice anniversary staycation.

Sewing room is calling me this morning, so I think I'll got up there and put the borders on the black and white string quilt I've been working on this week.

Mom23
September 6th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Good Morning All,

I work early today so I went to exercise class. My arms are so sore now I can barely lift my coffee cup! That means I am very out of shape..

I'm going to get a little sewing and laundry done this morning. This afternoon I have been invited by a friend to lounge in her swimming pool. I look forward to an afternoon of hanging out. Hubby informed me this morning he has a function tonight and I don't have to cook dinner. Woot woot!! My first thought was "I can sew all night!" It's a good day.

Have a wonderful weekend and be safe.

Blessings,
Robin

Gayle Russell
September 6th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Good morning all! I'm with Blondie, TGIF. Last weekend I was on call, last night I was on call, add to the equation my 3 year old grandson who lives with me, and I have been very busy! But I have been able to squeeze in a little sewing and quilting. I have started a new kaleidoscope quilt. I've got all the pieces cut, now time to piece them together. I can't wait to see what the blocks will look like! Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Lisapc
September 6th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Myrna: I wish someone would remind them you are retired. I really hope it ends soon.

Bubby: My dogs wake Peter up in the morning if they want to go outside and lucky for him they will sleep late. They are night owls so they tend to keep me awake late at night because it is cool outside and want to play. I love your pressing mat. Since I made mine I wonder why I have never had one before.

Carrie Liz: I am praying for your daughter and your whole family. It is great that you can be there for her during this hard time.

Donna: You are close to the finish line and I can't wait to see your sailboat quilt when you are done. I am sorry to hear about your daughter losing her dog and now having another one who is sick. Gut wrenching and I will pray for you all.

May: Hubby got up at about 3 am to close all the windows. Me, well I just cuddled up next to him to stay warm. I am grateful he did close them because the house is still on the cool side. I love black and white and look forward to seeing your quilt.

Robin: Have a wonderful day. We are planning our last day in the pool tomorrow. I will hopefully be digging for potatoes before the GD shows up and drags us all into the pool.

Gayle: I really want to do a Kaleidoscope quilt but am chicken. I just saw the mirror thing for auditioning fabric for one. Someday I will do it but in the mean time I can't wait to see yours.

I got the squishy from the black and white charm and strip club yesterday. I was so excited that I started the Jelly Roll Race right after my DS did his homework. It is about 1/3-1/2 done sitting on my machine right now. Then this morning I realized I left a load of laundry in the dryer. Wrinkles! So I wet a towel and put it in the dryer and dried them over to get the wrinkles out. I will finish that today so I can decide what color I want for the flowers I want to applique on it.

Fridays are not my favorite day. I try to clean the house spotless and make sure I have no errands for the weekend so I am usually pooped out before the weekend even starts. Today I decided that I am cleaning but not doing a deep clean until Monday. We'll see how that works out.

Wishing you all a wonderful and laugh filled day today!

auntiemern
September 6th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Good morning all. Donna, will keep DD and her fur baby in my prayers, Carrie, keeping DD in my prayers also. Wow Blondie, I think that is the shortest morning post I have ever seen from you. Not mush happening around here today. I have the concert with the girls tonight, so I will go pick up a few snacks to take with. If not the youngest GD could end up costing me well over $200 just keeping her satisfied for the 6 or 7 hrs we will be there. The child is a non stop eating machine. She eats very healthy though. Not a lot of junk. She must have very high metabolism, and is a bundle of energy. Not an ounce over weight, and solid muscle. That being said I am really looking forward to seeing Dierks Bently and Miranda in concert. I have seen Miranda one other time. I am going to try to get the binding started on DH's quilt. That's about it for me. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

toggpine
September 6th, 2013, 01:43 PM
My husband is coming to realize that a 20 pound box of pickling cucumbers makes A LOT of pickles! That'll learn him. I'm off to finish up tidying up Em's room from the makeover and then to see what can be done with the dining table and sewing room.

Lord, grant me patience. Hubby's week of vacation is almost over and we can settle back into a regular routine around here.

Hugs, Cathy

cyndiofthevortex
September 6th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Hello everyone, Lots of need for prayers today. I'll go over the list as the day progresses and say ones for those that are listed here and throw in some extras for the ones that didn't get written down. We are all going through one kind of struggle or another.

DH is going away for the weekend. I am going to make another Shadow Box quilt while he is gone. I hope it is as effective as the first one. It will be completely different as it will be done in low-contrast fabrics. I decided I needed a new project to keep me occupied while he's gone.

Other than that, more play time with the DGSs. Wish the DGDs would come to visit too so I could play with all 6 grands at once! There is nothing like being a grammie.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend full of peace.