PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday already

Blondie
September 4th, 2013, 05:04 AM

Hello Folksies! Yes, indeedy, it is surely Wednesday. How do I know that? Is it because I woke up at 2:30? The forum was closed for maintanence and I was forced to go to pinterest. My, how time flies while on pinterest.

Today I will do the things I put off yesterday. I should have a full day if that means I will also be doing the regularly scheduled Wednesday stuff, including mid week laundry. My life is just so wonderful. I wake up in the middle of the night and think of all the chores that I didn't finish. I should be old enough to not give a flip. If you saw my house, you would realize that secretly I don't give a flip. Which is one reason I should stay off pinterest. Do you realize how many drop dead gorgeous quilts I have made in my head while surfing there? Or just how easily I was able to re decorate, re model, craft, build, cook - Oh to be able to actually accomplish some of these things. It actually has a tendency to make me want to slap myself for being so lazy.

I have been interrupted by Gracie so much while typing this that now the Man is awake. Imagine his surprise at the turned tables this morning! I have HIS coffee ready for a change. I do believe mornings like this mean a nap is in order this afternoon.

Blessings, hugs, smiles - and lots of them to go around here!

Blondie

Madeforyouinma11
September 4th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Good morning Blondie! Or should I say good night...lol. I'm just checking in before going to bed. I was sewing the binding on a quilt for my nephews wedding on Sunday while watching a couple of movies and the next thing you know, I'm done and it's 4:15! Hubby came home from work around 1:00, did some reading and went to bed. I'm with you when it comes to Pinterest.. I love the quilts..want to make all of them, and the food! I get hungry just looking at it. I get involved with the things I could do around the house and all that stuff just keeps me looking for more. If I could get half of what I would love to do done I'd be one happy momma.
Well I can dream can't I? Lol looks like I'll be sleeping in a little bit, but then it's up and at em and starting some other unfinished project around here. Maybe I'll tear apart my sewing room today...hmmmm I'll have to sleep on that one and see what I can dream up.
Well, here's wishing everyone a great day and do what makes you smile! :)

Jean Sewing Machine
September 4th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Good morning early birds! I've been doing some insomnia sewing since about 3, which was preceeded by some browsing for new quilt patterns, checking my stash, watching TV, etc. I'm ready for a couple of hours of shut eye to catch up on sleep so the day won't be wasted by lolling around all sleepy! I did my rows of a Halloween falling charms, and have all the blocks done for another one ready to sew the rows. Hope to get both tops finished today, so I can get going on quilting them

Hope you all have a great day!

Granny Judy
September 4th, 2013, 07:12 AM
I, Too was awake around 2:30. Bath room break and surfing for ideas. My GS wants a quilt with black and all greens.. He loved the "Light into dark" mystery quilt... I did a bit of shopping here for black charms...since that is the DD!! A 13 yr old who is very opinionated about his "colors".

Have a lunch date today so I'd better try to grab a few winks.. Don't want to fall asleep and drown in my soup!!

Andrea F
September 4th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Good morning everyone. Itīs already noon here, but I am still in my pajamas because I slept in really late. Have been up until 4 a.m. and I donīt even care today because I AM ON VACATION! I have a three week break of both of my jobs ahead of me and I am a happy girl this morning. All of my men are gone to work or to school, which started here today after the summer break. It is wonderful quiet in our house and when I am done looking around the forum and catching up with everything I will go and sew my falling charm blocks into rows. DH has to go to work for a few more days and on Thursday next week we will go to Turkey for wonderful relaxing nine days, lying at the beach in the sun.
I hope everybody has a really nice day!

Bubby
September 4th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Morning All,

I had another sleepless night but finally dozed off at 4 and the Girls woke us up at 4:30. That's what we get for putting them to bed early!

I have a busy day catching up with the things I don't do when Jeff is off, and he was off for 5 days. We went to Rolla yesterday to a plumbing supply store and spent two very long hours there plus a major amount of $$$. Then we were off to the plumbing department at Lowe's. We took time for a nice Mexican lunch, which was so good.

If I can find the staples for our nail gun I will make a pressing board today that will fit my sewing table. I have some nice off-white canvas for the cover. Laundry is the #1 order of today...lots of laundry.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

Monique
September 4th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Good morning friends. I got the kitchen and hallway floors washed yesterday. Trimmed a few plants. Not much happening. Today I will try and get the living room floor done and then by afternoon maybe some quilting. My baby quilt has sold and she will be picking it up tomorrow. More money for my trip. It is our 32nd anniversary tomorrow. Going to try and do something for hubby.

On that note, have a great day everyone.

HandsOffItsMine
September 4th, 2013, 08:18 AM
So...plumber shows up yesterday morning about at the midpoint of the scheduled window time...I let Don deal with him, I'm on the phone with Kat. I'm upstairs at my computer and decide that my back is hurting/should stretch out my back on the bed. By this time, the plumber (really he's a technician from this huge leasing company) left about 5 minutes ago. I stretch out on my back, look up and see that the tray ceiling edge has a leak again! UGH I need to call the ding-a-ling girl again!!! Heckfire Shoot!!! Not happy at all.

Left 2 voicemails, filed a maintenance claim online...got autoreply. Now the wait continues!

I will continue to put fabric away, sewing notions away, batting away as it's in the closet that my folks need to use. Generally cleaning out the areas that your guests will see. In my case, every where since this is the first visit for my folks and my SM will want to see every nook and cranny! :P POOP!!!

Bailey65
September 4th, 2013, 09:07 AM
I guess insomnia seems to running rampant, hehehe! I did not sleep well last night either. Today I have a few last minute things to do before my son and his family move in temporarily. Last night they got an e-mail from the title company stating that the home that is being built was put in the wrong place on the property and that the builder needs a variance....geez. So they still do not have a closing date and none of us have any idea how long they will be here. But that's okay we will make it work I am sure :)

Hopefully I will get some sewing in today after I get all my house stuff done!

Have a GREAT day Ladies :icon_wave:

Cathy F
September 4th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Morning all!

Usually I'm up before the sun but today actually slept in till 8:00 am. This morning I've got to get in the sewing room and start re-arranging furniture, DH bought me that craft/sewing table I was admiring as a surprise. Love him for doing it, now gotta try and fit it in. Will post a pic when I get it done.

Today we are going to see The Buddy Holly Story with some friends (my husband loves his music), then going for a nice dinner afterwards. Should be a lovely day. Well, really gotta get moving and get a few things accomplished. Hope everyone has a good day!

MRoy
September 4th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Good morning! I slept in a bit today. Today is my "girl's day out" with my WW meeting and shopping/looking. I'll cut the grass this afternoon too. I'd rather mow on Thursdays but I have to go back into work mode tomorrow (and probably Friday) for the personnel hearing that will never end! I volunteered to see this through after I retired (rather than get subpoenaed), but it's dragging on.........and on!

I'm halfway through piecing the 2nd charity baby quilt top. I had extra tumblers from the first one that I thought could be cut into half-hexies, but they were just a bit too narrow for the template. So, I cut more tumblers for this quilt...no wasting! I'll be able to quilt both of them at the same time.

Happy Hump Day!

nyscpa2be
September 4th, 2013, 09:43 AM
I thought it was going to be a good day - woke up to sunshine finally, thought about actually cleaning the house (can't clean on rainy days). Then I got my coffee and opened my email. And there they were. The divorce papers.

I think I'm going back to bed today. And I don't care about cleaning.

Lisapc
September 4th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Is sleeplessness contagious? I had fallen asleep because I had the nerve to sit on the couch yesterday around 10 am and slept until around 2 pm or so. Then I was up until about 2 am and awake but tired at 6 am. Hubby hovered over me until I got him to go to bed around 10 or so. If I can get through today without falling asleep I might get the chance to get back into the early bed time for getting my son up for school feeling like a human and not a zombie.

I have so many errands to do that I can't decide which ones, or couldn't until my son told me he wants to make taco's for dinner. He is 8 and really getting into spicy foods so I guess the LQS first and then the grocery store.

Today is Kora's Kindergarten orientation. I called her last night to wish her luck and she told me that she hopes school is as fun as everyone says it will be. My hubby keeps saying she has no idea that her fun carefree life is truly over. I have never met a man who hates school as much as him. Not like he didn't go for gosh sake he is an engineer who is always taking classes to keep up with changing technology in his field.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and can get some good sleep tonight. Prayers to all.

Mom23
September 4th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Good Morning All,

I am blessed to have been able to sleep like a log last night. I got home from quilt class at 10, watched tv until midnight, then slept until 7. Quilt class was fun. I had mentioned yesterday we were supposed to purchase a June Taylor cutter. The cost was $40 at our LQS and I was debating spending the money. Well, am I glad I did. That thing is awesome! I learned so much in just one class. I'm not sure I will stick with the group long enough to make three quilts but so far I'm enjoying it.

Today I get to pick up two quilts from my LAQ. One is my "Into the Light" mystery quilt and the other is just a small quilt I purchased as a kit in Alaska. It's a sunny day so I will try and get some good pictures in Show and Tell.

After a crappy weekend things are looking up a little around here. Thanks for your prayers, and kind personal messages. I am so blessed to have such kind and caring virtual friends.

Blessings,
Robin

auntiemern
September 4th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Morning all. Yep, it is me before 11 AM. Had to get up early to go get Bubby. DD works days today. Not much happening here today. I am almost finished quilting DH's bass quilt. Should have it done to give to him for our anniversary tomorrow. Haven't been on much, cuz I did over do it a few days.
Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.

cyndiofthevortex
September 4th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I have a GREAT idea (of course I think all of my ideas are great), but this one really is! How about someone start a middle-of-the-night thread? I'd love that when I'm up at 2 am and can't sleep, like last night. It might make that time a little less frustrating.

I am working on quilting feathers today. I completely love the Angela Walters Craftsy class "Free Motion Quilting with Feathers." What a great teacher she is! I've gone through all the lessons and now am going through them again practicing lots and lots of what she is teaching. I hope I get better with every practice sandwich. Hopefully I won't be getting any worse!

Dear Foster Son Christopher is finally having a visit with his mother after she blew off the last three, and she only sees him two hours a week! Their social worker doesn't want to increase visits until she is consistent with what she has. There is nothing I wouldn't do to see my children so I can't understand what she is thinking. DFS is so cheerful and any mother would be over-the-moon to have such a sweet child.

The weather is perfect here and I hope to have a day full of peace, smiles and happiness. I wish the same for all of you!

Sew Perfect
September 4th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Good morning! I wish I were able to fall asleep earlier than 2:30 lastnight. I have my qov group today and I'm too tired to see straight! Never fear, a good shower should help me wake up...I hope.

Happy Birthday, Myrna! I hope your day is a special one.

Everyone else have a good day. Happy sewing.

SuzyQue
September 4th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Today is nice and sunny.....not too hot...yet! I didn't sleep well last night either, but no time for a nap today. I have a full schedule ahead all day and must get back to that adorable little quilt that I pieced last night. I found a fun book at the library and last night I just popped together a cute little quilt of school houses. I had a layer cake from M* that really didn't have a purpose...yet...so it was my fabric choices, with a few extras tossed in. I am really please so far. It will make a great wall hanging for August and September......well actually it could hang any time......but just reminds me of back to school time. I hope to put it together and do the quilting and binding tonight. We shall see how the day goes!
Hugs and prayers for all! Go make it a great day!

MayinJerset
September 4th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Chores, will they never end? So many of us even dream about doing them. Me too but then dreaming about doing them tires me out so much that I don't have the energy to do them. So what? They'll still be here tomorrow and tomorrow so what's the hurry.

That said, I did do some housework chores yesterday and got in some string block sewing. On line group I participate in are doing black and white ones , so far I have 24 half done with a wide bright yellow row in each of them. Used up all the B&W strips I had in my scrap box and now will use up those 4 - 5" strips in the small fabric stack. No pressure making these blocks, no deadline either because I have all Sept and Oct to make the blocks. When I'm finished I plan to put the blocks into lap quilts for my guild's giving closet. Going to finish my coffee and then sew some more blocks before food shopping this afternoon.

Claire Hallman
September 4th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Hi everyone, there seem to be a lot of anniversaries this week. I guess the long Labor Day weekend over the years has made for a good wedding date. Our 43rd anniversary is today so we are going out to dinner.
I am making my DH a quilt, it is made and about half quilted, maybe I can get lots done on it today, won't be finished as there is just too much left to FMQ after I finish the SITD part. Then of course there will be a day of binding soon.
I did get a Project Linus finished, binding, label and all and will donate it at guild tomorrow. I was so pleased when I pulled it out of the dryer that the tiny dots of upper gold thread that were showing on the white back just disappeared. They were not too obvious but now... not even there, woohoo!

shannonsaulter
September 4th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Hi all GM GN or GA depending on where you are...I am on my Wed for a change and looking forward to 3 days of this week...Both DD are at scholl then DD #1 will be off to work.
She turns 20 next week and just applied to be a courts and detention officer with the San Diego Sheriff's...proud mama for sure..
Dh is at work and he made a crack about attitudes this am that has put me in a bad mood..hope I can shake it before work...
Hope everyone has a great day and as Blondie says find that reason to Smile!

Annette Ackley
September 4th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Hello everyone!! After noon here. Still in my nightie. Spent yesterday in the ER with the DH. The front of his right leg was hurting him and he couldn't hardly walk. The Dr. says it is probably from an insect bite. Gave him antibiotics and a cortizone cream to put on it. He had me call off work today, just in case he had to go back. What a guy!! I spent last night finishing up a table topper for my friend's birthday. Getting in the mail later. She will be surprised. It is made with 2 shades of purple. Her favorite color. LOL I have to laugh at her. She keeps asking if I have her star quilt done yet. I made a mistake and showed her the stars I've been working on. So she keeps asking how her quilt is coming along. When I get it done. I better not show it to her. She will take it home with her. lol The weather here has been cool. You can tell Fall is here. Oh well time goes on. Gonna start working on a table runner. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Jean Sewing Machine
September 4th, 2013, 04:10 PM
I have a GREAT idea (of course I think all of my ideas are great), but this one really is! How about someone start a middle-of-the-night thread? I'd love that when I'm up at 2 am and can't sleep, like last night. It might make that time a little less frustrating.

I am working on quilting feathers today. I completely love the Angela Walters Craftsy class "Free Motion Quilting with Feathers." What a great teacher she is! I've gone through all the lessons and now am going through them again practicing lots and lots of what she is teaching. I hope I get better with every practice sandwich. Hopefully I won't be getting any worse!

Dear Foster Son Christopher is finally having a visit with his mother after she blew off the last three, and she only sees him two hours a week! Their social worker doesn't want to increase visits until she is consistent with what she has. There is nothing I wouldn't do to see my children so I can't understand what she is thinking. DFS is so cheerful and any mother would be over-the-moon to have such a sweet child.

The weather is perfect here and I hope to have a day full of peace, smiles and happiness. I wish the same for all of you!
Let's do that Cyndi, I'm in the middle of the night thing very often!

kensington
September 4th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Well, I can't believe how late I slept in today. I must have been more tired than I thought, and once all was quiet and calm around here, I really crashed. I almost feel guilty. Sorta.

I am a night person, I have been since I was young. Always up until 2am. Being a military wife and him being gone so much, it was a pattern I fell into. Got to bed between 2-4... get up at 7 to get the kids off to school, go back to bed for 3 hours to rest and get up for the day.

I know a lot of military wives that adopted that kind of pattern. LOL