PDA

View Full Version : Thursday - it's gonna be a great day

Blondie
September 5th, 2013, 06:56 AM

Hello and Happy Thursday Folksies! Happy Rosh Hashanah!

There is a delightful chill in the air this morning. Nothing drastic; just pleasant. Oh, how I love the Fall of the year.
It is my favorite season, I think. I mean, I am always more than ready for Spring after Winter and enjoy the blossoming and colors of that season. Summer means too much heat for this gal and since I am a Southern Woman I do not perspire, I get dewy. Yeah, right! I sweat like a hawg. The heat makes me light headed and the sun breaks me out in a rash, so, I do not like summer too much. Fall has lovely colors, none of which look good on me in the apparel dept but I do so love the leaves, whiffs of wood burning stoves, apples, pumpkins and every other pleasant thing identified with Autumn. On my bucket list is a visit to the New England states for a leaf looking visit.

So, the morning chill won't last after the sun comes up. Work this morning, then some stuff with Mom to take care of and perhaps I will be able to make my way down the stairs. You have NO idea how much I miss my sewing time. I can barely remember what I was in the beginning, middle or end of.

Remember those who are in need of your prayers and loving support here from the forum; Sandy N, Cindy L., Jan L., Marilyn, Ruby and so many others . . . hugs and a grateful heart to each precious one. I have a special place in my heart for each one as I think of you.

Have a wonderful day everyone. SMILE brightly.

HandsOffItsMine
September 5th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Morning Blondie,

It's been an early one for me. Restless night, 4:30 I gave up. lol

I'm hoping that since there is only a 20% of rain for the next 5 days that the humidity will drop and a nice "Fall" mode with happen here in Atlanta. "I is tired" of sweating like a pig! There is no glow on this woman, I'm just sayin'!! lol

Spent literally more than 3.5 hours on hold with 2 different GA State departments trying to do the next part of finding out if I can quality for some type of health insurance through a county clinic. (Can't get Medicare since I don't have a child in the house). TG for unlimited minutes on my cell! They want a "Referral from a doctor (within the last 6 month) with my specific medical needs."

Said my new doctor's more detained report estimated quote for extended office visit, ultra-sound, cat scan, specialized blood work up = $2,500 - Hello...I HAVE NO FRICKIN' INSURANCE!!! WTF, do you guys not understand in this situation?!?

Do you think my Fibro was a TAD in a major Flare after that call that got me absolutely no where. I have the wrong last name, I'm the wrong color. Even had the worker tell me this at the county office in Marietta last week! UGH. I'm reliving the hell I went through when my Mams lost her insurance when she had her cancer. Fought with Calif. MediCal and SSDI for years and she was approve 2 days after she passed away! Nothing like going from Middle Class to No Class in less than 3 years...

On a upbeat note...Should your child or grandchild take a Copic marker (Art Permanent Marker) to your brand new fiberglass spa tub - Rubbing Alcohol and a soft cloth will remove it!

I got a call about dinner time...Kat...She sounded like one of the kids or Matt had really hurt themselves or worse. Then it's, Penny got a hold of one of Zander permanent art markers, dark brown, and scribbled ALL over the master bedroom tub. From one end to the other. Now they moved in about 7 weeks ago and it's a brand new house. Kat's like, "Mom, I want to throw up!" I felt sick to my stomach, my thoughts are more. Zander is still the stepson and Matt's going to blame Zander even though Kat said he had both his door closed and his art box was closed. Penny had mastered opening it up! Yes, Matt does favor his own a bit still. :(

Luckily I belong to two FB scrapbook groups and I said let me go on there and put out a HELP maybe some of the girls know what to do. Don't try anything yet. Within minutes some things were posted. Some were crazy because I knew they would remove the gloss of the fiberglass, like nail polish remover or paint thinner. Nope, moving on. I decided we would try in order: rubbing alcohol, small amount of Soft Scrub on soft cloth, Magic Eraser as last resort as it might remove gloss. Luckily RA did the trick.

Don was sent to CVS and took the goods to Kat, assisted watching Miss Penny while Mommy tried it out. Don said as he was leaving Miss Penny and Ollie were in the kitchen area coloring. Penny in a designated book for now! :D

quiltingtrish
September 5th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Another day, another dollar (and that's about what it amounts to it seems). The sun is out and the air is crisp - love it! I also love the Fall time of the year, just don't like what follows it.

Glad you found something to work on the tub - these little kiddos sure can get in to stuff they shouldn't.

Started a new project the other evening. I found the blocks from a online swap from 2002. Last night I trimmed them all to the correct size. I have 27 blocks out of 35 that actually look like a star and that were able to be trimmed to 8 1/2" square. Tonight I hope to cut the sashing strips needed to make it a little larger and separate the blocks a tad from each other.

Oooooooooooooooooooooo- my cat is SO in trouble!!! He is mad because I just put him in for the day and he just jumped up on my chair behind me and SPRAYED MY BACK! Just got back from cleaning off - - is it possible to spray after you have been fixed? After all these years I am thinking of taking him back to the vet and have them do more snipping. I think they might have missed something. What do you all think that have cats?

Well, now gotta get to school. I hope you all have a great day. If you don't get sprayed by a pissed off cat, consider yourself having a great day!

Hugs,

Jean Sewing Machine
September 5th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Good morning all! I love that Cyndiofthevortex started the middle of the night post for the nigh owls and insomniacs! Unfortunately, I was not able to join them last night because I WAS SLEEPING! I woke up at midnight to check the daily deal, but after that, it was lights out for the duration!

Even though I was very tired yesterday, I muscled through and finished piecing 2 quilt tops. I need to rustle up the appropriate backing and get them quilted. It will be good to finish a quilt, because I haven't finished one since June. I've made a lot of small projects, but no quilts.

For those of you who are going to attend the Fall Fun Get Together and want to stay in the retreat center, they are starting to take reservations for our get together. Look under groups for information as to how to sign up. We're finally going to get it all together, I think!

My daughter has officially moved to Atlanta, she got her furniture and boxes of STUFF delivered yesterday to their new house. She is longing for her fabulous shoe collection among the boxes, but hasn't found them all just yet. SIL got the great news yesterday that he will get the job with ATT in Atlanta, that was the final piece of the puzzle that had to be put into place before the whole family could be together! SIL and dogs are leaving this weekend with a truckload of boxes (I hope!) for the final move down there. I'll miss them a lot, but will be glad to get my garage corners cleaned out. My guess is that I'll still have some leftovers to remember them by! They had a very large ranch house here in St. Louis with an empty basement. They are moving into a multistory with a tiny basement. Guess what? All the junk they moved has no home! Hello, why didn't she get rid of it before she paid to move it? I think she realized that as they unloaded the truck and she quickly was overwhelmed by boxes of stuff of little value! Live and learn!

I've got to go to work today at the bridal salon, then a quiet weekend, perhaps! Maybe I'll get to finish those quilts I worked on yesterday, whoohoo! Have a great day, everyone!

Monique
September 5th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Good morning friends. Today is our 32nd anniversary. We came into Ottawa yesterday. We did a tour on tne amphibus. It is a bus that turns into a boat, so cool. Out for dinner and then we waited for Mosaika to start. Oh my what a presentation. They tell the story of Canada with a video shown on he parliament buildings. We walked a lot last night. I think today we visit the deifenbuker on our way home. Talk to you later.

Jean Sewing Machine
September 5th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Good morning friends. Today is our 32nd anniversary. We came into Ottawa yesterday. We did a tour on tne amphibus. It is a bus that turns into a boat, so cool. Out for dinner and then we waited for Mosaika to start. Oh my what a presentation. They tell the story of Canada with a video shown on he parliament buildings. We walked a lot last night. I think today we visit the deifenbuker on our way home. Talk to you later.Happy Anniversary, Monique! What is a deifenbunker?

MayinJerset
September 5th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Happy Anniversary, Monique! What is a deifenbunker?
I was going to say the same things, May

Enjoy your anniversary trip Monica, your DH too. LOL!

Lisapc
September 5th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Good morning all!

Today is Kora's first day taking the bus to Kindergarten. I just got off the phone with DD and although Kora got on the bus like a big girl she spent the morning talking as if Mom was going to follow the bus and be in school with her. She chose to ignore everyone when they told her she was a big girl going alone. She is so fiercely independent this is a shocker. So I will be off to the post office and to my DD's soon. I want to be there when she gets off the bus. I am not supposed to drive that far but I just have to be there. I had to promise to take a nap when I get home or Peter threatened to take my keys.

Lil' Peter is sad for Kora to start school today because he wants her on his bus. He says he needs to protect her from the older kids. He is a good uncle.

I hope you all have a great day and prayer to everyone!

MayinJerset
September 5th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Been up quite awhile, wanted to get Bday card for DIL MJ in the mail this morning. She should receive it by Saturday, just in time for her Bday on Sunday. While I had my card drawer open I decided to clear out some of the extra cards and spent about an hour going through everything. I receive lots of packs of greeting and note cards from various charities I donate to, quite a few from ones I don't donate to also. Anyway I'll never use them all, some are very small or just plain ugly, so I discarded the really bad ones and packaged the rest in a baggie to donate to Good Will. Lots of Bdays this month, next week is DS#2, MJ's DH, DS Carol, DGS Ben and last my BFF's.

See quiltingtrish is putting some swap star blocks together. Hmmm bet it is for the challenge for the retreat both of us will be at in a few weeks. I better get my star quilt ready too, top is done and I'd like to finish it because after the retreat I think I may put it into the box I'm filling for my Secret Pal.

Up to my sewing room to put the black, white and yellow string blocks I finished yesterday into a lap quilt. Had lots of strips in various sizes of different fabrics left over from black and white log cabin quilt I made a DGD a few years ago so I cut them all the same width and now no more annoying strips hanging around with nothing to do. Plan to make another set of black and white strings but this time will be using the odds and ends of fabrics about 6 - 8" wide. Have some nice pink strips to use as my accent. Finally going to whip my black and white stash into shape.

dwil23
September 5th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Good morning all,

Blondie I am so envious of all you ladies who live where you have seasons. I LOVE fall most of all. Love the beautiful leaves which I have to drive a good ten hours north to be able to see. On my bucket list - I want to take a full six week vacation - starting up in Canada in September and just travel south as the leaves are turning and ending up in north Georgia in early November. Of course, I am sure there will be plenty of LQS on the way.

Today I MUST finish that sailboat baby quilt. I am really getting tired of it. Then a cover for a "Bosom Buddy" pillow and that shower gift is done. I also hope to get my order of pumpkin party fabric in the mail today so that I can finish up the borders and backing for DD's Birthday quilt. She will be 31 on Halloween and when I saw this line, I knew I had to have it for her. After getting those done, I must make myself go back to all my UFOs that I started as Christmas gifts last year. I must finish them for this year. I must finish them for this year...(x98 more times).

Everyone have a Blessed Day - prayers for all. Happy Anniversary Monique!

HandsOffItsMine
September 5th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Happy Anniversary Monique! Enjoy your wonderful time on the town! :D Forgot that we have ours so close together! hehe

toggpine
September 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Good morning!
The first day of school is under our belt and now I'm going to have to drag the princess out of bed!

It's raining today, so I can work on shifting some of the things around in the sewing room and finish purging stuff out of Em's room and not feel guilty for letting the nice weather go to waste.

I had better get on with it or we'll be scrambling for the bus!
Have a great one!
Cathy

cyndiofthevortex
September 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Happy Anniversary, Monique! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Yes, Trish, fixed cats can spray. We mixes up a 10 to 1 mixture of water to vinegar and sprayed it around the house to discourage it. We also kept him confined to a bathroom every time he sprayed. They usually do it when they are stressed and being in time out usually helps calm them down.

Today I am prepping for my next quilt. Jonas is off to a Men's Retreat so I am alone for the weekend, not counting kids and grandkids. I feel like working on something new. Another Shadow Box quilt is in the works for the next few days. Hope to finish it by Sunday night. The top, anyway.

I have a hankerin' for some apple pie with this cooler weather. Now if I could just muster up the energy to make one I'd be all set! Bubby, can you come over and make me one? I love reading on your blog about the yummy food you make. How long would it take you to drive to New Hampshire?

auntiemern
September 5th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Good day all. I to am looking forward to fall. Monique, we share our anniversary, how cool is that? Got a little quilting done on DH's quilt, then had to deal with kids, and after that we we out to dinner for my b'day. Texas Roadhouse, rib eye, oh yeah. Not sure what I will get done today. I didn't sleep much last night, but opted to fight it out in bed. I still have pain from the surgery, that is caused from the nerve irritation. Last night 2 of the 4 incisions and surrounding areas were bothering me quite a bit. That's it from me.
Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

Madeforyouinma11
September 5th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Hello everyone..hope everyone that is celebrating birthdays and anniversaries is having a great day. The weather is cooler here today. It's so nice. I love fall and spring..my two favorites. Today I will cut the lawn and then shower and dive into my sewing room. Not sure if I'm going to clean it or sew..
Blondie, if you ever come up north to peep the foliage, make sure you let us northeners know so we can get together. There's probably enough of us up here that you would have a place to stay in each state along the coast so you didn't have to pay for a hotel room! Just sayin' :)
Well, off to get on with my day!

Lisapc
September 5th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Monique- Happy Anniversary! Very impressive having 38 years in today's world.

1st day of school update- I arrived Lilyanna was looking for her sister because usually when she isn't home I arrive with her. She cried and bent her little body around looking for her. She didn't even want the monkey teething rattle I brought her. 5 minutes later Kora came off the bus happy and confident as usual and then Lilyanna wanted me. They were both pouting when I left. Kora told me she couldn't find Peter all day. How did all of us adults miss the fact that they thought they were going to the same school?

I am off for my promised nap and I hope you are all having a wonderful day, I know I already posted but I am just excited. You would think it was my first day of school.

kensington
September 5th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Happy Thursday all. Nice weather here, even though there is no sunshine. Not too hot. We did our football drafts last night for the Family Football Fantasy league. Will be hosting some football parties this year. Yep, starting with the first one this Sunday. Woot! Gotta get that Snack bar restocked right away.

I'm still so tired from everyone being here, I could have just slept the day away.... but... here I am and I'm off to work on the restore quilt and some shams for my girl to match her Pinwheel quilt. Have a great day everyone!

shannonsaulter
September 6th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Summer finally found us its been in the high 90's here yuck! I am ready for fall! Today is 7 weeks smoke free and I am at work and looking forward to a few days off soon..get to enjoy 3 days off this weekend! Hope everyone is well...

Sew Perfect
September 6th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Summer finally found us its been in the high 90's here yuck! I am ready for fall! Today is 7 weeks smoke free and I am at work and looking forward to a few days off soon..get to enjoy 3 days off this weekend! Hope everyone is well...

Shannon, have you been getting any sewing done since you returned from vacation? I know you were in a funk for a while and hope you're feeling better and getting to sew again.

My day started out well then went downhill from there. My son wasn't very nice and actually had me in tears today. For a while, I was actually wishing that he moved out after all. In the mean time, I quilted a baby quilt and now working on another project...handwork for binding.

The day has ended okay. DH woke up tonight and we actually went to ihop for breakfast. it was night to get out of the house for a bit after having such a bad day.