PDA

View Full Version : What qualifies as "middle of the night" anyway?

cyndiofthevortex
September 6th, 2013, 02:35 AM
Here I am, folks, after my mandatory 3 hour stretch of sleep. Maybe tomorrow night it will be four, then five! A girl can dream, can't she? So, who else is up?

I have a wonderful story to share with you. I'm sure you've all heard it before, read to you by your mother as you snuggled in bed to help you get sleepy. I hope you don't mind hearing it one more time. It's just for you night owls.

A Fairy Tale of Flatulence - Once upon a time there was a great and generous King who loved his grandsons so much he agreed, along with his noble Queen, to babysit them for three days. To help them quiet down and get to sleep, he stood guard outside their room. Soon, however, he discovered an unmistakable feeling that could hardly be denied, though he fought it bravely. Sensing the boys were finally asleep, he admitted defeat and lost the battle.

From the next room erupted a gale of laughter. The Princes laughed and laughed and laughed. Just when the King thought sure they had stopped, one of them whispered to the other, "Grandpa farted."

It took quite some time before order was restored to the kingdom.

kensington
September 6th, 2013, 02:41 AM
I'm up... this is early for me. LOL. It's 12:40 am here. I just finished making Pillow Shams for my girl, (See them in show and tell). I'm getting ready to turn on an old movie or sew more .... probably both. I go like that until about 2am since I was about 18 years old. A long time. LOL.

Madeforyouinma11
September 6th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Hi Cyndi, I'm still up. Love the story. Never heard that one before...lol
Hubby just got home a few minutes ago. We are here drinking a cup of tea. He is reading his book and I am looking at Pinterest. I came by here to check the DD and see if you started the middle of the night thread. Not sure what qualifies as the middle of the night. I guess the earlier you go to bed the earlier the middle of the night is..lol. Wow, since I normally go to bed around 3 or 4, does that mean the middle of the night would be 7?
I'm trying to pick out my next quilt which is going to be for my granddaughters room. Having a hard time picking a cute pattern for her. Her room here is teal walls, white trim and white furniture and her curtains are a solid plum and I have a print that has teal, orange, pink, brown and plum. Sounds terrible but it's really cute. Want to make a quilt with these colors. Already have the fabric.
Oh well, hope you have a good night. I'm off again to look at more patterns but I'll check in before bed to see who else is up.

cyndiofthevortex
September 6th, 2013, 03:26 AM
PS I of course had DH's permission to post the Fairy Tale I wrote about him. He was really embarrassed by it all at first but then saw the potential for a long-lasting family story which will be told over and over and over. He's a good sport.

turena65
September 6th, 2013, 03:36 AM
Of course I'm up, probably won't even attempt sleep for a few more hours... the hardest thing about working night shift is switching to a daytime awake/nighttime sleep schedule on my days off then back to night awake/daytime sleep when I'm back on. Got a call today that we had an employee call in sick and would i mind taking call at home tonight for 12 hours until more patients come in? Of course not, I can't sleep anyway I my as well get paid to sit at home and wait for a phone call!

I always check the DD at night before I hit the hay so I don't miss out on a potentially awesome deal. I love the Catalina line and I may just have to pick a few of them up for a falling charms quilt. :) Today I hit the LQS for my zipper foot and the ladies were so sweet when they saw me. "Turena! We thought of you today when we got __________ in! You have to see this, its so YOU!" I love them dearly and I know they are just trying to make a sale, but boy they are GOOD.... today of course I walked out of there with not just the foot but a book of patterns they convinced me I just Had to have. I swear, I have Got to stop going in there :)

When I got home I completed another pillow for my DGB 's nursery using piping I just made...I love Youtube .... you can learn to make pretty much anything from Youtube. Isn't modern technology amazing? We are so fortunate to live in these modern times where we have so much convenience available to us with minimal effort. I think often about the pioneers and how just making a meal for their families was so much effort and things like laundry were so physically demanding. How blessed we are!

Oh goodness, I'm just chatting up a storm... cute story Cyndi :) I hope everyone has a great night, sweet dreams, don't let the bed bugs bite :)

Sheena
September 6th, 2013, 04:53 AM
I don't sleep well either :(

But I'm always up for the DD, in fact I'm often waiting for it. Your midnight is my 7 a.m. Lucky me!

Sew Perfect
September 6th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Well, it's 3:53 here and, of course, I am up. I didn't mean to be up at this hour, but I got to cleaning my machine as it was really dirty. I've just given up on it and decided to take it in for maintenance, a good cleaning and oiling. I will be lost without my beloved machine, but at least I have a good back-up. Other than that, I was watching Leah Day. Gotta love her.

You story was great tonight. The pillow shams look good so far, Kensy.