PDA

View Full Version : How my day started.....

Klasien
September 6th, 2013, 05:50 AM
I have this on my FB as well but here is the English version......

It is a beautiful day and I left this morning on my bike to the drugstore, in full sunshine it was wonderful.
I bought my things I wanted and went to the checkout, I had 5 boxes of detergant and toiletpaper.
The lady at the checkout asked me: " Do you need a bag?"
I answerd: "Yes please, I am on my bike so I need some for the boxes detergant please" (how do I spell the laundry soap word ;) Is it with an e or a..)
She said: " Oh I am afraid that it is not going to work, we can only hand out 1 bag per custumer and this will not fit into 1 bag."

I was speechless..............

But the sun was out, it is a beautiful day, and nobody get's my mood down today, so I did the best thing I could and kept my mouth shut.......took all the stuff and some in the tiny bag she gave me, the rest I put in the bags on my bike and went home smiling because of the weather but in my mind I was already writing the email I'll send to the company!
I took a picture of the shopping I did, with the little bag........I know we all should go green, and when I am with the car I carry a tote, but on my bike I don't buy that much and my bikebags are kind a small so they won't hold my totebag......

Anyway, I thought I should share.......and here are the Ariel and the toiletpaper with the little bag to go with it....:(

HandsOffItsMine
September 6th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Klasien,

I already commented on your FB thread but for the others, there seems to be a loss worldwide of the term "Common Sense"!

Yesterday I had to post this on FB...

"I See Stupid People...I don't like the word "Stupid" but sometimes when a company rep asks me the same questions four times in an email volley and the answers are all there..."

In Europe it's very common for folks to do daily or more frequent grocery shopping as their fridges are much smaller than our "28 or larger sq. ft." ones, not to talk about our jumbo freezer, "extra" old fridge in the garage to hold "soda/pop" plus the dead Turkey for Thanksgiving!

In Hawaii we had to tote our groceries from the condo parking area up 15 floors, needless to say we wanted to make as little trip as possible. My Samoan friends eat a lot...

We got 2 of these and 2 vertical ones for $4.95 for the set at Costco best bags we've ever bought going on 2.5 years of abuse. lol - That's 11 bolts (15 yards ea.) in one bag ladies!!!

55137 55138

(Disclosure - Just happened that another FB friend said that her 31 Brand Grocery Tote was super big at 30 x 20 and the bagger called over the others to look at this HUGE BAG. That started a challenge! lol So far, I'm in the lead at 32 x 22! lol)

MRoy
September 6th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Sometimes I have so many canned items in a bag that I expect it to burst when picked up, then there is the opposite problem, the clerk will put two items in a bag then start another bag. I'll have 10 plastic bags with 15 items. I dislike plastic bags anyway. I tie the handles in a knot when I put the bags in the car so everything will stay in the bags on the drive home.

quiltingtrish
September 6th, 2013, 08:21 AM
Here, you have to use 2 bags for anything more than 2 cans. They are so thin they will bust right through before you even get it back out of the cart to put in your car. I heard they are going to start charging for plastic bags. I think I need to remember to take in the shopping bags I have in the car for my trips. The only problem is if they pack them full, I can't lift them.

Crazy they only gave you 1 small bag for all your items. I think I would have put back the other 4 detergents.

Hugs,

MayinJerset
September 6th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Klasien, Hope your letter to the drug store company gets some results.
Ruby, Great totes. Sometimes we forget that not everyone can get their groceries and other purchases into their homes easily. Cousin lives in a small beach community that doesn't have streets between the houses, she has to park in a lot near her home and uses a red wagon to tote her bags along the wooden walkway to her house.
Trish, Some supermarkets here give customers a few cents for each plastic bag they bring back. If they begin to charge for the bags I guess I'll have to make a few more cotton totes for shopping.

DH has been coming with me when I do a big food shopping and he has been packing the groceries. He will double bag the heavy stuff so we don't have the bag breaking when we take it from the car into the house. More than once I've had to chase a can or two rolling down our driveway because the plastic bag tore. Our regular supermarket has pretty sturdy bags but the bags at others tear even with a tube of toothpaste in them. We use the plastic bags to line our wastepaper baskets and double bag the one in our kitchen. Local farm market has brown paper bags with handles that I love, we keep one for recycling our mail and I put one near my cutting board to catch scraps.

Remember when we used those brown paper bags to cover our school books? Couldn't do that with today's plastic ones.

Lisapc
September 6th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I agree with being as green as possible but I have a use for those bags. Sorry ladies but we use them for poop. We do not just pile the poop up in the yard, it would be unhealthy. The poop bags they sell are never big enough for dog of any real size and mine are as big as people. Mine are taller than me standing up, thankfully they don't realize they are bigger than me.

Since they switched from paper to plastic bags I have been more and more frustrated because they use more than 1 bag for anything with some weight to it because they keep getting thinner and thinner. What is the point of that? Why not go back to paper bags? They are recyclable and if they end up in a landfill they degrade quickly. It just doesn't make since to me.

Suzette
September 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM
I love your attitude! But I have to admit, if it had been me, I would have told her that I would only buy what would fit in that one bag then and put the rest back. Stores are in business to sell things and make money. If their customers only buy what fits in that "one bag per customer" I'm sure that policy would change very quickly!! :D

Oh, and I have my own cloth shopping bags that I reuse, but sometimes I DO forget them. At times like that, I will definitely need more than one bag from the store. :icon_happy:

bubba
September 6th, 2013, 01:24 PM
We use the reusable bags you can buy at the grocery store. We have a stash of them in each of our cars. Usually, the largest stash is the one we forget at home in the kitchen!! They still have those brown paper bags here to bag in, but I have never used them. In the next county north of us, the stores can no longer order the plastic bags...once they are done w/the supply they have on hand, it's paper or recyclable ones only.

On a side note, my oldest, dearest and best friend lives in the Marshall Islands where she is principal of a private academy. When they came home this past Christmas for a visit and to meet their first grandchild, she was crocheting! I had never seen her crochet in my life! For those who don't know it, the Marshall Islands are like a third world country and quite poor. The women there take the plastic shopping bags and cut them into strips, then crochet them into bags, rugs, etc.....I was pretty amazed!

easyquilts
September 7th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Lisa.... You need a Chi! The poop is very small....

easyquilts
September 7th, 2013, 06:22 AM
I actually bought some of those totes they sell at Krogers, just for carrying groceries, put them in my car, and always forget I have them.. Seriously....

Precious1
September 7th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Here in Ft. Mcmurray, Canada, its against the municipality law for stores to give you those plastic bags. It's a BYOB law. I like it because I don't have a collection of those cheap plastic bags that I don't know what to do with them, but I sometimes forget to bring my bags. So, I'm always buying bags. Good thing the are usually $0.99.