PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for Laughter!

SallyO'Sews
September 5th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Hi, Everyone!

Today I am thankful for laughter. I know, that sounds so odd, but it is true - laughter is great medicine for the soul. If I'm not mistaken, there have been studies done that show better results for hospital patients who watch comical movies or TV shows or whatever makes the laugh. Since last night, I've been laughing at all the threads on the Forum about British vs. American English - too funny!

One of the wisest men in history wrote: "A merry heart does good, like medicine; but a broken spirit dries up the bones."

Laughter - the ability to find things amusing and to rejoice - is something that sets us apart from other creatures. Your pet may be able to display pleasure, but probably won't find things actually funny. Only people have that ability; so go ahead and laugh - it'll do you good!

Today, may you have many reasons to laugh and to give thanks!

Blessings, ~ Sally \0/

MayinJerset
September 5th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Yes, let us all be thankful for laughter. Just think of something amusing or funny that happened to you or someone you know and have a little chuckle over it. Guaranteed to put you in a good mood. PIF

Just read this in post Rude Food and it made me really laugh out loud.

Buns - Fruit buns are made by aunties and grandmas and often served with a cuppa. It is perfectly acceptable to say "Mmmmm, nice buns Grandma".

Cartoon didn't copy with the definition so take a look at Rude Food.

Lisapc
September 5th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I was always taught and now believe that laughter brings God into your soul as much as love does.

Today I am thankful for my hubby's disposition. He is just a happy Guy. I don't have to work hard to keep him happy. That makes my life easier and I am grateful for that.

grannyann
September 5th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I notice at our sewing group how a few ladies just laughed and laughed and was having a good time. I thought when was the last time I had a good laugh and enjoyed my self and I couldn't remember when . I so envied them. How sad for me. But I will work on that because I do want to be happy and have a good laugh now and then. I am way to serious.

pcbatiks
September 5th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Sally.........I am thankful for laughter too.........always...........at times when you are down a good laugh can change your whole mood. This forum has provided me with laughs almost everyday! I remember when my hubby, my parents & I were at MD Anderson years ago to start my husbands treatments........we were all sitting together while he filled out some medical papers........he got to one of the questions and said "Well, at least I'm not pregnant!". We all got a very much needed laugh from that one! :)

I'm also thankful for my son, his girlfriend and the rest of my family.

Thankful.......that all I have left to do on my aunt's quilt is the binding and label! :icon_woohoo:

pcbatiks
September 5th, 2013, 04:59 PM
I notice at our sewing group how a few ladies just laughed and laughed and was having a good time. I thought when was the last time I had a good laugh and enjoyed my self and I couldn't remember when . I so envied them. How sad for me. But I will work on that because I do want to be happy and have a good laugh now and then. I am way to serious.

Ann......hopefully as you become better acquainted with the other ladies in the group you will be laughing more too. Wishing you the best with your sewing group........and take time to find things that make you laugh.......it is amazing what a good laugh can do for you! :)

auntiemern
September 5th, 2013, 05:10 PM
I remember when my parents lost their home in the great flood of 1992 when the Meramec River reached near record heights. They had to fill out papers for FEMA and other government agency's. My mom was really having a hard time during this. As all forms do, it came to the question of sex, meaning male or female. Told my mom she should write, no more than I have to. I got a laugh out of her, and helped ease the tension a little.

Iris Girl
September 5th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Today I am thankful for my hubby being a great guy 95% of the time. Just got my machine back from servicing and it was not right its an hour away in heavily traffic congestion I don't drive in. Was emailing my service guy back and forth trying to find a time to go when hubby calls and says early day he is on his way home. when he walked in the door I asked him if he wanted to shuffle my machine back to nanuet and he said not really , but put her in the car and lets go. He was very good natured about because he really wanted for us to go on a motorcycle ride. F+Days getting cooler and shorter and soon will be putting the bike away for winter, but he also knows I need my machine and it means keeping me happy and some shirts for him plus my quilting so off we went and had a nice afternoon . I treated him to a great roast beef sandwich at out fav deli and he is happy.

ilive2craft2
September 5th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Laughter is the best medicine and it is a great thing to be thankful for.

Today I am thankful to have not received a call that my mother has fallen again. She has been falling a lot lately, due to blood pressure issues. The changes in her meds I believe are starting to help. I am also thankful for my siblings who all pitch in with all that has been going on with mom lately.

Also thankful that even though we are living in a construction zone and it seems crazy and dirty, we are lucky enough to have a home and the ability to pay for improvements.

SuzyQue
September 5th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Today I am thankful for all the prayers received on here for Whitney. God has answered them and I give praises for the miracle that she has received and you have all been a part in. Today I learned that Whitney has added eating bread and french fries to her watery mashed potato diet and all is going through smoothly. Whitney has also added another hour to her school day so she is present over half the day now! Her next appointment is not for 4 weeks! Time for this young lady to be a teen again! Praise be to God and thank you one and all for your prayers!

ilive2craft2
September 5th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Today I am thankful for all the prayers received on here for Whitney. God has answered them and I give praises for the miracle that she has received and you have all been a part in. Today I learned that Whitney has added eating bread and french fries to her watery mashed potato diet and all is going through smoothly. Whitney has also added another hour to her school day so she is present over half the day now! Her next appointment is not for 4 weeks! Time for this young lady to be a teen again! Praise be to God and thank you one and all for your prayers!

Suzy that is wonderful news!!!! Keeping Whitney and her family in our prayers for continued healing.